Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I really want to see how Howard and Njoku test. Brate has been great, but 2 TES could really help the tune game and passing game.

Njoku will be THE buzz guy come draft time....hes a monster.

Damn, just watched some youtube highlights, Njoku is a total freak. Unless he has some off the field issue, he is going to fly up draft boards, IMO.

Noticeably better each year too...if the draft plays out where all our targets guys are gone i would take him at 19 if hes on the board...but IMHO he has the chance to go top 10

i wouldnt mind taking a flier on UM WR Stacy Coley in the later rounds...im dying for the team to draft a Miami guy Cool

Coley would most likely not be a huge contributor right out the gate but has the potential to at the very least be a Terrence Williams type of WR

Vernon Davis coming out of Maryland had a meteoric rise into the top 10. There really isn't much in free agency at TE. Brate/Njoku tandem could really work well together, IMO. Limit the jumbo package of using an extra olineman and get 2 guys who can actually stress a defense going out into the secondary.
nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djw4bucs wrote:
We have got to get either John Ross, Cory Davis or JuJu Smith in the first round, all should be future studs.

Yes for both Ross and Davis. Not a fan of JuJu. Poor mans Anquon. I have never been one to want OL over skill but I really want to get this OL upgraded. It just isn't the draft to do so. Going from there I'd lean towards the next need which is fluctuating between WR, RB, DL, DB.

Looking at a 19th overall perspective only I feel that the strengths will be in this order (top DL will all be gone before TB picks)

1)RB 2)DB 3)WR 4)DL

I do believe that all NFL teams won't be influenced by the Zeke effect and go RB early this year. Especially since there is about 4 1st round worthy RB's and a few more on the cusp that teams will have the luxury of waiting until rounds 2-3 to draft one. Cook should be there at 19. Possibly even Fournette.

Another guy that is falling down the draft board rankings is Jabrill Peppers. I don't think it will stay this way but the addition of Hooker and the rise of Adams should help Bucs chances to draft either one. Tandy has won the SS job and Conte will more than likely be let go. The likelihood of either being there at 19 isn't great but is growing by the day. Let's not forget the plethora of CB's that could be there too. Wilson, Humphrey, Lattimore, Tabor, etc. Some could fall to round 2 but it's definitely an option. Grimes is 34 and aside from VH3 we have the group of potential starters. But that's it. JAB, Robinson and Elliott all have potential. Verner is probably going to be released. That's not a bad group but definitely needs to be addressed.

WR appears to be the most probable BPA out of the four positions listed. Corey Davis has my vote and will be the 2nd-3rd WR available when we pick. Question - Is anyone opposed to moving up for Mike Williams? Does anyone think he's not worthy of moving up to get? I am on the fence.

Top DL options will be limited at 19. Garrett, Allen, Barnett should all be gone. I do like Soloman Thomas, Taco Charlton and Malik McDowell but not at 19. Maybe if we moved down then yes.

With all that being said, I'd put my Big board of potential available candidates as such:

(Wildcard - Mike Williams as I don't think he's there but you never know)
Fournette
Peppers
Cook
Hooker
Davis
Ross
Wilson
Humphrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not as high on Peppers as most. I think he's gonna be a poor man's Deone Buchanan.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
I'm not as high on Peppers as most. I think he's gonna be a poor man's Deone Buchanan.

I don't think you are alone on that. I do like the versatile he brings though. His athleticism is off the charts so coaching can help in his development at the Safety position. I'd think Koetter would find ways to incorporate him on offense which is why he's still high on my list.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I don't think you are alone on that. I do like the versatile he brings though. His athleticism is off the charts so coaching can help in his development at the Safety position. I'd think Koetter would find ways to incorporate him on offense which is why he's still high on my list.

I think he's a much better LB than a safety. He's not a center fielder and his ball skills have never stood out to me. He's much, much better at or around the LOS. But he'd have to put on weight.

And his offensive plays are the definition of gimmick. All he can do is hand off in a wildcat. But he doesn't hand off, he just keeps it. Even when it isn't there. And it hasn't worked since like September.

indifference

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
nathan004 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I think he's a much better LB than a safety. He's not a center fielder and his ball skills have never stood out to me. He's much, much better at or around the LOS. But he'd have to put on weight.

And his offensive plays are the definition of gimmick. All he can do is hand off in a wildcat. But he doesn't hand off, he just keeps it. Even when it isn't there. And it hasn't worked since like September.
I see why people think Peppers is a hybrid SS/LB because he played so close to the line of scrimmage. But he also displays ability to make plays in the pass game as well. Peppers lined up against slot receivers and tight ends and he did a good job getting physical with them. He has the ball skills to cover those short passes across the middle an area where sometimes we struggle at. They didn't ask Peppers to play the deep third and roam around like you think a top safety prospect would. But that's at the coaches discretion and we'd have to project that skill set at the next level. He takes good angles in pursuit with great closing speed. He has the skill set to play FS if the coach asked him to. Peppers is a better open field tackler and more physical than Hooker. I personally like Hooker more because he has better hands but Peppers is good too and could turn out to be better if used properly. I seen Peppers drop 2-3 interceptions this season and 1 of those coulda been housed.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
djw4bucs wrote:
We have got to get either John Ross, Cory Davis or JuJu Smith in the first round, all should be future studs.

Yes for both Ross and Davis. Not a fan of JuJu. Poor mans Anquon. I have never been one to want OL over skill but I really want to get this OL upgraded. It just isn't the draft to do so. Going from there I'd lean towards the next need which is fluctuating between WR, RB, DL, DB.

Looking at a 19th overall perspective only I feel that the strengths will be in this order (top DL will all be gone before TB picks)

1)RB 2)DB 3)WR 4)DL

I do believe that all NFL teams won't be influenced by the Zeke effect and go RB early this year. Especially since there is about 4 1st round worthy RB's and a few more on the cusp that teams will have the luxury of waiting until rounds 2-3 to draft one. Cook should be there at 19. Possibly even Fournette.

Another guy that is falling down the draft board rankings is Jabrill Peppers. I don't think it will stay this way but the addition of Hooker and the rise of Adams should help Bucs chances to draft either one. Tandy has won the SS job and Conte will more than likely be let go. The likelihood of either being there at 19 isn't great but is growing by the day. Let's not forget the plethora of CB's that could be there too. Wilson, Humphrey, Lattimore, Tabor, etc. Some could fall to round 2 but it's definitely an option. Grimes is 34 and aside from VH3 we have the group of potential starters. But that's it. JAB, Robinson and Elliott all have potential. Verner is probably going to be released. That's not a bad group but definitely needs to be addressed.

WR appears to be the most probable BPA out of the four positions listed. Corey Davis has my vote and will be the 2nd-3rd WR available when we pick. Question - Is anyone opposed to moving up for Mike Williams? Does anyone think he's not worthy of moving up to get? I am on the fence.

Top DL options will be limited at 19. Garrett, Allen, Barnett should all be gone. I do like Soloman Thomas, Taco Charlton and Malik McDowell but not at 19. Maybe if we moved down then yes.

With all that being said, I'd put my Big board of potential available candidates as such:

(Wildcard - Mike Williams as I don't think he's there but you never know)
Fournette
Peppers
Cook
Hooker
Davis
Ross
Wilson
Humphrey
Highly doubt Mike Williams falls to 19 unless he gets in serious trouble. He is a top 5 pick and I got the Titans taking him at 5 in April. I don't think we should move up at all for anybody in this draft class. I rather us move back and acquire more picks and improve the depth if any trade. I really like that Solomon Thomas kid though, his tape makes him look like a future hall of famer. He is living in peoples backfields it seems like this past season. Can move inside and pass rush and bring the rush from the outside. If he tests well I think he would be a good pick. Charlton and McDowell I'm still meh about.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17722526/washington-huskies-receiver-john-ross-road-back-injury

I'm still concerned about John Ross's medical. However, I enjoyed reading this article and Ross seems to be the rare athlete who can come back from major injury and still keep his speed. Joey Galloway tore his ACL twice and was still very fast throughout his career. Ross certainly seems to love football and is a pretty tough guy after reading this article.
BucBall_76

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your score is: 9862 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 25 (SEA): Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee (A)
Round 2 Pick 19: David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 2 Pick 23 (G.B.): Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A)
Round 3 Pick 19: Curtis Samuel, WR, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (SEA): Wayne Gallman, RB, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 19: Nico Siragusa, OG, San Diego State (A)
Round 5 Pick 19: Stacy Coley, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 6 Pick 19: Corn Elder, CB, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 7 Pick 19: Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma (B+)

Pipe dream but sign me up!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I want Mike Williams.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Okay, I want Mike Williams.

Mike Williams 2.0 and Mike Evans would be an unstoppable duo for Jameis.

indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams is going top 10 after last night. Corey Davis and John Ross might be there at 19 though.
nathan004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Mike Williams is going top 10 after last night. Corey Davis and John Ross might be there at 19 though.

Are people starting to be open to the idea of a Julio type trade up scenario? Does he separate himself enough from guys like Davis or Ross? I think there's a significant gap but man would that be costly to go up to what I think is the necessary spot at #5. The Titans love to trade down.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Mike Williams but I think Corey Davis has the better NFL career. The main team in the teens I'm concerned about nabbing him is the Eagles. Maybe if we do a mini trade up I think Davis would be the target, unless for some reason Williams slips, but that's highly unlikely.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
indifference wrote:

Are people starting to be open to the idea of a Julio type trade up scenario? Does he separate himself enough from guys like Davis or Ross? I think there's a significant gap but man would that be costly to go up to what I think is the necessary spot at #5. The Titans love to trade down.

I view Williams as a step below Mike Evans coming out of college. IMO, I don't see the gap that wide to Davis and Ross to give up a 1st rounder next year plus picks this year. Pick 19 is such a good spot for a prospect to fall. I expect 3 QBs and 2 RBs gone in the first 18 picks, which is a very good scenario for the Bucs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 14 of 42

Jump to: