You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
We could literally go in any direction in this draft. When was the last time we were this close to the draft with absolutely no idea who we'd pick?

Picking so low certainly helps that notion.

I think this draft is more exciting than the previous few because we know so little about who we're targeting.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
We could literally go in any direction in this draft. When was the last time we were this close to the draft with absolutely no idea who we'd pick?

Picking so low certainly helps that notion.

I think this draft is more exciting than the previous few because we know so little about who we're targeting.

Well that's a fair point. When was the last time we picked this low Laughing

The exciting thing is that we don't have a clear need that we absolutely must address with a premium pick. We can literally afford to pick BPA. It makes it even better than there's a number of quality players available at positions we should probably address.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
We look primed to take a RB with a premium pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/samaje-perine-says-the-buccaneers-have-shown-the-most-interest/

Quote:
I would have to say Tampa Bay just because they came down to Norman to work me out and they flew me out to tour their facility to talk with all the coaches. Other than them, its been pretty equal, Perine said.

I'd be good with this move. How fun would he be to watch in a Bucs jersey?

Little curve ball to the top five list. Who are a few guys that aren't on everyones radar that we could select whether it would be through a trade up, staying put or in a trade back.

DRD just named Ross as a guy and I was actually thinking about him or Mike Williams this morning. With either guy how would a def slow Winston down?

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/samaje-perine-says-the-buccaneers-have-shown-the-most-interest/

Quote:
I would have to say Tampa Bay just because they came down to Norman to work me out and they flew me out to tour their facility to talk with all the coaches. Other than them, its been pretty equal, Perine said.

He's a third or fourth rounder. Not exactly a premium pick.
Yeah definitely not a premium pick for this guy. He is still a good tail back though and brings a different style than the current trio.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Quote:

I'd be good with this move. How fun would he be to watch in a Bucs jersey?

Little curve ball to the top five list. Who are a few guys that aren't on everyones radar that we could select whether it would be through a trade up, staying put or in a trade back.

DRD just named Ross as a guy and I was actually thinking about him or Mike Williams this morning. With either guy how would a def slow Winston down?

Ross is in play at 19 I think, but it's tough to pinpoint where he'll go. A lot of mocks have him sliding into the 20s, while some have him in the 10-15 range.

I think the likes of Godwin and Jones are in play in round 2/3. Slightly bigger guys than Jackson/ Ross, but not big bodied guys like Evans/ Vjax. We seem to lack "average sized" receivers.

Dede Westbrook is a name I haven't heard mentioned recently, but perhaps for good reason. Everything I've read suggests he made a huge mess of all his interviews and he's not coming across well. That's the last thing he needed to be doing given his history. He could be a huge faller come draft day and seems to be in a similar position to Joe Mixon.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Quote:

I could easily see him going in the 2nd. Especially if there's a run on RB's, which there quite possibly could be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Peppers. We showed a little interest in him early on. But since then it's been quiet. He'd add a lot of versatility to our defense and would help speed things up since we wouldn't have to sub as much. It would help tremendously against Brees and Ryan when they switch to the hurry up.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Peppers. We showed a little interest in him early on. But since then it's been quiet. He'd add a lot of versatility to our defense and would help speed things up since we wouldn't have to sub as much. It would help tremendously against Brees and Ryan when they switch to the hurry up.

I've read somewhere there is a lot of interest in Justin Evans from Texas A & M at safety. I believe he projects to be a second rounder. The one prospect who I think Licht might trade up for if he falls is Jamal Adams. I know a lot of mocks have him going top 6, but I remember Mayock commenting he felt Adams and Hooker weren't top 10 prospects, which I thought at the time was stunning.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Quote:

I could easily see him going in the 2nd. Especially if there's a run on RB's, which there quite possibly could be.

Agreed. Premium pick is through the 3rd. With guys like Hunt bumping into the 2nd round, I don't think Perine gets out of the 3rd.

He reminds me of a stronger Michael Turner. Koetter may think so too..

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to understand PR multiple times suggesting Jordan Willis from KSU could be a 1st rounder. I understand the measureables, but I think he looks a little stiff playing the games. Maybe I'm wrong. I like Derek Rivers from YSU.

Below is another Steve White analysis, this time Malik McDowell. Pretty interesting.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/21/15352828/malik-mcdowell-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2017
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I'm trying to understand PR multiple times suggesting Jordan Willis from KSU could be a 1st rounder. I understand the measureables, but I think he looks a little stiff playing the games. Maybe I'm wrong. I like Derek Rivers from YSU.

Below is another Steve White analysis, this time Malik McDowell. Pretty interesting.

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/21/15352828/malik-mcdowell-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2017

Good article. I know we have guys who can play outside and kick inside, but if our front office agrees with this assessment and he's BPA at 19 or through a trade down, we could have a nasty DL for many years.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Good article. I know we have guys who can play outside and kick inside, but if our front office agrees with this assessment and he's BPA at 19 or through a trade down, we could have a nasty DL for many years.

I'd LOVE to trade down and get Willis. Licht said he'd ideally like to get younger on the dline and hinted that we might take someone that hasn't been a popular choice.

Spence and Willis could be a nasty tandem.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to wonder how much value Licht puts in the safety position. In 3 previous drafts, he hasn't drafted a true safety. In free agency, he really hasn't tried to spend a lot of money on the position. Granted, not sure what was worth spending on the last 3 seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see safety not addressed to day 3. Although I must write really great defenses have a leader in the secondary who usually is a safety. Is Tandy that guy? I don't know. Of course, if Jamal Adams should somehow slide, we'll disregard this post. Very Happy
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I'm starting to wonder how much value Licht puts in the safety position. In 3 previous drafts, he hasn't drafted a true safety. In free agency, he really hasn't tried to spend a lot of money on the position. Granted, not sure what was worth spending on the last 3 seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised to see safety not addressed to day 3. Although I must write really great defenses have a leader in the secondary who usually is a safety. Is Tandy that guy? I don't know. Of course, if Jamal Adams should somehow slide, we'll disregard this post. Very Happy

If we didn't only have three on the roster, I'd agree. That (to me) makes it seem like we're taking a Budda or Obi or Jones in the first or second round.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why this prospect isn't firmly a first rounder. Here's my comparison of measureables.

Mike Evans - Texas A & M

6'5'
Arm Length - 35 1/8
40 time - 4.53
Vertical - 37'
3 cone -7.08
20 yd shuttle - 4.26

Evan Engram -Ole Miss

6'3'
Arm Length -33 1/2
40 time -4.42
Vertical - 36'
3 cone- 6.92
20 yd shuttle - 4.23

In a league increasingly erasing position boundaries, I have no clue why Engram just isn't listed as an offensive weapon and a very dynamic one at that. I know Deuces asked the question, who could be a surprise pick, for me Engram is that candidate. Licht/Koetter were very comfortable going into last season with 2 big WRs on the outside. Well, we know VJax is probably not coming back, why not.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 51 of 53

Jump to: