Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I'm starting to think Peppers makes the most sense at 19, assuming he falls.
Im down
I think that would be a very good pick, thinking matchups , hed be perfect in nickel situations and covering TEs
the more I think about it the more I like it
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Im down
I think that would be a very good pick, thinking matchups , hed be perfect in nickel situations and covering TEs
Yeah, Peppers > David in coverage so I'm with it as well. That and Peppers is a good blitzer too so we can switch up who is doing what with assignments. Peppers bring much needed speed to the secondary.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R1. Jabril Peppers
R2. Jordan Willis
R3. Joe Mixon

I'm so torn. This is a real possibility. And I think everyone would be happy;

Peppers might be BPA in the first, and our biggest need.

Jacky Smith might not be back in 2018 and a 32-year-old Ayers might be a cap casualty at $6M (also in 2018). Especially with all the extensions we have coming up.

The rumors I've read said Mixon is a (late) third round pick. This would appease the Dougie detractors, because we could cut him. Then he could go to New England and be a perennial Pro Bowler. But we'd have a more complete back, who's been compared to Le'Veon Bell. His off field issues are a major concern though.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
R1. Jabril Peppers
R2. Jordan Willis
R3. Joe Mixon

Jacky Smith might not be back in 2018 and a 32-year-old Ayers might be a cap casualty at $6M (also in 2018). Especially with all the extensions we have coming up.

The rumors I've read said Mixon is a (late) third round pick. This would appease the Dougie detractors, because we could cut him. Then he could go to New England and be a perennial Pro Bowler. But we'd have a more complete back, who's been compared to Le'Veon Bell. His off field issues are a major concern though.
Honestly have not do my research on Willis but if he's as good as people think he can be, sign me up. We'll be close to fielding a dominant defense THIS year. Just need to find a CB next year to replace Grimes in the draft. I'm sold on Mixon just don't know if Licht will pull the trigger. Think Connor maybe the back to get round 4.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Im down
Yeah, Peppers > David in coverage so I'm with it as well. That and Peppers is a good blitzer too so we can switch up who is doing what with assignments. Peppers bring much needed speed to the secondary.

I echo everything already said. Watched an interview with him and sounds like a really well spoken and intelligent guy. VHIII and Peppers could be our future in the secondary.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
R1. Jabril Peppers
R2. Jordan Willis
R3. Joe Mixon

I'd be down with this.

I slowly dipped my toe in the water a few weeks back with regards to Mixon. In a few weeks I'll have us taking him in the first lol. If everything checks out I'd ok a Peppers 1st/Mixon 2nd.

Just following his career Martin also needs one more garbage season before he's all world again. That means we keep him this year in his "prove it" season. Pushes 400 yards out at a 3.5ypc clip. He's then dumped. Everyone is on board to see the door slammed shut. 2019 he tears it up for the Pats. Wink

DJ has Budda Baker 29th overall.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not against that haul and I heard Mixon really interviewed well. I just think we'd have to pull the trigger in round 2 even if he's there. I think the clock starts at 33 with Mixon come day two of the draft and I don't think he lasts to the third.

I'm still a little torn on him not going to lie. But I think I'd be ok with the pick. I just don't think licht pulls the trigger on him. Mixon is going to be someone ownership needs to sign off on and actually allow the GM to select so...
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm not against that haul and I heard Mixon really interviewed well. I just think we'd have to pull the trigger in round 2 even if he's there. I think the clock starts at 33 with Mixon come day two of the draft and I don't think he lasts to the third.

I'm still a little torn on him not going to lie. But I think I'd be ok with the pick. I just don't think licht pulls the trigger on him. Mixon is going to be someone ownership needs to sign off on and actually allow the GM to select so...

I heard mixed reviews on Mixon. I've heard that he was not owning to his mistakes and I've also heard hes blown teams away in interviews and has come across as a mature young man who takes ownership for his past so I am also torn on Mixon but the talent is definetly there. Your classic risk reward prospect.

However I've been warming up to Samaje Perine in the later rounds. Brings somthing to the team we don't have. Power. Line him up to pound away at the defense and add in a Rodgers or Sims for change of pace.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm sold on Peppers and Willis. I don't really care what we do after that. We could take KD Cannon or Chris Godwin if we wanna go WR. We could take Jake Butt or Adam Shaheen if we wanna go TE. We could take any number of RBs. We could take Kevin King, Cameron Sutton, or Brandon Langley if we wanna go CB.

There are so many guys we could take after the first two rounds and I'd be happy. But I think I'm sold on our first two picks.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
However I've been warming up to Samaje Perine in the later rounds. Brings somthing to the team we don't have. Power. Line him up to pound away at the defense and add in a Rodgers or Sims for change of pace.

I'm thinking we should be up big in plenty of games this year. I'm thinking I'd love to watch Perine mash people.

Mike Williams in the first and just bully teams all day long Laughing

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:

I'm thinking we should be up big in plenty of games this year. I'm thinking I'd love to watch Perine mash people.

Mike Williams in the first and just bully teams all day long Laughing

I like perine as well but I think I like James Connor the most. He's going to come into this league with a chip on his shoulder and will put a hurting on people.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at the depth chart at safety, I see two guys (Conte and Wilcox) who are probably better at SS, and one free safety in Tandy. I'm wondering if Budda Baker(about the same size as Tandy) is getting a little short changed. He may struggle playing against the bigger athletic TEs in the league, but he would certainly be an asset in nickel and dime coverage over most of the safeties in this draft class.

Below is a recap of UW's pro day. Apparently, the Bucs are showing interest in CB Kevin King.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/budda-baker-stars-john-ross-market-takes-shape-as-injury-clouds-washington-pro-day/
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
When I look at the depth chart at safety, I see two guys (Conte and Wilcox) who are probably better at SS, and one free safety in Tandy. I'm wondering if Budda Baker(about the same size as Tandy) is getting a little short changed. He may struggle playing against the bigger athletic TEs in the league, but he would certainly be an asset in nickel and dime coverage over most of the safeties in this draft class.

Below is a recap of UW's pro day. Apparently, the Bucs are showing interest in CB Kevin King.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/budda-baker-stars-john-ross-market-takes-shape-as-injury-clouds-washington-pro-day/

I don't think Bakers size will be an issue.

Tyrann Mathieu is 5'9" 186 lbs
Eric Weddle is 5'11" 195 lbs
Earl Thomas 5'10" 202 lbs

I'm a fan. It'd sure be nice to get our secondary to the same level of talent our DL and LB groups are at. Adding a CB and a FS this draft would be great.

ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking on Washington players what are y'alls views on Sidney Jones. Had the unfortunate injury at his pro day but was arguably the top CB in the draft. Do we pull the trigger if he's still there in the 3rd.

sits for a year rehabs and studies the playbook and comes in and competes next year.

saw this sotuation a few years back with Ifo out of Oregon. 1st round lock and got injured very late and it dropped him to the 7th round. I think Jones is a better prospect but I coyld see him falling to the 3rd or 4th
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
R1. Jabril Peppers
R2. Jordan Willis
R3. Joe Mixon

I'd be stoked about this draft
all great picks , Willis might be gone before then though

Quote:

are u wanting Baker in the 1st? or 2nd ?

not a fan in the 1st , reach IMO (not to mention id lose my bet)

but like you mentioned we already have 2 SS on the Roster and Baker to me seems more like a SS than a free

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 39 of 53

Jump to: