Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks 53 Prediction Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Seahawks 53 Prediction Thread Reply with quote

Just as the title says, who do you think the final 53 will be?

Offense (25)

QB: RWilson / TJackson? / TBoykin (3)

RB: TRawls / CMichael / CProsise / ZBrooks (4)

WR: DBaldwin / TLockett / JKearse / PRichardson / KSmith / TMcEvoy (6)

TE: JGraham / LWillson / NVannett (3)

OT: GGilliam / BSowell / JWebb (3)

OG: MGlowinski / GIfedi / ROdhiambo / JEvans (4)

OC: JBritt / PLewis (2)

Defense (25)

DE: CAvril / MBennett / FClark / CMarsh (4)

DT: JReed / ARubin / TMcDaniel / JHill / QJefferson / BBryant (6)

LB: BWagner / KWright / MMorgan / KPierre-Louis / BCoyle (5)

CB: RSherman / DShead / JLane / TSimon / TSmith (5)

S: EThomas / KChancellor / KMcCray / BBrowner / TPowell (5)

Special Teams (3)

K: SHauschka (1)

P: Jon Ryan (1)

LS: NFrese (1)

Practice Squad (10)

RB Alex Collins
WR Kasen Williams
WR Kenny Lawler
OT George Fant
OT Terry Poole
OG Kristjan Sokoli
OC Joey Hunt
DE Ryan Robinson
LB Eric Pinkins
CB DeAndre Elliott

Last Guys In

RB ZBrooks
WR KSmith
WR TMcEvoy
OT TPoole PS
OG JEvans
DT BBryant
S TPowell

Just Missed

RB ACollins
RB TPope
WR KWilliams
WR KLawler
OC JHunt
DT SSiliga
CB MBurley

Notes

- You'll notice I didn't include a FB. I think (hope) that the team uses Brandin Bryant part-time in this role, which is one of the reasons he was one of the last guys to make the team.

- The OL group was predictably difficult to choose from. I think Sowell and Gilliam are locked into a roster spot at OT, so my decision for the swing spot was between Webb and Poole. I went with Webb because he already made his guaranteed money, he can also play guard, and Poole still has PS eligibility to take advantage of. I think they'll keep Jahri Evans for veteran mentorship and reliable depth, with the 3 guys ahead of him as locks. Between Patrick Lewis and Joey Hunt, I'll predict they go with Lewis as a sure-fire plug-and-play backup to Britt, with Hunt redshirting on the PS this year.

- With Christine looking so good, I think it makes Alex Collins that much more expendable as Rawls insurance. He quite simply hasn't looked like an NFL caliber back, and I think Prosise and Brooks offer a similar unique skill set that this team covets. Stash Collins on the PS to see if he can grow. Unfortunately Pope has looked good and will be a fan favorite, but probably doesn't have the potential to be worthy of a PS spot. I hope he sticks somewhere else.

- I ended up going with 6 WRs, with the final two spots somewhat surprisingly not consisting of Lawler or Williams. I just think Lawler is another guy who needs a redshirt year to get bigger, whereas McEvoy is clearly already there and brings a unique element to the table. We haven't see Kasen do anything, so it's hard to assess his spot on the roster. I think Kevin Smith sneaks in due to his special teams ability.

- As you'll notice, I'm predicting we still add a veteran QB to backup Russ, but we won't want to lose Boykin on the PS. The longer we wait, the more I think Tarvaris Jackson is brought back.

- Tyvis Powell sneaks in as a guy who could potentially be the direct backup to Earl. The DB group is very interesting since Shead and Browner can lineup at both CB and S. Tye Smith is a name we haven't heard from, but I think the staff likes him slightly more than Burley. I also think DeAndre Elliott is an interesting name to develop on the PS.

- The DL group is also interesting with it's versatility. You have a guy like Marsh who can play DE or LB. You have guys like Frank Clark, Michael Bennett, and Quinton Jefferson who can play inside and out. That makes it easier to only keep 5 LBs. Sealver Siliga is a name to keep an eye on, but I think the addition of Tony McDaniel keeps him on the outside looking in.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to look at it fully or make my own right now, but I think Poole sneaks on to the roster. He'll either force us to cut Webb, Evans, or carry less at another position

I think Fant looks bad enough in pass pro they can stash him on the PS for a year. If they get nervous they won't be able to, then I think Webb is definitely gone and we keep Poole and Fant

I also doubt Brooks makes the team. Obviously hard to judge after two weeks and limited reps, but it will be interesting to see how the USC kid (#41) looks at RB more. He has higher special teams upside

Lastly, I think KPL is in serious danger of Pinkins taking his spot

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
I don't have time to look at it fully or make my own right now, but I think Poole sneaks on to the roster. He'll either force us to cut Webb, Evans, or carry less at another position

I also doubt Brooks makes the team. Obviously hard to judge after two weeks and limited reps, but it will be interesting to see how the USC kid (#41) looks at RB more. He has higher special teams upside

Lastly, I think KPL is in serious danger of Pinkins taking his spot

Yea, if they're already tired of Webb, Poole is the next guy up.

Like you said, limited reps, but Brooks showed some nice pop with the ball in his hands and I think he's the best insurance policy for Prosise.

Agreed about KPL. Only reason I put him there is because he isn't PS eligible and Pinkins could still use some seasoning.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks 53 Prediction Thread Reply with quote

Offense (24)

QB: RWilson / TBoykin (2)

RB: TRawls / CMichael / CProsise / ACollins (4)

WR: DBaldwin / TLockett / JKearse / PRichardson / KWilliams / TMcEvoy (6)

TE: JGraham / LWillson / NVannett (3)

OT: GGilliam / BSowell / Poole / Fant (4)

OG: MGlowinski / GIfedi / ROdhiambo (3)

OC: JBritt / JHunt (2)

Defense (26)

EDGE: CAvril / FClark / CMarsh / RRobinson (4)

5T: MBennett / QJefferson (2)

DT: JReed / ARubin / TMcDaniel / JHill / BBryant (5)

CB: RSherman / DShead / JLane / TSimon / TSmith (5)

S: EThomas / KChancellor / KMcCray / BBrowner / TPowell (5)

Special Teams (3)

Practice Squad (10)
Fant could easily be on this and I think should be
QB Jake Heaps
RB Zac Scott
WR Kevin Smith
WR Kenny Lawler
WR Deshon Foxx
OG Kristjan Sokoli
DT Justin Hamilton
LB Eric Pinkins
CB DeAndre Elliott
ATH George Farmer

Notes

- Robinson, Pinkins, and KPL are battling for two spots in the front 7 imo. I think Pinkins is at a slight disadvantage given how much SAM he's been playing and we'll keep both Morgan and Pinkins. However, if he looks good on special teams and at WILL he'll make the roster.

- If Webb doesn't play this next game or looks like crap I think he's gone. Poole could go to PS, but I don't think he'd necessarily make it. He's looked good run blocking. Fant vs Evans was a toss up. Poole could play guard so we'd still have two backups at guard this way. That depends a lot on how Fant looks. I would personally try to PS Fant as he is still REALLY raw in the pass game, but I could see Seattle trying to hold onto him.

-At center, I believe if they see Hunt and Lewis as close to equal they'll take the 4 year cheap contract with Hunt over Lewis at 1 year.

-I agree with SoS that Collins is expendable, I just have a hunch that they think he can still be pretty good. Personally, I'd take Pope right now. He made a mistake on KOR last week, but he's looked good at times as a returner and hits the hole at full speed. Granted, there's been some giant holes, but he's done the best he can.

-I'm shocked by how little Burley is seeing the field. If he was seeing it more with the 2nd group, I'd replace Brandin Bryant with Burley

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been the biggest Collins fan, but he's getting harsh judgement based on a few looks.

Zac Brooks has done nothing to make the team either.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Never been the biggest Collins fan, but he's getting harsh judgement based on a few looks.

Zac Brooks has done nothing to make the team either.

I think Brooks has about 4 touches, so you're right that it's a limited sample size, but I've easily seen more pop from him. I also think he gives you more value on special teams with his speed. Whereas Michael can act as insurance to Rawls, Brooks can act as insurance to Prosise, who has yet to prove his health.
redforman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the OP mainly but i think Lawler will make it over McEvoy
imani

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should PS McEvoy, have him convert to TE over theseason, add weight next offseason and attempt to groom him as the next #2 in seattle. Don't mind letting Willson walk for the money after this season

imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen people compare Collins to Turbin.....Turbin NEVER did this in Seattle

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/6PKFrp8K2bTq-A7ATJOY11an9Q0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6979177/Collins.gif

(Not sure why this website hates this link so much)

imani

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McEvoy has been on return team both ways, should be no reason he doesn't make the cut.

Expect a big game 4 for him. He's the next tall WR project for this team and like I said I hope we move him to tight end and groom him as an eventual Graham replacement project.

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks 53 Prediction Thread Reply with quote

Final Prediction:

Guys that I think are "locked in"

Offense (19)

QB: RWilson / TBoykin (2)

RB: TRawls / CMichael / CProsise (3)

WR: DBaldwin / TLockett / JKearse / PRichardson (4)

TE: JGraham / LWillson / BWilliams (NVannett if he's not on PUP. He'll replace Williams when healthy) (3)

Guys vying for spots: Kasen Williams, Kevin Smith, Goodley, McEvoy, Collins, Pope, Tupou, Tufuaku (vying for 3 spots)

OT: GGilliam / BSowell (2)

OG: MGlowinski / GIfedi / ROdhiambo (3)

OC: JBritt / JHunt (2)

Guys vying for spots: Fant, Poole, Webb, Evans (vying for 2 spots)

Defense (20)

EDGE: CAvril / FClark / CMarsh (3)

5T: MBennett / QJefferson (2)

DT: JReed / ARubin / TMcDaniel (3)

Guys vying for spots: Robinson, Hill, Bryant

CB: RSherman / DShead / JLane (3)

S: EThomas / KChancellor / KMcCray / TPowell (4)

Guys vying for roster spot: Longa, Pinkins, Simon, TSmith, Elliott

Special Teams (3)

Practice Squad (10)
Fant could easily be on this and I think should be
QB Jake Heaps
RB Zac Scott
WR Kevin Smith
WR Kenny Lawler
WR Deshon Foxx
OG Kristjan Sokoli
DT Justin Hamilton
LB Eric Pinkins
CB DeAndre Elliott
ATH George Farmer

Notes

- Robinson, Pinkins, and KPL are battling for two spots in the front 7 imo. I think Pinkins is at a slight disadvantage given how much SAM he's been playing and we'll keep both Morgan and Pinkins. However, if he looks good on special teams and at WILL he'll make the roster.

- If Webb doesn't play this next game or looks like crap I think he's gone. Poole could go to PS, but I don't think he'd necessarily make it. He's looked good run blocking. Fant vs Evans was a toss up. Poole could play guard so we'd still have two backups at guard this way. That depends a lot on how Fant looks. I would personally try to PS Fant as he is still REALLY raw in the pass game, but I could see Seattle trying to hold onto him.

-At center, I believe if they see Hunt and Lewis as close to equal they'll take the 4 year cheap contract with Hunt over Lewis at 1 year.

-I agree with SoS that Collins is expendable, I just have a hunch that they think he can still be pretty good. Personally, I'd take Pope right now. He made a mistake on KOR last week, but he's looked good at times as a returner and hits the hole at full speed. Granted, there's been some giant holes, but he's done the best he can.

-I'm shocked by how little Burley is seeing the field. If he was seeing it more with the 2nd group, I'd replace Brandin Bryant with Burley[/quote]

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Seahawks 53 Prediction Thread Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Guys vying for spots: Kasen Williams, Kevin Smith, Goodley, McEvoy, Collins, Pope, Tupou, Tufuaku (vying for 3 spots)

Guys vying for spots: Fant, Poole, Webb, Evans (vying for 2 spots)

Guys vying for spots: Robinson, Hill, Bryant

Guys vying for roster spot: Longa, Pinkins, Simon, TSmith, Elliott

Assuming your numbers are right, the bold are the guys I think we end up keeping.

I think Kevin Smith is the 5th best receiver, but his skill set is pretty redundant and McEvoy has shown to be the best of the "big" receivers this offseason. I think Collins is probably a 50/50 bet to make the team, but I'll lean toward not making it. He does nothing particularly great and his skill set is also redundant considering what we have ahead of him. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think Smith is PS-eligible, is he?

Sounds like they don't want to potentially lose Fant and I think Webb narrowly makes it over Evans because he can backup both RT and RG and we've already paid him.

No one really sticks out from the DL group, so it's almost Jordan Hill by default if he's healthy (Pete mentioned something about his hamstring, something to keep an eye on). I want Brandin Bryant to make it, but I liked his odds a lot more before we signed Tukuafu as a guy who could play FB if needed.

At CB, I've already noted how I believe Simon and Tye add important elements to this secondary. Elliott is a really nice developmental piece.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on Pope, McEvoy, Simon, and Smith. The only question with McEvoy is if he's healthy, which it sounds like he should be fine? I think Goodley makes a compelling case to be on the team as well. We could potentially carry one more WR and one less Defensive player

OL is tough. I'd prefer to keep Poole over Webb. I think they are similar players and Poole is younger and showed up in great shape where as Webb showed up overweight. It will be hard for Evans to make the team. Webb and Poole can both play guard but Evans can't play tackle and Odhiambo is already on the team as the backup tackle. I predict Poole

At FB I wonder if Tupou has a chance at all. I haven't got to watch him much

I have 5 spots blocked out for defense that I forgot to list. So Simon, Smith, Hill, Robinson, and Longa are my picks. If we carry one more WR or OL, drop Longa or Robinson off

EDIT
forgot about Burley. They still haven't played him much, but if we keep 6 CBs he's definitely the best backup NCB we have imo

#1 ET Supporter
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense (25)

QB: Wilson / Boykin (2)

RB: Rawls / Michael / Prosise / Pope (4)

FB: Tukuafu (1)

WR: Baldwin / Lockett / Kearse / Richardson / Mcevoy / Lawler (6)

TE: Graham / Willson / Williams till Vannett or Graham returns. (3)

OT: Gilliam / Sowell / Fant (3)

OG: Glowinski / Ifedi / Odhiambo / Webb (4)

OC: Britt / Hunt (2)

Defense (25)

EDGE: Avril / Marsh / Robinson (3)

5T: Bennett / Clark (2)

DT: Reed / Rubin / McDaniel / Jefferson / Hill (5)

LB: Wagner / Wright / Morgan / Coyle / Palacio or Longa (5)

CB: Sherman / Shead / Lane / Burley / Smith (5)

S: Thomas / Chancellor / McCray / Powell / Lambert (5)

Special Teams (3)

K: Hauschka (1)

P: Ryan (1)

LS: Ott (1)
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offense (25)

QB: Wilson / Boykin (2)

RB: Rawls / Michael / Prosise / Pope (4)

FB: Tukuafu (1)

WR: Baldwin / Lockett / Kearse / Richardson / McEvoy / Smith (6)

TE: Graham / Willson / Williams (Vannett replaces after week 6) (3)

OT: Gilliam / Sowell / Fant / Poole (4)

OG: Glowinski / Ifedi / Odhiambo (3)

OC: Britt / Hunt (2)

Defense (25)

EDGE: Avril / Clark / Marsh / Robinson (4)

5T: Bennett / Jefferson (2)

DT: Reed / Rubin / McDaniel / Hill (4)

LB: Wagner / Wright / Morgan / Coyle / KPL (5)

CB: Sherman / Shead / Lane / Simon / Burley / Smith (6)

S: Thomas / Chancellor / McCray / Powell (4)

Special Teams (3)

Is my final prediciton. Longa has a shot at making it over Robinson/KPL imo. Webb could be kept over Poole. Kasen, Lawler, or Goodley could be kept over Smith. Goodley is my vote if it isn't Smith

#1 ET Supporter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: