You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD2 Eagles War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: FFMD2 Eagles War Room Reply with quote

This thread is for all discussion about the draft. In here you talk about players you want, ideas you have, trades we should make, players we should get rid of, ect. We started discussing it in the other thread, but that was supposed to be just a sign-up thread. Let's continue the discussion here.

Trade Block
None yet

Eagles 2006 Draft Picks
Round 1 - 14th overall
Round 2 - 45th overall
Round 3 - 76th overall
Round 4 - 108th overall
Round 4 - 116th overall
Round 4 - 127th overall
Round 5 - 147th overall
Round 5 - 168th overall (Compensatory pick)
Round 6 - 204th overall (Compensatory pick)
Round 7 - 220th overall

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook

Last edited by Phreak on Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
TOwho?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, to start off I have a few things I want to put out there. I think if Bunkley and/or Ngata are there at 10 we should consider it really hard to move up and get the Cards pick. Also if Rocky Mcntosh is there in rd. 3 I think we must take him, I'm a huge fan of him. Another guy that I really lke is Greg Lee of Pitt, his sophmore year he had a big year and last year under Wanny's run happy O, didn't have as good a year but I think he could be a huge steal in rd 5 possibly. Those are 3 moves I believe we should try hard to do.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about posting in the other thread. If nobody minds I'll just copy/paste most of my other post here since that's pretty much all I have to say now:
Links
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/8358748 Draft Pick Trade Chart
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/ Eagles Roster
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/depthchart.jsp Ealges Depth Chart
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/ NFL Draft Countdown (great draft website)
http://www.nfl.com/draft/drafttracker/round/round1 Complete Draft Order (1-7 with comp picks)

Here's my list of draft priorities (just my opinion, still up for discussion):
1: DT
2: G
3: SLB
4: FS
5: MLB
6: C
7: WR
8: OT
9: CB
10:FB

Some Ideas: Like many of us in this forum, I love both Haloti Ngata and Brodrick Bunkley in the first round, but with St. Louis, Cleveland, and Baltimore all interested in a DT it is unlikely at best that one of them will fall to #14. I also think that after Hawk is off the board, the next 4 or 5 SLBs in this draft are all comparable in talent, meaning picking Greenway and Sims at #14 is not the most efficient use of that pick. As a result, I would be interested in two scenarios:
We trade our first (#14) and third (#76) [1300 points] for Arizona's first (#10) [1300 points].

We trade down to the late first round and try to pick up an extra 2nd rounder. This way we could still get a good SLB, get a G (Joseph/Spencer), and still pick up a good DT like Claude Wroten or John McCargo.

What does everyone else think?
Iggles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top Defensive Priorities:

1. DT
2. SLB
3. FS
4. WLB

Positional Prospects:
DT
First Round Choices
Haloti Ngata
Broderick Bunkley
Second Round Choices
Claude Wroten
Gabe Watson
Third Round Choices
John McCargo
Rodrique Wright

More to come..
m2karateman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Detroit Lions would be interested in trading down their ninth pick, dependent on whether certain players are off the board or not. We realize that the Eagles would like to move up if Ngata is there, or perhaps if Bunkley is available, depending on your preference.

Please PM "Harrington is da man" or stop by our war room if you have interest. I expect to do the deal we would want your third and fifth rounders in return, as well as #14 of course. Depending on which value chart you look at, that comes out to about dead even points wise.

Detroit #9-1350

Philly #14-1100, #76-215, #146-35 = 1350
Phreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m2karateman wrote:
The Detroit Lions would be interested in trading down their ninth pick, dependent on whether certain players are off the board or not. We realize that the Eagles would like to move up if Ngata is there, or perhaps if Bunkley is available, depending on your preference.

Please PM "Harrington is da man" or stop by our war room if you have interest. I expect to do the deal we would want your third and fifth rounders in return, as well as #14 of course. Depending on which value chart you look at, that comes out to about dead even points wise.

Detroit #9-1350

This could be exactly what we are looking for... Think

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
eagles91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

Detroit #9-1350

I know im not really involved in this but, if the price is right... DO IT

This could be exactly what we are looking for... Think
TOwho?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m2karateman wrote:

Detroit #9-1350

I was thinking that possibly instead of giving up our 5th and 3rd, we give em a 4th and a player like, Simonaeu, Dexter Wynn, or someother defensive guy. Not sure what the lions would think of it but I personally would like to keep our 3rd since this seems to be a really deep draft.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there is an way that they Lions would take our trash like Simineau or Wynn. The Lions are not retarded, and we have to give something to get something to get soemthing.
Iggles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade. Moving up to 9 is necessary to address our needs. Let's wait and see, though.
kphealey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think that trade can be huge for us in getting Bunkley or Ngata, but we need to make sure that we hold off until the time is right. We can't make the trade immediately, and let Cleveland or somebody leapfrog us and get our guy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills Asst. GM here
Buffalo gets #14, #45 and #116 = 1612 pts.
Philly gets #8 and #73 =1625 pts.
ok go26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically so far we're looking at either 1st for 1st, 3rd, 5th or 1st, 2nd, 4th for 1st, 3rd...

As of right now I like the Lions one a little better because this draft seems full enough with 1st-round quality talent that there should be good enough players left to make it worth keeping our second over an extra third, though the concern there would be if the Bills ended up with the player we wanted (Ngata would be my personal favorite pick for us to make). Although if you guys thought that the value of second and third round players would be about the same then the Bills offer seems the better one.

Also -- we can make other trades and stuff in this, right? Like not just the draft... so we can talk with the Pack about Javon Walker and all, right?...

EDIT: nvm, apparently Javon Walker's a Pittsburgh Steeler... but yeah that answers my question too.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."

Last edited by ok go26 on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
MetalHerzeleid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cardinals are very interested in moving back to the 14.
MetalHerzeleid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my offer.

Eagles Recieve:
#10 (Value 1300)
Value: 1300

Cardinals Recieve:
#14 (Value 1100)
#72 (Value 230)
Value: 1330

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: