You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seattle Mariners Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewsfromthe206

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a good game last night, but we're not overly concerned about Tyler O'Neill right? I mean he's not showing as poor of discipline as he had.

I didn't realize how well Nick Neidert has been pitching this year. Same control, and K'ing 10 per 9.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viewsfromthe206 wrote:
He had a good game last night, but we're not overly concerned about Tyler O'Neill right? I mean he's not showing as poor of discipline as he had.

I didn't realize how well Nick Neidert has been pitching this year. Same control, and K'ing 10 per 9.

I think there should be some concern over O'Neil, but nothing major yet.

The K rate and BB rate are pretty close to last season, but his ISO is down and the batting average looks BABIP related. (Probably too high last year and too low this year)

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasted opportunity there to stay in the game. 2nd & 3rd with no outs and we get nothing...

#JDI
Viewsfromthe206

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's rookie league on his rehab (crashed into a wall and they didn't want to rush him back, not seen as serious) for Kyle Lewis, but I don't think the knee should be an issue. Hit a double and triple and also stole home. Really hope next year is a big year for him.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ryan Divish‏ @RyanDivish

Pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre said Drew Smyly experienced a setback in his recovery. No timetable set for him to get back on the mound.

ffs... what a waste of a trade.

#JDI
Viewsfromthe206

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
Quote:
Ryan Divish‏ @RyanDivish

Pitching coach Mel Stottlemyre said Drew Smyly experienced a setback in his recovery. No timetable set for him to get back on the mound.

ffs... what a waste of a trade.
Tommy John it is...if we're lucky, he's back next year in May
Eagles27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the process is with injured players, but I'd just non-tender him or give him an injury settlement if needed.

No reason to pay Smyly 7+ million next year to rehab. Go find some healthy arms instead. Can't rely on him again.

#JDI
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler O' Neill is figuring out AAA. Just hit his 8th homer in the past 16 games. Oppo blast.

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
Tyler O' Neill is figuring out AAA. Just hit his 8th homer in the past 16 games. Oppo blast.

Yeah, the K's are a problem still but it's not surprising considering his age.

On a somewhat related note, Churchill posted his mid-season top 30.

http://prospectinsider.com/mariners-top-30-prospects-kyle-lewis-evan-white-andrade-rizzo/

He ranked our top IFA signing Julio Rodriguez ahead of O'Neil and Carlson which surprised me. I don't pay for BA anymore so the only reports I could find were MLB.com and CBS.

Quote:
Rodriguez signed a $1.75 million deal with the Mariners on Sunday.
A top-10 international prospect according to MLB.com and Baseball America, Rodriguez has a "better in fantasy than reality" skill set that is rare among top July 2 signees. He has monster raw power from the right side, and some scouts put future 60s on his hit tool, so he has the makings of potential middle-of-the-order right fielder. While he is a decent runner now, that won't last. Baseball America lists him at 6-foot-3, 205 pounds, while MLB.com posts friendlier measurements (6-foot-1, 170 pounds). Either way, he's awfully big for a 16-year-old, so there is some risk that he outgrows the outfield corners, which would put a lot of pressure on his hit tool. While the risk is intense, Rodriguez is the type of bat-first prospect who is worth stashing in very deep dynasty leagues.

Quote:
Scouting grades: Hit: 60 | Power: 55 | Run: 50 | Arm: 55 | Field: 50

There is a lot to like about Rodriguez, including his big and athletic body, along with his projectable frame and tools.

Rodriguez has a chance to be a special hitter. He is expected to hit for average and he already shows good raw power. Rodriguez does have a pre-pitch waggle in the batter's box that can get his timing out of sync at times, but his advanced approach at the plate and his overall bat speed helps solve some of the issues caused by his developing batting mechanics. Overall, he has the ability to drive the ball to all fields and he consistently makes hard contact. Some scouts believe Rodriguez has the potential to be a middle of the order type of run producer in the future.

On defense, Rodriguez profiles as an everyday right fielder because of his solid defensive skills and plus arm potential. He's an average runner with good mechanics.

Hopefully Jerry keeps building the system up and addresses the rotation via free agency in the off-season. There's a lot of upside in our system, but the depth is still pretty poor.

#JDI
Viewsfromthe206

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty aggressive ranking on Rodriguez. White and Carlson weren't even far off on rankings pre draft, figured they'd be together or O'Neill at least in between them. Glad O'Neill is starting to hit in AAA, hoping he can start next year, but it'll be tough to beat out Haniger and Gamel.

Worried that we're going to be sitting around .500 for the next few seasons. Couple expensive contracts in Felix, Seager and Cano, and Cano can't be good forever and Seager and Felix seem to be in a decline, and Felix' decline is awful.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game dude. My heart can't take much more.

KYLE SEAGER!

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
This game dude. My heart can't take much more.

KYLE SEAGER!

And Diaz closes it out. Back to .500 again. Laughing

#JDI
Eagles27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW make sure to sign up for beta access to get the new forum early.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589148

Most of the baseball posters are already moving over there.

#JDI
Viewsfromthe206

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Neidert promoted to AA. Chance he'll start on the 25 come 2019 and an outside chance to see the club late in 2018. Really hope we keep him. I like what we could have in Paxton, Moore and Neidert.
Mesa_Titan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill still tearing it up.

Quote:
@LookoutLanding: RT @CurtoWorld: Updated numbers on the Tyler O'Neill Tear: last 25 games, 330/432/723 with 11 HR, 25 RBI.

#JDI

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: