Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just say no to Ingram. He's a tweener, he doesnt have the spatial awareness to play on the outside. How many Jordan Reed's are out there?

He cant block a lick, no thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I'm not sure why this prospect isn't firmly a first rounder. Here's my comparison of measureables.

Mike Evans - Texas A & M

6'5'
Arm Length - 35 1/8
40 time - 4.53
Vertical - 37'
3 cone -7.08
20 yd shuttle - 4.26

Evan Engram -Ole Miss

6'3'
Arm Length -33 1/2
40 time -4.42
Vertical - 36'
3 cone- 6.92
20 yd shuttle - 4.23

In a league increasingly erasing position boundaries, I have no clue why Engram just isn't listed as an offensive weapon and a very dynamic one at that. I know Deuces asked the question, who could be a surprise pick, for me Engram is that candidate. Licht/Koetter were very comfortable going into last season with 2 big WRs on the outside. Well, we know VJax is probably not coming back, why not.

We're talking measurables. Under wear olympic times are fine and dandy but they don't measure what's on film half the time.

Derrick Barnett is getting dropped by the "media Experts" because he hasn't run the best times, yet turn on the film and you can make an argument hes a better player than Myles Garrett.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
just say no to Ingram. He's a tweener, he doesnt have the spatial awareness to play on the outside. How many Jordan Reed's are out there?

He cant block a lick, no thanks

Agreed. And I think what Tampa is looking for is a #2 TE who is more the blocking type that offers pass catching ability. People under estimate Brate's athleticism as he caught everything thrown his way over the past two years. That's very hard to find in a TE. Sure he's not Gronk or Graham when it comes to explosiveness but he's reliable and makes some tough catches over the middle.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
An NFC South scout panned Alabama S Eddie Jackson.
"He had like 10 first-rounders in front of him and lockdown corners who almost never needed help," he said. "He got to sit back and cherry-pick overthrows. That's great work if you can get it." NFL Media's Lance Zierlein isn't much higher on the cornerback-turned-safety. "Jackson's background in man coverage and his ability to return punts should create some additional value for him, but he'll be pressed into much more difficult situations in the league," Zierlein wrote. "Jackson is an average NFL backup with immediate punt return possibilities." Jackson is recovering from a broken leg. Apr 10 - 4:20 PM
Source: NFL.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/133067/eddie-jackson/1

After watching more film of Jackson, his turnovers were more of sitting back and pciking off poor throws than creating them. He's explosive with the ball in his hands in KR and PR opportunities and off TO's but at the NFL level, he's not going to have the opportunity to feed off of overthrows from sub par College QBs. That's what scouts have to evaluate in DBs on whether they created TOs or they were the recipient of bad throws.

Looks like Eddie jackson is going to be a day 3 pick.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've done my homework on this class over the past month or so extensively, I will say this: Boy am I glad we had the number one pick in 2015 to take a QB of the caliber of Winston (and even the choice of having between him and Mariota)

In evaluating the past two classes, and this years especially, lets just say it's great we tanked that game in 2014 against NO to secure the number 1 pick. This QB class is awful in 2017. Laughing
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I'm not sure why this prospect isn't firmly a first rounder. Here's my comparison of measureables.

Mike Evans - Texas A & M

6'5'
Arm Length - 35 1/8
40 time - 4.53
Vertical - 37'
3 cone -7.08
20 yd shuttle - 4.26

Evan Engram -Ole Miss

6'3'
Arm Length -33 1/2
40 time -4.42
Vertical - 36'
3 cone- 6.92
20 yd shuttle - 4.23

In a league increasingly erasing position boundaries, I have no clue why Engram just isn't listed as an offensive weapon and a very dynamic one at that. I know Deuces asked the question, who could be a surprise pick, for me Engram is that candidate. Licht/Koetter were very comfortable going into last season with 2 big WRs on the outside. Well, we know VJax is probably not coming back, why not.

We're talking measurables. Under wear olympic times are fine and dandy but they don't measure what's on film half the time.

Derrick Barnett is getting dropped by the "media Experts" because he hasn't run the best times, yet turn on the film and you can make an argument hes a better player than Myles Garrett.

Let's talk film. Isn't it interesting that Mike Evans at Texas A & M only lined up on the right side of the line of scrimmage and outside the hash exclusively. Yet in the pros, he developed to play on both sides of the line of scrimmage and in the slot.

Engram played against some serious competition in the SEC West and was very effective. Is it a stretch to assume he could play outside in the pros, which by the way Ole Miss at least moved him around the LOS unlike Evans. I think it is a fair question to ask if Evan Engram should play as a WR in the pros. I don't have the answer, I just like to ask the question to facilitate some debate.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the award for the dumbest player in the draft goes to...

Caleb Brantley

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/856232908062953472
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
And the award for the dumbest player in the draft goes to...

Caleb Brantley

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/856232908062953472

It's like the parolee that wants to go back to jail. He didn't really want to play in the NFL.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network did a live mock draft last night and DJ had our pick at 19. (Bucky Brooks is just an awful analyst btw). Njoku was BPA and he flirted with the idea of giving us Charles Harris but came to the conclusion of, "reaching for need rarely works out," so he gave us Njoku. Thoughts?

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
NFL Network did a live mock draft last night and DJ had our pick at 19. (Bucky Brooks is just an awful analyst btw). Njoku was BPA and he flirted with the idea of giving us Charles Harris but came to the conclusion of, "reaching for need rarely works out," so he gave us Njoku. Thoughts?

Charles Harris is not a reach at 19
and I would take him over Njoku yes

why? everyone still on that TE craze and what not, as much as I don't want a TE at least if we go Howard he can block and catch, Njoku is raw receiver TE

and Harris has great measurables idk why he isn't ranked higherprobably my 4 rated DE after Garrett, Thomas, Barnett
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

why? everyone still on that TE craze and what not, as much as I don't want a TE at least if we go Howard he can block and catch, Njoku is raw receiver TE

and Harris has great measurables idk why he isn't ranked higherprobably my 4 rated DE after Garrett, Thomas, Barnett

No problem with going defense in the first round. I wouldn't even be shocked to see CB in the 1st round. Our team has two undrafted free agents competing for the nickel CB spot. I believe they play nickel 60 % of the time and it is a very deep CB class with apparently a good amount with first round grades.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Licht seemed to imply we're looking at defense in the first. DE particularly.

Quote:
"I always like to add defenders, defensive linemen in particular,” Licht said. “We can always use some help in the secondary. But like I said, we do like the players that we have. We’re in position where we can take the best available player defensively, or offensively for that matter. We’ve built a strong nucleus of good, young core talent. We just need to continue to add layers."

Combine that with his previous comments about wanting to add youth to our defensive line and it makes sense.

The rumors about Atlanta wanting to move up for Jordan Willis imply his stock is much higher than we think. I think he's the DE we've spent the most time with. So Willis could conceivably be the pick at 19.

I expect groans of "he's not worth the 19th pick." But that doesn't seem to be the consensus among NFL teams.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

No problem with going defense in the first round. I wouldn't even be shocked to see CB in the 1st round. Our team has two undrafted free agents competing for the nickel CB spot. I believe they play nickel 60 % of the time and it is a very deep CB class with apparently a good amount with first round grades.

what about Adoree Jackson at pick 19?

I wouldn't know what to think about it but I wouldn't be super upset
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't get the need to draft a pass rusher at #19, whoever it is. It makes no sense to me. 3rd round or later? Fine, but we've got so many more offensive needs/secondary needs to take a pass rusher that early, especially a meh one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

what about Adoree Jackson at pick 19?

I wouldn't know what to think about it but I wouldn't be super upset

He certainly fills the measurement profile of the CBs on the roster. Apparently, we have scouted a bunch of USC games throughout the fall. I have a feeling Jackson is going to go higher then the mock drafts have suggested. I believe his versatility will get him in the 2nd half of the 1st round, IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53

Jump to: