FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 4462
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I have read suggests this draft is deep at CB, which can only help the Bucs in the first round with other talent potentially dropping. The head coach is from the offensive side. Pretty confident he wants more weapons.

There are some good young defensive options in free agency at spots the Bucs need. I see Licht spending more money in free agency on the defensive side of the ball. I'm. ready to see McDonald be the back up,3 technique. Resign Siliga and get another big body NT and move on from Akeem Spence. And yes I do think Gholston will be resigned because he can play both inside and outside. Bargin bin shopping on the offensive side mainly because I feel the cost of a Jeffery for example won't match up with his production.
_________________
Be bold.....Don't be afraid!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38491
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're moving Ryan Smith back to CB full time. Koetter seems pretty high on him. And with Grimes, VHIII, Elliot, JAB, and Robinson on the roster I can't imagine we'd be targeting CBs in the draft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 10401
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
We're moving Ryan Smith back to CB full time. Koetter seems pretty high on him. And with Grimes, VHIII, Elliot, JAB, and Robinson on the roster I can't imagine we'd be targeting CBs in the draft.


Grimes is going to be 34, and after VH3, that group doesn't inspire much confidence, it'd be ridiculous if we didn't leave the draft with a CB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38491
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
We're moving Ryan Smith back to CB full time. Koetter seems pretty high on him. And with Grimes, VHIII, Elliot, JAB, and Robinson on the roster I can't imagine we'd be targeting CBs in the draft.


Grimes is going to be 34, and after VH3, that group doesn't inspire much confidence, it'd be ridiculous if we didn't leave the draft with a CB.

I dunno. Like I said, Koetter seems pretty high on Ryan Smith. And he'll have another offseason of reps. And Elliot and JAB have proven to be solid. *shrugs*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nathan004


Joined: 12 Feb 2014
Posts: 1530
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
We're moving Ryan Smith back to CB full time. Koetter seems pretty high on him. And with Grimes, VHIII, Elliot, JAB, and Robinson on the roster I can't imagine we'd be targeting CBs in the draft.


Grimes is going to be 34, and after VH3, that group doesn't inspire much confidence, it'd be ridiculous if we didn't leave the draft with a CB.

I dunno. Like I said, Koetter seems pretty high on Ryan Smith. And he'll have another offseason of reps. And Elliot and JAB have proven to be solid. *shrugs*


We just have more pressing needs at this point with the opportunity to fix almost all of them in FA and first two rounds. While I agree it would be unwise to ignore the CB position, I just think that getting the OL upgraded with more weapons for Winston and Co is more important at this time.

It's funny how we spent the beginning of this season with a pretty unstoppable offense but a very suspect defense. What a 180 we've seen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SBucfan


Joined: 04 Mar 2014
Posts: 81
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Koetters last presser it sounds like the organization feels CB depth as a position of strength. I highly doubt we invest a high pick, if any at all, on a CB.

Yes Grimes age is concerning but even in week 17, his athleticism is still off the charts. I see no reason to think his play will fall off a cliff next year. He can't have too much left in the tank but we can easily put off CB another year in my eyes. I'm interested how last years 4th round pick Ryan Smith does a year seasoned and working exclusively at CB.

Also found it interesting that Koetter said he likes our pieces on the oline, probably alot more than the fans or you guys (media) do..

Mentioned in 2 press conferences in a row that we have core pieces in place on offense. Jameis, Mike, Donovan and Ali. Second interview he said the same 4 but that you could maybe even throw Brate in there. Regardless, he mentioned D.Smith both times. I really think the organization has no desire to move D. Smith from the LT spot next year. And I'm perfectly okay with that.

Our O-Line addition will be JR Sweezy at LG. The veteran with a superbowl ring who's nasty in the run game. If we do draft another oline I see it being a later developmental guy.

My number one target is Corey Davis though I don't think he'll be there when we pick. I don't see any other WRs besides Mike Williams getting drafted earlier than he will and there's too many teams that could use a WR drafting before us. (Ten x2, Buf, Philli)

Ross is moving down my draftboards and I don't really think JuJu would be a good value at 19 either.

That leaves RB, S, Dline.

Maybe we go RB if one of Fournette or Cook are there but I doubt either will. Don't think he would ever go McCaffrey. Lichts head would be on a stick if he drafts a first round RB and they don't turn out to be a stud. Especially a year after going a second round kicker.

Safety - Will depend of FA but an obvious need. And so far with Licht, he's been going the obvious need at the top of the draft. In 2015, 2 O-line in the 2nd round to cover that dreadful O-line the year before. A CB in 2016 to cover that dreadful completion percentage we gave up last year. Could see him falling suit with a S if they could be argued as BPA at the pick. And seems like Adams, Hooker and Peppers could all be really really good NFL safety's. I don't see 3 going in the top 18, do you? Pair an elite S prospect with VH3 and hopefully not have to touch the secondary with a premium pick for the next decade.

And then there's DLine. If we are going full out BPA I think its a good chance that player will be Dline. The strength of this draft class and we're picking in a spot where some really good pass rushers could fall to us. If that's the case I have no issue going DLine. On that 5 game win streak, in my eyes, we got wins because we had a pass rush. Plain and simple. It allowed the same secondary we've all trashed in the past to go out and make plays. Yes Winston needs weapons, but in terms of building of a long term contender, if a great pass rush prospect falls to our spot, take him without hesitation. Ayers is 31 and jac Smith can't stay healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Buc Ball


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 3719
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going after Dline and there aren't any DEs worth the pick, could anyone see us going after Caleb Brantley? He'd offer us young talent along the interior, give us someone who could spell McCoy and line up inside on passing downs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravishingone


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 4462
Location: Leola
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucBall_76 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I really want to see how Howard and Njoku test. Brate has been great, but 2 TES could really help the tune game and passing game.


Njoku will be THE buzz guy come draft time....hes a monster.


Damn, just watched some youtube highlights, Njoku is a total freak. Unless he has some off the field issue, he is going to fly up draft boards, IMO.
_________________
Be bold.....Don't be afraid!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3565
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
If we are going after Dline and there aren't any DEs worth the pick, could anyone see us going after Caleb Brantley? He'd offer us young talent along the interior, give us someone who could spell McCoy and line up inside on passing downs.
I could. Bucs need better pass rush next to McCoy. McDonald is a solid player but he can't win 1v1's. I like Brantley more than McDowell because I've seen him take over games and change the outcome of some. Brantley elite get off makes him tough to block and his leverage is outstanding.

Caleb Brantley round 1
Eddie Jackson round 2

The defense would be stacked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11222
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like RB Alvin kamara. Less mileage. He can line up in the slot. Runs with tenacity and power and displays good vision and can hit the home run.

I have issues with dalvin cook and ball security.

Ju ju smith: I like him and I think he's a boom or bust prospect. He's explosive but I think he's raw as a route runner. His hands are 50/50 at times. But when I say explosive is he a fast guy for college players? What's his speed at the NFL level?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3565
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I like RB Alvin kamara. Less mileage. He can line up in the slot. Runs with tenacity and power and displays good vision and can hit the home run.

I have issues with dalvin cook and ball security.

Ju ju smith: I like him and I think he's a boom or bust prospect. He's explosive but I think he's raw as a route runner. His hands are 50/50 at times. But when I say explosive is he a fast guy for college players? What's his speed at the NFL level?
Agreed. Kamara is a STUD. He is another do-it-all back and can run between and outside the tackles. No idea how Jalen Hurd was the starter this year when AK was just the better all around player.

Kamara will be there in round 2 or 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 11222
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I like RB Alvin kamara. Less mileage. He can line up in the slot. Runs with tenacity and power and displays good vision and can hit the home run.

I have issues with dalvin cook and ball security.

Ju ju smith: I like him and I think he's a boom or bust prospect. He's explosive but I think he's raw as a route runner. His hands are 50/50 at times. But when I say explosive is he a fast guy for college players? What's his speed at the NFL level?
Agreed. Kamara is a STUD. He is another do-it-all back and can run between and outside the tackles. No idea how Jalen Hurd was the starter this year when AK was just the better all around player.

Kamara will be there in round 2 or 3.


In round 1 if we can snag a stud like Derrick Barnett, Corey Davis , or trade down and take Demarcus walker or oj Howard I'll be satisfied. Maybe ju ju smith at the end of the first

Round 2: kamara
Round 3: bpa.

I'd love to move down from 19 and get an extra 3rd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 3565
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I like RB Alvin kamara. Less mileage. He can line up in the slot. Runs with tenacity and power and displays good vision and can hit the home run.

I have issues with dalvin cook and ball security.

Ju ju smith: I like him and I think he's a boom or bust prospect. He's explosive but I think he's raw as a route runner. His hands are 50/50 at times. But when I say explosive is he a fast guy for college players? What's his speed at the NFL level?
Agreed. Kamara is a STUD. He is another do-it-all back and can run between and outside the tackles. No idea how Jalen Hurd was the starter this year when AK was just the better all around player.

Kamara will be there in round 2 or 3.


In round 1 if we can snag a stud like Derrick Barnett, Corey Davis , or trade down and take Demarcus walker or oj Howard I'll be satisfied. Maybe ju ju smith at the end of the first

Round 2: kamara
Round 3: bpa.

I'd love to move down from 19 and get an extra 3rd.

Barnett at 19 is a pipe dream bro. Derrick Barnett is one of the best pass rushers in the draft class. We'd be lucky if he makes it out the top 15. 19 is a good spot to trade down from depending who's available. There's a lot of good pass rushers for us to covet. I think Dewayne Smoot would be good value at 19. Draft needs to go heavy on defense and fix offensive woes in FA. I'd like to get a center in either round 3 or 2. Thinking about it, trading down at the end of the first and getting more picks would be the best bet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BucBall_76


Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 1200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
BucBall_76 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
I really want to see how Howard and Njoku test. Brate has been great, but 2 TES could really help the tune game and passing game.


Njoku will be THE buzz guy come draft time....hes a monster.


Damn, just watched some youtube highlights, Njoku is a total freak. Unless he has some off the field issue, he is going to fly up draft boards, IMO.


Noticeably better each year too...if the draft plays out where all our targets guys are gone i would take him at 19 if hes on the board...but IMHO he has the chance to go top 10

i wouldnt mind taking a flier on UM WR Stacy Coley in the later rounds...im dying for the team to draft a Miami guy Cool

Coley would most likely not be a huge contributor right out the gate but has the potential to at the very least be a Terrence Williams type of WR
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
djw4bucs


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 8607
Location: Smack and El Ramster on the Sigs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have got to get either John Ross, Cory Davis or JuJu Smith in the first round, all should be future studs.
_________________

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 13 of 53

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group