Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/856567329458724864

Jabrill Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the combine and will enter the NFL drugs programme.

The slide continues...
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/856567329458724864

Jabrill Peppers tested positive for a dilute sample at the combine and will enter the NFL drugs programme.

The slide continues...

round 2 ? Laughing
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-bring-back-special-teams-ace-josh-robinson-on-2-year-deal/2316270

I had forgotten about this, but I think it may give a glimpse into the draft plan of Licht. He signed 3 safeties in free agency and zero CBs. Granted, I don't think this is an absolute that he won't draft a safety, but his current depth chart at CB: 1st rounder, 4th rounder, 34 year old starter, and 2 UDFAs.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-bring-back-special-teams-ace-josh-robinson-on-2-year-deal/2316270

I had forgotten about this, but I think it may give a glimpse into the draft plan of Licht. He signed 3 safeties in free agency and zero CBs. Granted, I don't think this is an absolute that he won't draft a safety, but his current depth chart at CB: 1st rounder, 4th rounder, 34 year old starter, and 2 UDFAs.

We moved Ryan Smith back to CB and are apparently really high on him. But I don't think that rules out taking a CB.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
I just don't get the need to draft a pass rusher at #19, whoever it is. It makes no sense to me. 3rd round or later? Fine, but we've got so many more offensive needs/secondary needs to take a pass rusher that early, especially a meh one.

I mean if Barnett is there at 19 then sure, but I agree. If we get Njoku at 19 and then Peppers takes a slide and is there in the 2nd and we grab him then we are off to a heck of a start in the draft.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

We moved Ryan Smith back to CB and are apparently really high on him. But I don't think that rules out taking a CB.

Another issue with the CB depth chart is JAB is one strike away from at least a 10 game suspension. Licht seems to like to draft in the deep end of the pool when it comes to prospects in the first round or two. I believe 5-6 CBs have 1st round grades, so what I have read suggests its one of the deeper positions in this draft.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that we've gone from "Njoku is gonna be the pick. It's a no-brainer." To "Christian McCaffrey is the guy." To "It's gotta be Dalvin Cook." To "Maybe it'll be Adoree' Jackson."

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I like that we've gone from "Njoku is gonna be the pick. It's a no-brainer." To "Christian McCaffrey is the guy." To "It's gotta be Dalvin Cook." To "Maybe it'll be Adoree' Jackson."

Lol. Shows it's going to be an exciting draft.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go corner, Adoree' is my first choice, but I really do like Awuzie. Not sure I'd take him at #19, but if we were able to move down a bit, I'd have no real problem with taking him. He seems to be the type of corner we like.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A medical report on Washington CB Sidney Jones (Achilles) sent to all 32 teams on Monday lays out a 4-6 month recovery timeline.
Jones ruptured his Achilles at his pro day workout in March. This timeline suggests he'll be healthy sometime between mid-July and mid-September. That obviously puts the beginning of his rookie season in doubt and fogs up his NFL Draft

I would gladly pull the trigger on him in the 2nd round. He's going to be a steal..

Legit top 10 talent...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep seeing mocks with us going Oline in the first. I just don't see it and it would be a disappointment in a draft so stacked with talent at other positions of need.

Even the mock drafts from the contributors on buccaneers.com don't arrive at a consensus for position, let alone player. No one knows what we're going to do Laughing

I think we're in a solid draft position when it comes to oline. There are at least two teams picking after us who need to add talent there. If some of the few good oline prospects in the draft last until 19, I can see the likes of Seattle looking to trade with us in order to jump Denver.

Seattle has the picks to trade (5 picks in the first 3 rounds), so we could pick up an extra 3rd for our troubles if it pans out that way.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/04/espn-buccaneers-multiple-discussions-trading/#more-177294

Interesting...

Also, do we have a specific draft thread, or are we just going to continue using this thread?
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/04/espn-buccaneers-multiple-discussions-trading/#more-177294

Interesting...

Depending on who was still available at #19, I'd be all for moving back. It's a deep draft with a lot of 1st round talent that will spill into the 2nd round...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
I keep seeing mocks with us going Oline in the first. I just don't see it and it would be a disappointment in a draft so stacked with talent at other positions of need.

Even the mock drafts from the contributors on buccaneers.com don't arrive at a consensus for position, let alone player. No one knows what we're going to do Laughing

I think we're in a solid draft position when it comes to oline. There are at least two teams picking after us who need to add talent there. If some of the few good oline prospects in the draft last until 19, I can see the likes of Seattle looking to trade with us in order to jump Denver.

Seattle has the picks to trade (5 picks in the first 3 rounds), so we could pick up an extra 3rd for our troubles if it pans out that way.

Ive said it before, trading down would be ideal for us (unless a blue chip guy drops)
if we traded down with seattle or KC the main guys we'd want to target would still be there anyway (Davis, Njoku, Adoree, melinfonwu, baker, maybe even cook)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53
Page 53 of 53

Jump to: