You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Prospects to keep an eye on '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nathan004

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to get a shot at Peppers. Safety play has been 100x worse than anything lacking on the DL this year. The FA pool at Safety is also lacking in 2017. Outside of Berry I'd say that TJ McDonald is the only real option for the market. The DT market isn't great either but finding quality DT play in the 2nd -4th is easier than top tier Safety IMO. Realistically though, I see a guy like Malik Hooker being in play for us in the first. Safety needs to be high on our draft board.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan004 wrote:
I'd love to get a shot at Peppers. Safety play has been 100x worse than anything lacking on the DL this year. The FA pool at Safety is also lacking in 2017. Outside of Berry I'd say that TJ McDonald is the only real option for the market. The DT market isn't great either but finding quality DT play in the 2nd -4th is easier than top tier Safety IMO. Realistically though, I see a guy like Malik Hooker being in play for us in the first. Safety needs to be high on our draft board.
Peppers at this point is looking like a top 5 pick. He is covering slots, blitzing from the backer position, and defending the run. Not to mention he is an elite return man at KR/PR. That kid is a special talent and if we get a shot at him, it'll be because we only win 4 games this year. I personally want us to succeed but if we suck then Peppers or Garrett would be my two favorites. Either player would be blue chips to add to the defense. I'm with you on that. You can find plenty of good DL in the latter, the great safeties go early.

Say TB picks outside the top 5 though we're stuck in no mans land. Which isn't that bad because there we could opt for Jonathan Allen, or JuJu Smith.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety is high on our board and should be. But I'm not reaching for a one year hype player if Peppers isn't available.

I'm still a believer in the front 4. You get after the qb you don't need studs back there. Just starting caliber safeties.

There is no doubt in my mind I want a safety but if we're in the top 10 and Jabril peppers who I don't expect to be there, is gone I'd go after Jonathan Allen. Our dline lacks depth, another DT and a guy who's disruptive.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Safety is high on our board and should be. But I'm not reaching for a one year hype player if Peppers isn't available.

I'm still a believer in the front 4. You get after the qb you don't need studs back there. Just starting caliber safeties.

There is no doubt in my mind I want a safety but if we're in the top 10 and Jabril peppers who I don't expect to be there, is gone I'd go after Jonathan Allen. Our dline lacks depth, another DT and a guy who's disruptive.
Not sure who your referencing to in regards to a 1 year hype player. Smith had 90 catches 10 tds and averaged 103 yards a game last year. This year he is on pace for about 70 and 10 again. He will probably outdo that though.

But yeah, DL needs to be upgraded next year if we can't get a playmaking safety. Allen is a great athlete for a man his size and would work wonders for our pass rush. DL, S, and WR will be addressed.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Not sure who your referencing to in regards to a 1 year hype player. Smith had 90 catches 10 tds and averaged 103 yards a game last year. This year he is on pace for about 70 and 10 again. He will probably outdo that though.

But yeah, DL needs to be upgraded next year if we can't get a playmaking safety. Allen is a great athlete for a man his size and would work wonders for our pass rush. DL, S, and WR will be addressed.

Ju Ju smith scares me. There's production but against Humphrey in the opener he couldn't beat the jam off the Line. Production doesn't match film. I don't see him as a first rounder either.

I'm not a huge fan of this receiver class either. There's a couple guys I like but no one really stands out to me other than Mike Williams or Corey Davis. I don't see either as top 15 picks.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Ju Ju smith scares me. There's production but against Humphrey in the opener he couldn't beat the jam off the Line. Production doesn't match film. I don't see him as a first rounder either.

I'm not a huge fan of this receiver class either. There's a couple guys I like but no one really stands out to me other than Mike Williams or Corey Davis. I don't see either as top 15 picks.
Humphrey is a potential top 10 pick but I understand the concern. USC couldn't block for 2 seconds either so its hard to get open for a guy that big. That said he got clamped up all night against a pro-type of CB. Regardless, me personally, want no parts of a WR in the first round if we picking top 10. We have a #1 already, its overkill to draft a WR again in the top 10. That's a Detroit Lions approach. That said barring who is on the board you cannot write that position off. His YAC ability is incredible and will in fact be a first round pick if he declares. The kid is 6'2 220 4.5 ish with good YAC skills and hands, he is a lock 1st rnd barring injuries and a bad combine. If Fuller can go round 1 with suspect hands there's no doubt in my mind JuJu will be a top 15 pick. He will go top 10 with a strong combine. Hopefully we do not take him for obvious bigger reasons/needs.

Mike Williams is a good prospect. Not quite as explosive as Smith in the open field and much more of a possession WR. Kinda of reminds me of Keyshawn Johnson honestly. I like both WR prospects from LSU they are good players and will be there in round 2.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett please Laughing

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Garrett please Laughing

May have to be pick 1 or 2 but yeah. Dude is a stud.
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE Carl Lawson Auburn

Kid a monster, watching tonight made me realize how bad we are on the edge. Garrett is top 3 pick and if we don't pick that high this kid Lawson won't be a bad an option. Will be looking to scout for TE's after tonight as well.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Derek Burnett DE Tennessee. 6'3 270 lbs. dude can hold up against the run. But I'll say this: his bend/dip off the edge is absurdly good. He can get under Tackles with ease. Can play LE or RE in the 4-3. Would love to see another DT and DE in pewter next year.
Watched his game against Alabama. VERY, very good DE. I'd love to have him as a Buc next year. Put up back to back 10 sack seasons his first two, and has 6 on the year. That's 3 years of consistency to boot.

Burnett is a player we should covet. I think DT needs to be considered too but Burnett is going to be a stud in the league. Spence and Burnett to bookend each other would be dope.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In looking at our current needs and draft slot without projecting free agency :

1. DL
1b. Safety
1c. WR.

Those are three glaring needs on offense and I will make an argument for a durable running back but we can get by til Barkley from pen state declares haha.

It's Saturday so I'm talking prospects and college ball.
On the DLINE: Jonathon Allen or Derek Burnett are ballers and if either one of them make it to our pick I'm making that pick in a heart beat.

At safety: obviously Jabril peppers is a guy we can use. Can line up against TEs or receivers.
Adams is another guy I like as well. Can he play both center field and in the box? I haven't seen a lot of his games this year but he's definitely a first rounder.

At wide receiver, Corey Davis is my favorite prospect. But look out for Dede Westbrook from Oklahoma. Guy no one is talking about. He's a burner and crisp route runner. That could be the weapon we need opposite Evans. At 6foot 175-180 lbs he could stand to get bigger.

Other positions? I wouldn't rule out running back. Nick Chubb has dealt with injury issues and I know I mentioned durability at running back. If he were to slide I'd take a flyer.

Djuan smith from Michigan is my guy. Physical bruiser in between the tackles with some breakaway burst. Reminds me of MJD a bit.

If the season were to end today we draft right in the middle of round 1. More than likely, peppers and Allen are going top 10.

1: Derrick Burnett DE Tennessee : guy will be a stud.
2: eddie Jackson Safety Alabama : he suffered a broken leg I believe but he'll still be in the mix on day two.
3: Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma : no one is talking but that might change soon.
4: Montravious Smith DT auburn: we need depth. Period.
5: Deveon Smith RB Michigan: something we can use behind Martin and sims and Rodgers.
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oklahoma DT Charles Walker declared for the draft yesterday. Has 3 career concussions and really did not play much this year. Do we roll the dice on the kid if he is there round 2? I need to see more from Clinton McDonald because when that man is on the field we're a better defense. Walker is more disruptive than anybody named not McCoy. Jonathan Allen will be a top 5 pick and I'm not sure if we're picking that high seasons end. Something to think about.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Oklahoma DT Charles Walker declared for the draft yesterday. Has 3 career concussions and really did not play much this year. Do we roll the dice on the kid if he is there round 2? I need to see more from Clinton McDonald because when that man is on the field we're a better defense. Walker is more disruptive than anybody named not McCoy. Jonathan Allen will be a top 5 pick and I'm not sure if we're picking that high seasons end. Something to think about.

He's playing a position where he's literally banging his head into someone for 50ish plays every game. He's had three known concussions. I'd pass completely.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
indifference wrote:

He's playing a position where he's literally banging his head into someone for 50ish plays every game. He's had three known concussions. I'd pass completely.

Yeah, it's simply too big a risk to take him and hope that it won't be an issue. The Brian Price experience makes me really nervous about picking a guy with an injury history, even if it is for different reasons.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the odds of Dede Westbrook lasting until late second/ early third?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 3 of 53

Jump to: