You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mariota thing was all smokescreen, Jameis was always our guy, but I do think we had legitimate interest in Manziel and if Evans was off the board, it would have been very interesting to see what we'd have done. IIRC, the Jags taking Bortles threw things for a loop as it was strongly thought they'd take Mack and Evans would go #5 to OAK.

As for this year, I also think that if one of Cook/McCaffrey are there at #19, that a RB is probably our most likely pick. If they're both gone, it depends on who's on the board. As for Mixon, I wouldn't be against him in the 2nd if we don't go RB at #19, but I want no part of taking him in the 1st.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this mock is pretty much a doomsday scenario for the 1st round.

If this actually happened, I hope we'd fine a partner to move down, but if not, we'd almost have to take Njkou or reach for a S.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Well, this mock is pretty much a doomsday scenario for the 1st round.

If this actually happened, I hope we'd fine a partner to move down, but if not, we'd almost have to take Njkou or reach for a S.

OT round one, LB round two, center round three.

It's like he has no idea who we already have on the roster. Laughing
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what will happen, but Cook apparently some off field issues also. As far as Mixon, I don't think it matters when he is drafted. Will the team that drafts him get a significant less bad PR if he isn't drafted in the 1st round ? I don't think so. I'm very curious to see who drafts him.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I have no idea what will happen, but Cook apparently some off field issues also. As far as Mixon, I don't think it matters when he is drafted. Will the team that drafts him get a significant less bad PR if he isn't drafted in the 1st round ? I don't think so. I'm very curious to see who drafts him.

I listened to the Bucs podcast with Joe Bucs fan and the commish yesterday morning. They gave an interesting insight on Mixon and how it'll have to be an ownership decision. Why? The Bucs can lose sponsors if they do not want to be associated with a franchise that drafts a guy like Mixon with a marquee pick.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I keep hearing that crap about Cook as well but I don't have the background stories. Anyway, I do think he takes drop on draft day and depending who's on the board... I think TB will pull the trigger. Koetter preached about getting more speed on the offense and well, we did just that but at one position. Cook home run ability would bring another dimension to the team haven't had since Dunn. Think Licht will get Winston his boy Dalvin Cook if he is BPA when we pick. I just don't think the Colts pass up on him. Cook on that turf Shocked

A RB will most likely be drafted just not sure which round it will be. Licht said something about we'll see if Martin "fits" when that times comes around. So it sounds like they are moving on and I expect TB to take a RB between rounds 1-4.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget about off field and fumbling concerns when it comes to Dalvin Cook for a minute. What I do not understand is how such a productive college RB can run such an average 40 (not the end all) but on top of it test so poorly in every other drill, including the ones that measure agility and explosion. Not to mention Cook also got a what, 7?, on his wunderlich test at the combine. To me that just doesn't add up and I wonder if he just won't make it in the NFL.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Forget about off field and fumbling concerns when it comes to Dalvin Cook for a minute. What I do not understand is how such a productive college RB can run such an average 40 (not the end all) but on top of it test so poorly in every other drill, including the ones that measure agility and explosion. Not to mention Cook also got a what, 7?, on his wunderlich test at the combine. To me that just doesn't add up and I wonder if he just won't make it in the NFL.

He's in the ninth percentile. Laughing Ninth!! I could probably do that.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

He's in the ninth percentile. Laughing Ninth!! I could probably do that.

Yeah. He also tested poorly in all the other athletic drills. I'm not sure if it was an injury or not.

I always think it's risky drafting a RB in round 1. You have to ask yourself if there really is a huge difference between cook or a guy like Marlon Mack or say Kareem hunt.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I keep hearing that crap about Cook as well but I don't have the background stories. Anyway, I do think he takes drop on draft day and depending who's on the board... I think TB will pull the trigger. Koetter preached about getting more speed on the offense and well, we did just that but at one position. Cook home run ability would bring another dimension to the team haven't had since Dunn. Think Licht will get Winston his boy Dalvin Cook if he is BPA when we pick. I just don't think the Colts pass up on him. Cook on that turf Shocked

A RB will most likely be drafted just not sure which round it will be. Licht said something about we'll see if Martin "fits" when that times comes around. So it sounds like they are moving on and I expect TB to take a RB between rounds 1-4.

I have little doubt they will go RB early, just not first round. At each stop during Licht s personnel career, those teams didn't draft a RB in the first round. My other pause is the depth of the position allows him to wait.

A good point about the sponsors. However, if Licht really values Mixon talent, he has past history to show the Glazers that he knows how vet prospects and make the right call. I'm assuming the Glazers are doing quite well with the investment of Winston. Sponsors will come out of everywhere with a winning football team. I still hold out hope dline is the pick in the first round because of the division with the QBs.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12147/joe-mixon

Quote:
Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon allegedly punched a female while in high school.

I've been vocal about my thoughts on Mixon if all the boxes get checked the last three years. If his college incident wasn't his first and last time I want no part of him..

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
nathan004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

I've been vocal about my thoughts on Mixon if all the boxes get checked the last three years. If his college incident wasn't his first and last time I want no part of him..

If this is accurate then there should be no question that he gets taken off our draft boards. I've said before that Licht doesn't shy away from character issue guys if he feels that it's just an immaturity issue and not a personal, character issue. This is repeating abusive behavior and would most likely mean that Mixon goes undrafted.

Funny how all these new allegations come out just before draft day though so I will wait for it to be confirmed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

If this is accurate then there should be no question that he gets taken off our draft boards. I've said before that Licht doesn't shy away from character issue guys if he feels that it's just an immaturity issue and not a personal, character issue. This is repeating abusive behavior and would most likely mean that Mixon goes undrafted.

Funny how all these new allegations come out just before draft day though so I will wait for it to be confirmed.

This has been out there for a while, it's just magnified now that the draft is right around the corner.

I have stayed out of the Mixon discussion for the most part because it's a tough subject to talk about, but I hope we don't draft him. He's clearly talented, but I don't trust him at all.
nathan004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

This has been out there for a while, it's just magnified now that the draft is right around the corner.

I have stayed out of the Mixon discussion for the most part because it's a tough subject to talk about, but I hope we don't draft him. He's clearly talented, but I don't trust him at all.

I know that the incident may have been out there but the reports on the high school incident is still an "alleged" one and fairly new to my ears.

I hate to be this kind of guy as I prefer to wait until the facts are known but with what we already know with the video, these new allegations have me completely out of the race of wanting this guy anywhere near this team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest report on this Mixon thing is now a redaction:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/high-school-allegation-against-joe-mixon-was-recanted/

Quote:
A story recently bubbled to the surface where Hernandez said he knew "for a fact" that Mixon "threw" his daughter to the ground when the two were in high school together. Hernandez has now changed his course. "I have recently learned that a comment I made about Joe Mixon on social media a few years ago is now receiving a lot of attention. I want to explain that comment and clarify that I do not believe Joe ever did anything to hurt my daughter," Hernandez wrote. ... I reacted emotionally. Unfortunately, I did so before I had all the facts. ... I realize that I was mistaken about Joe’s involvement. I definitely overreacted, and I regret that my words might have given some people the wrong impression about Joe. I know that Joe did not hurt my daughter, did not intend to, and would not do so." It sounds like it was brought to light as a potential smear campaign to add on top of the video of Mixon hitting a female while he was at Oklahoma.

I am still not going to be on board with this guy. Plenty of RB talent this draft and even if we choose not to draft one we still have decent talent with Quizzicality and Doug. Also, I think we are holding on AP until after the draft so don't rule him out just yet.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 49 of 53

Jump to: