You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016/2017 Champions League - Play-off round starts today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Nice dive by Ramos to draw that foul... and send off. Rolling Eyes

Absolutely screwed Cuadrado and Juve there

Yup. Cuadardo went to approach him and suddenly Ramos went from "OH NO I TORE UP MY ANKLE" to "I'm fine I'm fine!"

Rolling Eyes
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
Nice dive by Ramos to draw that foul... and send off. Rolling Eyes

Absolutely screwed Cuadrado and Juve there

Yup. Cuadardo went to approach him and suddenly Ramos went from "OH NO I TORE UP MY ANKLE" to "I'm fine I'm fine!"

Rolling Eyes

From being nudged to it making it look like Suh had stomped on his Achilles to jogging off and pointing the player off the pitch.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
The Hitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Fact that Ramos resorts to that crap even when they're already winning is just pathetic.

So bummed for Buffon.

Dude has won a world cup. I'm sure he will be all right

None of us are on the team or had anything to do with the games. If you want to brag about accomplishments that other people accomplished and you had nothing to do with be my guest
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hitch wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Fact that Ramos resorts to that crap even when they're already winning is just pathetic.

So bummed for Buffon.

Come on. He's played for Juve for like forever and the trophy has always alluded him. Each year it has escaped him, I don't think the WC makes up for that. It's every 4 years and there isn't the daily grind and commitment for that.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
The Hitch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
The Hitch wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

So bummed for Buffon.

Come on. He's played for Juve for like forever and the trophy has always alluded him. Each year it has escaped him, I don't think the WC makes up for that. It's every 4 years and there isn't the daily grind and commitment for that.

I would like for the Champions league to be more valuable. Its more entertaining and a better representation of whos best, rather than who was lucky to be born in the right country at the time they have a squad to compete.

But it isnt.

Its difficult to explain how hyped the world cup is in European countries. Sport isnt seen as a distraction from life but rather life is just a 3 year distraction between world cups. World cup performances are part of history curriculums at schools. In Spain the 2010 win is viewed as the most significant historical event of this millenium. When a major European country fails to make the competition there is danger of economic crisis. In some religious countries every house and building has a picture of the pope or of Mary. In some European countries every house and building has a picture of the starting 11 that won the most recent world cup.

1 world cup >>>>> 10 champions leagues

None of us are on the team or had anything to do with the games. If you want to brag about accomplishments that other people accomplished and you had nothing to do with be my guest
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
The Hitch wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

So bummed for Buffon.

Nah, the World Cup is definitely the bigger competition.

You're saying it escaped him like Juve were regular favourites to win the competition. In Buffon's time at Juve they were never the dominant team of a particular era and in the three finals he played in, Juve were never heavily favoured, so it's not like they've blown any easy opportunities to win it.

Id be shocked if he'd swap his World Cup winners medal for a CL winners medal.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
The Hitch wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

So bummed for Buffon.

You're saying it escaped him like Juve were regular favourites to win the competition. In Buffon's time at Juve they were never the dominant team of a particular era and in the three finals he played in, Juve were never heavily favoured, so it's not like they've blown any easy opportunities to win it.

I'm not saying that the World Cup isn't bigger because of course globally it is. My point is that even though the WC is bigger its not gonna diminish his hurt for not winning the CL. That's my point.

He's been to how many Finals and has lost all of them that's a bit depressing. I just think the notion of "he's got a WC, he'll be fine" to be silly

Be Humble. Sit Down.
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
texans_uk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
The Hitch wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

So bummed for Buffon.

I'm not saying that the World Cup isn't bigger because of course globally it is. My point is that even though the WC is bigger its not gonna diminish his hurt for not winning the CL. That's my point.

He's been to how many Finals and has lost all of them that's a bit depressing. I just think the notion of "he's got a WC, he'll be fine" to be silly

You're right. Missing out on the CL will be hurting him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28
Page 28 of 28

Jump to: