Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
615finest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams came alive in the 4th! Those catches were a thing of beauty
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:

I need to change my thinking about Williams. He might not be the WR that will consistently move the chains.

But he could be that go-to WR and clutch performer.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:

I need to change my thinking about Williams. He might not be the WR that will consistently move the chains.

As you know, I've been a Mike Williams fan. Even with that being the case, I didn't want to draft him at 5. But a performance like that, on this stage, against that defense, makes me reconsider it.

The combine and whole draft process is going to be big for him.

#MTGA
Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
615finest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:

I think he can move the chains but I don't think that's how Clemson used him.But you won't have any complaints from me if he just turned out to be the clutch performer.

I feel like Clemson saved him till the 4th, didn't make any sense how many times he wasn't out there during the game. Those hits he took in the first could have had sumn to do wit it tho.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'll have to re evaluate my thoughts on Mike Williams as well.

I still want defense at #5 and think that the best way to continue building the team with the culture we've established.

but Mike Williams looks like a FINE consolation.

**RIP Steve McNair**
615finest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Humphrey never really stood out to me when I watch him. He didn't stand out this game either. Can somebody give me the run down on here and why he is ranked so highly? I feel like he gives up a lot of big plays and never really seems to find the ball.

As for Foster, if we were to take him at 5 I wouldn't be mad at all. He was all over the field. One thing that worries me about him tho is the way he throws his body around. He'd be injured a lot doing that in the NFL.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
OJ Howard has been so under utilized in his Bama career.

He would flourish in our offense, the way we love TEs.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:

As you know, I've been a Mike Williams fan. Even with that being the case, I didn't want to draft him at 5. But a performance like that, on this stage, against that defense, makes me reconsider it.

The combine and whole draft process is going to be big for him.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up "hurt" during the combine and not able to run. Because I honestly don't think he will time very well. He doesn't seem to be very fluid in the hips as they say.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:

I think he can move the chains but I don't think that's how Clemson used him.But you won't have any complaints from me if he just turned out to be the clutch performer.

I feel like Clemson saved him till the 4th, didn't make any sense how many times he wasn't out there during the game. Those hits he took in the first could have had sumn to do wit it tho

If that is the case, the OC needs to be replaced. That's coaching malpractice. They had no answer for him. It was either going to be a PI or a catch it seemed.

Maybe it's a case of them not asking him to do certain things. We won't know if he can't run certain routes until we put him through a workout. But seeing how they used him or how they didn't use him, makes me think I need to dig further, because the coaches just didn't do him right, in my opinion. He could've been a more dominate college player if given the chance.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Williams and Foster solidified themselves as top 10 picks... I wouldn't bat an eye if either were the pick at 5... although I'd prefer to trade down a few spots still... hope one of the 2 of them or either safety falls.

Humphrey fell in my eyes as well. Not only does he not show consistency, you'd think a true #1 CB would be lined up on the true #1 WR all the time. It almost seemed that the Bama D was hiding Humphrey... and he was still abused some. Tankersley, who is a 2nd/3rd round prospect looked better to me than Humphrey.

I liked both TEs in the game, although I don't know if I liked either of them as 1st rounders. Howard has some serious wheels, but didn't show much outside of that. His speed and athleticism alone may make him a star in the NFL, but he still needs a lot of work. I can see why he's a 1st round prospect, but I'd be a lot more comfortable at the end of the 1st/early 2nd, just because he needs work. I was also extremely impressed with Leggett... that catch near the end of the game... thrown to his outside shoulder... insane catch... insane athleticism... not sure about his blocking... might need more work than Howard. And the thing is... I think we already have a Leggett on the roster... in Jace Amaro. Mularkey is a TE guru, I'd like to see what he can do with Amaro before we invest heavily in a new TE.

And Watson... his play doesn't affect us directly, but it has a huge effect indirectly, and on the top of the draft. I still don't think he's a top 10 overall player, but he has solidified himself as the best QB in the draft (I didn't watch Trubisky much... saw the arm strength, the accuracy... but the biggest thing I noticed watching him in person at the Sun Bowl... he may be lacking vision... saw him lose open receivers, not see them if they weren't in his immediate range of vision... we were constantly going "dude!" when he'd fail to see the open receiver). Anyway, Watson now comes into play for the Browns at 1 now... which sucks for us. I had mentioned Cleveland as the seemingly perfect trade partner... them using their bounty of picks to double dip in the top 5.

Allen not showing up last night could also hurt us... realistically, he should still go in the top 4, but maybe he falls a little due to his disappearing act... outside of that hit on Watson in the 4th, I don't remember ever saying to myself... oh, there's Allen. If I'm left to pick between Allen and Foster, I'm taking Foster.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike williams and corey davis are both really, really good

i want one of them on this team so bad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are doing snapshot reactions and what not, I think the #5 pick at this moment is between:

Jamal Adams-S-LSU
Malik Hooker-S-Ohio State
Mike Williams-WR-Clemson

Honorable Mention:
Reuben Foster
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went back and watch an condensed version of the Clemson/Bama game and..... man I'm so disgusted by some of the routes Williams runs.

A couple of times, he just jogs off the line and turns for a hitch.
Another time it's a lazy crossing route where he is jogging.
Another time it's a WTF slant route.

Maybe he knew he wasn't an option or a decoy, but even so, you have to do better than that.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only prospects I'd want at 5 right now are Adams and Foster. Foster dominated last night and showed what true LB is. I'd be ok with Williams(although I still prefer Davis) and Allen but Adams and Foster are my top 2. This is obviously assuming Garrett doesn't fall to 5.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
Just went back and watch an condensed version of the Clemson/Bama game and..... man I'm so disgusted by some of the routes Williams runs.

A couple of times, he just jogs off the line and turns for a hitch.
Another time it's a lazy crossing route where he is jogging.
Another time it's a WTF slant route.

Maybe he knew he wasn't an option or a decoy, but even so, you have to do better than that.

I saw that as well. Idk. I think that hit to the head scared him a lil bit. Who knows. Hopefully when he gets paid to run routes he goes 100% all the time.

I still like JuJu Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 50 of 59

Jump to: