Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Ramsey was good enough in run support to play safety and good enough in coverage to play corner. The difference between he and Peppers is that Peppers is not good enough in coverage to play either of those positions.

I think he's a sub package player in the box.

I don't think Peppers would be a complete safety out the gate or even long term. I think he would have to be someone that a DC really has a plan for, in how to use him.

I wish he could go to the Senior Bowl to see how he does in one-on-one coverage drills. I see Peppers as an end of 1st round early round 2 guy.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not the best place to post this but oh well.

What do people think about bringing Britt back on a 3-year deal? He's only missed one game over the past three seasons so it looks like he is finally staying healthy. The guy put up 1,000 yards being thrown a ball from Keenum/Goff. From everything I've seen he has matured and hasn't had any off-field issues at all.

I was thinking front load something maybe 3 yrs 21 million including a 3 mil signing bonus. Maybe add an incentive or two in, guarantee it up front so we can cut him next year if it doesn't work out.

He wouldn't be a #1 here but him and Rishard would be a great 2A, 2B combo I think.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Starting to regain some of my Jabrill Peppers love.

Now, no I don't want him in the top 5. Not even top 20, especially when talking about other options like Adams, Hooker, and Baker.

But, I'm starting to feel that the debate about him will be somewhat similar to Ramsey's when they debated his position and ability. Not saying he deserves to be drafted up where Ramsey was, just that similar arguments are probably going to be made.

I think Peppers will be a better pro than college player.

Dunno. Just not hating him as much as I was...wouldn't hate having him in some trade down action.

I don't think he's ever really fallen out of that top 20 range though. His versatility is different than Ramsey's was, and thus won't be drafted in the top 5... but he'll still go higher than most want. He'll be a SS at the next level... with an in-the-box-support strength. I think he'll also be a better coverage S than the traditional SS (like Pollard, etc).

I may be alone on this board, but I'd be happy if we got him at 18... depending on what we do in FA and who's available at that spot. I he runs a sub 4.4, like he believes, he'll be gone by 18, however.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshon Lattimore is officially in. Hopefully he's there at 18. Best CB in the draft.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Marshon Lattimore is officially in. Hopefully he's there at 18. Best CB in the draft.

Mike Williams in as well....

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artavius Scott is in. Courtland Sutton returning to SMU. Kind of surprised on that one.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
615finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Artavius Scott is in. Courtland Sutton returning to SMU. Kind of surprised on that one.

I definitely thought Courtland Sutton would come out. Thought he would go no later then the 2nd round
615finest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

The more I watch him the more I want him at 18.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

The more I watch him the more I want him at 18.

I actually think he'll go higher after teams start breaking him down and the combine comes. I think the reason he wasn't talked about much is because not many expected him to declare. He's my #1 CB. Like I said before, best technique and his hip movement is amazing. He can flip his hips wth the best of them. So smooth with no wasted movement. Plus he can track the ball and play the run. I honestly wouldn't be against taking him at 5 and normally I hate taking CBs high. He

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
VY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
I may be alone on this board, but I'd be happy if we got him at 18... depending on what we do in FA and who's available at that spot. I he runs a sub 4.4, like he believes, he'll be gone by 18, however.

If we are able to adequately address corner I think he'd be a solid pick at 18. But unless we are able to sign a premier CB this offseason (if Bouye somehow hits FA) it may be a 2 year project reshaping our secondary. Aside from Byard there's no real locks across the board at this point.
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah said today that Lattimore is the best CB he has seen this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I really would love to trade down, ideally to like 8-12. One of Foster, Davis, Lattimore, Williams, Hooker or Adams could all potentially be in that range. Plus we'd pick back up a 2nd rounder.

I'm hoping the Bills fall in love with one of the QBs and feel the need to trade up in front of the Jets.

#MTGA
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
SARGO127

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. ILB Rueben Foster
1. CB Marshon Lattimore
3. OLB/DE Ryan Anderson
3. WR Isaiah Ford
4. TE Jake Butt
5. CB Ahkello Witherspoon
7. OLineman

Let's go.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:

What do people think about bringing Britt back on a 3-year deal? He's only missed one game over the past three seasons so it looks like he is finally staying healthy. The guy put up 1,000 yards being thrown a ball from Keenum/Goff. From everything I've seen he has matured and hasn't had any off-field issues at all.

I was thinking front load something maybe 3 yrs 21 million including a 3 mil signing bonus. Maybe add an incentive or two in, guarantee it up front so we can cut him next year if it doesn't work out.

He wouldn't be a #1 here but him and Rishard would be a great 2A, 2B combo I think.

I'm actually for it. This is an entirely different organization from the one he left, even down to ownership. He looks to have matured off the field. And he's finally living up to it on the field. He'll probably cost more than 3/21 mill and he will definitely get more than 3 mil in signing bonus

**RIP Steve McNair**
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chocolateman78 wrote:
UTMoc10 wrote:

I'm actually for it. This is an entirely different organization from the one he left, even down to ownership. He looks to have matured off the field. And he's finally living up to it on the field. He'll probably cost more than 3/21 mill and he will definitely get more than 3 mil in signing bonus

I still think he has some knucklehead in him. That whole crash during training camp was stupid.

With that said, I'm open to a Britt return. I think he fits what we about, scheme wise. It'd be interesting if he was interested in coming back.

Edit: Kenny holds a "Kenny Britt rally" to try to get him to the pro bowl. Lol. Don't know how that would play here.
https://youtu.be/88Fm0e72enE

Also I read he'd like to be in Washington to get back on the east coast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 52 of 78

Jump to: