Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Mike Williams is going top 10 after last night. Corey Davis and John Ross might be there at 19 though.

Are people starting to be open to the idea of a Julio type trade up scenario? Does he separate himself enough from guys like Davis or Ross? I think there's a significant gap but man would that be costly to go up to what I think is the necessary spot at #5. The Titans love to trade down.

I view Williams as a step below Mike Evans coming out of college. IMO, I don't see the gap that wide to Davis and Ross to give up a 1st rounder next year plus picks this year. Pick 19 is such a good spot for a prospect to fall. I expect 3 QBs and 2 RBs gone in the first 18 picks, which is a very good scenario for the Bucs

I think that's a very likely scenario. With the draft being top heavy on the defensive side of the ball in addition it does seem likely that a Corey Davis or John Ross will be there at 19. I am really losing my confidence in a Ross pick at 19 though. Not that he won't be there but that we shouldn't take him and go somewhere else. I think his ceiling, if he's lucky, is Desean Jackson.

We are really in a good position for BPA right now so i think the pick can be projected as any number of different positions or players at this point. Since we are on the WR topic and Williams drops to 10 I consider moving up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
indifference wrote:
Mike Williams is going top 10 after last night. Corey Davis and John Ross might be there at 19 though.

Are people starting to be open to the idea of a Julio type trade up scenario? Does he separate himself enough from guys like Davis or Ross? I think there's a significant gap but man would that be costly to go up to what I think is the necessary spot at #5. The Titans love to trade down.

I view Williams as a step below Mike Evans coming out of college. IMO, I don't see the gap that wide to Davis and Ross to give up a 1st rounder next year plus picks this year. Pick 19 is such a good spot for a prospect to fall. I expect 3 QBs and 2 RBs gone in the first 18 picks, which is a very good scenario for the Bucs

I think that's a very likely scenario. With the draft being top heavy on the defensive side of the ball in addition it does seem likely that a Corey Davis or John Ross will be there at 19. I am really losing my confidence in a Ross pick at 19 though. Not that he won't be there but that we shouldn't take him and go somewhere else. I think his ceiling, if he's lucky, is Desean Jackson.

We are really in a good position for BPA right now so i think the pick can be projected as any number of different positions or players at this point. Since we are on the WR topic and Williams drops to 10 I consider moving up.
Trade into the top 5 for a #2WR? Oh god no. Listen, I am all about drafting good players but not at the expense of losing more draft picks where we need to build up the depth. Williams is a great prospect don't get me wrong but I don't see "Can't Miss" written on him. Evans was a better prospect and way more raw coming out. I understand Winston needs help but trust me he doesn't need to be surrounded by a superior supporting cast. Just get him some above average players around him and the offense will be unstoppable. Right now outside of Evans and Brate everybody else was below average talent.

My take on Ross is that with his medical history that he free falls into the draft. He's blown out his knee twice and I believe he had a head injury in his career. I think Davis at 19 will be good value but I'm not sure he makes it past the Eagles. If he is there and we take him I'll be happy, he compliments Evans better than M Will. Bucs have plenty of cap space, I pray we sign some veteran WR that can get open. Garcon would be a good choice if we can't land D-Jack.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I really got to see Scarborough play. I know he says he's going back to Bama. Will he be a better prospect the Henry? I thought he showed a little more agility then Henry. Either guy running, you can see secondary guys not showing a lot of enthusiasm to stick their face in there and tackle.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
First time I really got to see Scarborough play. I know he says he's going back to Bama. Will he be a better prospect the Henry? I thought he showed a little more agility then Henry. Either guy running, you can see secondary guys not showing a lot of enthusiasm to stick their face in there and tackle.
He's a tank to bring down man but again, that OL especially on Cam Robinson side is dominant. Robinson be flat out mauling whoever is on that side. He is ripping through arm tackles that's for sure but I'm not sure if he is as good as his #'s indicate. I think he is more fluid athlete than Henry but not by much.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued by Curtis Samuel from Ohio State. I have to believe he won't fall out of the 2nd round. I like the idea of his versatility in this offense
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I'm intrigued by Curtis Samuel from Ohio State. I have to believe he won't fall out of the 2nd round. I like the idea of his versatility in this offense
Good player but more of a slot guy and not a #2WR. Similar to Braxton Miller in what they offer but he is a faster and more agile athlete. Ideally you want Samuel in the slot and have him in a Percy Harvin role.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
Good player but more of a slot guy and not a #2WR. Similar to Braxton Miller in what they offer but he is a faster and more agile athlete. Ideally you want Samuel in the slot and have him in a Percy Harvin role.

I believe Licht gets a #2 WR in free agency. With the team being so close to the playoffs, he needs to have that position filled before the draft. It doesn't preclude them from drafting a WR early. When was the last time the Bucs had speed in the slot like Gabriel from Atlanta? Samuel offers a variety of positions that could be offer matchup advantages to the offense.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

I believe Licht gets a #2 WR in free agency. With the team being so close to the playoffs, he needs to have that position filled before the draft. It doesn't preclude them from drafting a WR early. When was the last time the Bucs had speed in the slot like Gabriel from Atlanta? Samuel offers a variety of positions that could be offer matchup advantages to the offense.
Never but sign me up. Humphries while reliable in short area routes is limited. Samuel offers another dimension to the team we should covet. He will be there in round two but I'm thinking TE would be a good spot to go. After Brate went down we realized the cupboard is beyond bare.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Never but sign me up. Humphries while reliable in short area routes is limited. Samuel offers another dimension to the team we should covet. He will be there in round two but I'm thinking TE would be a good spot to go. After Brate went down we realized the cupboard is beyond bare.

I'm good with a TE early in this draft also. I would be thrilled with Howard, Njoku, and Engram getting drafted by the Bucs. I expect another Koetter man to be signed with Toilo love, but we need more
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've looked at three mock drafts. We've taken Jamal Adams, Corey Davis, and Cam Robinson in each one. Laughing

I really do think we're in a sweet spot in the draft. There are gonna be reaches on EDGE guys and QBs and it's gonna bump some real talent down to us at what I believe are our three biggest needs: OT, WR, safety.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I've looked at three mock drafts. We've taken Jamal Adams, Corey Davis, and Cam Robinson in each one. Laughing

I really do think we're in a sweet spot in the draft. There are gonna be reaches on EDGE guys and QBs and it's gonna bump some real talent down to us at what I believe are our three biggest needs: OT, WR, safety.

I'm in agreement. But I would throw a DT and DE in there. the run defense was gashed up the middle and I can't think of a better player than Hankins to fill the nose tackle position.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I'm in agreement. But I would throw a DT and DE in there. the run defense was gashed up the middle and I can't think of a better player than Hankins to fill the nose tackle position.

Bennie Logan.

ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/134281/solomon-thomas

This isn't good news for any hope of Solomon Thomas making it to #19. That's a whole bunch of athleticism, can't wait to see what he does at the combine.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

This isn't good news for any hope of Solomon Thomas making it to #19. That's a whole bunch of athleticism, can't wait to see what he does at the combine.

Garrett, Allen, Barnett, and Thomas should all be gone before we're up. Then you'll have guys like Wormley, Charleton, McDowell, Brantley, and Harris that could be taken before us as well.

ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Garrett, Allen, Barnett, and Thomas should all be gone before we're up. Then you'll have guys like Wormley, Charleton, McDowell, Brantley, and Harris that could be taken before us as well.

I know he won't go into the first round, but I believe the organization will have a lot of interest in Kpassagnon from Villanova. He fits the profile of a Jay Hayes DE in the mold of Johnson, Dunlap, and Hunt. Licht certainly isn't shy about drafting guys from small schools pretty early.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 15 of 21

Jump to: