Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
Latest report on this Mixon thing is now a redaction:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/high-school-allegation-against-joe-mixon-was-recanted/

Quote:
A story recently bubbled to the surface where Hernandez said he knew "for a fact" that Mixon "threw" his daughter to the ground when the two were in high school together. Hernandez has now changed his course. "I have recently learned that a comment I made about Joe Mixon on social media a few years ago is now receiving a lot of attention. I want to explain that comment and clarify that I do not believe Joe ever did anything to hurt my daughter," Hernandez wrote. ... I reacted emotionally. Unfortunately, I did so before I had all the facts. ... I realize that I was mistaken about Joes involvement. I definitely overreacted, and I regret that my words might have given some people the wrong impression about Joe. I know that Joe did not hurt my daughter, did not intend to, and would not do so." It sounds like it was brought to light as a potential smear campaign to add on top of the video of Mixon hitting a female while he was at Oklahoma.

I am still not going to be on board with this guy. Plenty of RB talent this draft and even if we choose not to draft one we still have decent talent with Quizzicality and Doug. Also, I think we are holding on AP until after the draft so don't rule him out just yet.

Yup, this is bonkers. I remember hearing about the father's rant a while ago. For it to come up again now under much brighter lights, only to be recanted...I don't know what to make of it, honestly.

My stance hasn't changed on him, but this is weird.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always felt there was no way the league would have a team on Hard Knocks with Mixon on it. I still feel the same way today.

I would not be shocked to see Foreman in the 2nd round.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I always felt there was no way the league would have a team on Hard Knocks with Mixon on it. I still feel the same way today.

Mack and Kamara are both guys we've shown interest in. I'd guess we take one of them.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Mack and Kamara are both guys we've shown interest in. I'd guess we take one of them.

Certainly possible. My concern with the depth chart right now, who gets the call on 3rd and short? Rodgers is the best inside runner but 175 lbs. Foreman has some bulk that's why I believe he makes sense. I do believe we'll have our answer by the end of day 2.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Certainly possible. My concern with the depth chart right now, who gets the call on 3rd and short? Rodgers is the best inside runner but 175 lbs. Foreman has some bulk that's why I believe he makes sense. I do believe we'll have our answer by the end of day 2.

I want a guy who can do it all but as far as guys on the roster today I thought Barber showed well at times last season. He has the size for that role.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve White with some really good insight on Derek Barnett. Enjoy!

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/5/15073514/derek-barnett-scouting-report-2017-nfl-draft
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Steve White with some really good insight on Derek Barnett. Enjoy!

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/5/15073514/derek-barnett-scouting-report-2017-nfl-draft
Think the Panthers will take him at 8 or McCaffery. He's really a good fit for a 4-3 defense and if you put some good players around him, he could be produce at an elite level. Barnett with McCoy and Spence on the other side, and I'm betting the house he will be a double digit sack guy.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week out from the draft, I'm thinking Licht will draft one of these 5 prospects:

Howard
McCaffrey
Harris
Barnett
Jackson

So what pool of 5 prospects do you have?
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
A week out from the draft, I'm thinking Licht will draft one of these 5 prospects:

Howard
McCaffrey
Harris
Barnett
Jackson

Howard
Cook
Barnett
Peppers
Jackson
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming we're talking about the first.

Obi Melifonwu
Adoree' Jackson
Derek Barnett
Jordan Willis
David Njoku
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

Howard
McCaffrey
Harris
Barnett
Jackson

I keep going back and forth on this. It's tough to really get an accurate gauge on our direction when we don't have one immediate need that is clearly ahead of the others. That being said, I think our top 5 wishlist are:

OJ Howard
Jabrill Peppers
John Ross
David Njoku
Derek Barnett
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We look primed to take a RB with a premium pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/samaje-perine-says-the-buccaneers-have-shown-the-most-interest/

Quote:
I would have to say Tampa Bay just because they came down to Norman to work me out and they flew me out to tour their facility to talk with all the coaches. Other than them, its been pretty equal, Perine said.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/20/samaje-perine-says-the-buccaneers-have-shown-the-most-interest/

Quote:
I would have to say Tampa Bay just because they came down to Norman to work me out and they flew me out to tour their facility to talk with all the coaches. Other than them, its been pretty equal, Perine said.

IMO, of all of the RBs in this draft I think that Perine is the best fit for us. He compliments Quizz and Sims really well.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

Quote:

He's a third or fourth rounder. Not exactly a premium pick.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Quote:

He's a third or fourth rounder. Not exactly a premium pick.

Perhaps indicative that we're not looking at RBs in the first though.

We could literally go in any direction in this draft. When was the last time we were this close to the draft with absolutely no idea who we'd pick?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 50 of 53

Jump to: