Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Bloeddyr wrote:
Safety Shaquil Griffin from UCF

But does he have dreads though?

Cool

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2017 Adopt-A-Titan: Jonnu Smith & Khalfani Muhammad
ironlion

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the jets are taking a long look at trubisky. They pick right after us. This is perfect for us if another team (Cleveland) wants Mitch they'll have to come up to 5 to pick him. I think the best thing j rob can do is trade back and pick up at least a 2nd round pick. When it comes to qbs I think the draft trade chart goes out the window so we may be able to get more than we think. Especially if there becomes a bidding war between two or more teams.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ironlion wrote:
Looks like the jets are taking a long look at trubisky. They pick right after us. This is perfect for us if another team (Cleveland) wants Mitch they'll have to come up to 5 to pick him. I think the best thing j rob can do is trade back and pick up at least a 2nd round pick. When it comes to qbs I think the draft trade chart goes out the window so we may be able to get more than we think. Especially if there becomes a bidding war between two or more teams.

Would be interesting if Cleveland did that. They did literally just buy a second-round pick from Houston.

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My OJ Howard lovefest continues

Quote:

Since 2008, 14 receivers have been taken in the top 15 picks. Only four had better three-cone times than O.J. Howard's 6.85. Those receivers? A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Odell Beckham Jr. O.J. Howard did it at two inches and 40 pounds heavier.

Quote:

.@mockdraftable's database doesn't have one TE since 1999 who was drafted in the first five rounds with a better 40 time/3 cone than Howard.

https://youtu.be/OlYbWrNF-9Q

#MTGA
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
My OJ Howard lovefest continues

Quote:

Since 2008, 14 receivers have been taken in the top 15 picks. Only four had better three-cone times than O.J. Howard's 6.85. Those receivers? A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Odell Beckham Jr. O.J. Howard did it at two inches and 40 pounds heavier.

Quote:

.@mockdraftable's database doesn't have one TE since 1999 who was drafted in the first five rounds with a better 40 time/3 cone than Howard.

https://youtu.be/OlYbWrNF-9Q

Piggybacking on this, here's some other film breakdown by Brett Kollman on some guys who we could potentially draft.

Jamal Adams- https://youtu.be/aVV56meJ-fk
Malik Hooker- https://youtu.be/glWAP7vbeH8
Gareon Conley- https://youtu.be/yfJDXra4L14

#MTGA

Last edited by TitanSlim on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know drafting oj howard and john ross in the first round is wildly impractical but not gonna lie i'm sort of into it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it has like a .001%chance of happening. But I love Christan McCaffrey. Love him.

Wouldn't hate him being a Titan.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
i know drafting oj howard and john ross in the first round is wildly impractical but not gonna lie i'm sort of into it

Would grow to love it if it happened. But Ross wouldn't be my choice.

But again if these were the picks. It would take me about 2 mins to be hype about it.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
I know it has like a .001%chance of happening. But I love Christan McCaffrey. Love him.

Wouldn't hate him being a Titan.

Hop aboard the train! Cool

An OJ Howard/Christian McCaffrey combo would probably drive most people on here insane, but I'd be all about it considering they're probably the two prospects that I love the most. There might be a tad bit of bias for Christian, because I'm a Stanford fan but the versatility he could bring to an offense is just really enticing.

As far as Christian's fit with us I also see it as very unlikely, but there are a few reasons that I could see it being a justifiable pick for us at 18 or if we trade back from 18...

1. Christian simply gives us a weapon and a mismatch that we don't currently have. We can pigeon hole him as a RB and get caught up in that, but he would play all over the place. We'd give him some carries, line him up in the slot or out wide as a receiver, and let him return kicks. That versatility could really benefit us.

2. The long term plan here would be to have that combo of McCaffrey/Henry to take over once DeMarco leaves us. We could see this as a potential opportunity to be proactive about finding that other back, so that once DeMarco leaves our running game doesn't miss a beat, and McCaffrey will already have a year potentially 2 under his belt before we expect him to take on that bigger workload alongside Derrick.

Drafting Christian right now would seem like a luxury pick, but I think that long term it could definitely pay off. Plus with his versatility he could still make a pretty sizeable contribution as a rookie for us. I still don't think we'd do it, but Jon has surprised us before. (Hello Derrick Henry.)

-Hope-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
-Hope- wrote:

Would grow to love it if it happened. But Ross wouldn't be my choice.

But again if these were the picks. It would take me about 2 mins to be hype about it.

i mean, with two draft picks our offense becomes a potential juggernaut. the things we could cook up with walker, howard, and ross on the field at the same time...not to mention murray out of the backfield? goodness gracious.

i'm also concerned about ross, but mostly from an injury/physicality standpoint. he's got the skills. it's a risky pick but the payoff would be huge.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time the Howard Ross combo caught on. I've been getting flamed for it for weeks. In order to do it you would have to see Howard as your #3 WR and #2 TE. I love the idea of taking him, but I dont see it happening.

He is bigger and stronger than Dorial Green Beckham, while posting nearly the same 40 and faster 3 cone, and 20 and 60 yard shuttle times. All while being considered one of the better blocking TEs in college football.

He basically put up prototypical #1 WR numbers at the combine at 6'6 250. If he shows the ability to high point and make contested catches and runs routes as well as he did at the combine, I don't see why he couldn't be used as a TE/WR hybrid.

Also a huge fan of Haasan Reddick. I absolutely loved the way he moved at the Combine. You could tell he was a former DB when he was goinf through those drills. If Cyprien was signed for the role we think he was, Reddick would be in an odd position.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about OJ Howard to me is that he truly seems like the total package as a prospect. His athletic traits are outstanding especially for his size, and he really seems like a guy that is into the minuscule details of the game that will lead to him becoming a great player. The fact that he cared enough about his blocking to go back to school another year to get even better at a skill that was already one of his biggest strengths says a lot about him as a player and as a person.

The only negative I really see in his game is that he doesn't have a ton of production in the passing game, but I see that as more of an indictment on the coaching staff than OJ. He was just always an after thought in their offense, and even then he showed how great of a team player he is. He's a supremely talented athlete that has the skill set to take over games, but you never heard a complaint out of him. He just did his job. That's a pro caliber player right there.

I never thought I'd ever call a TE prospect a cornerstone caliber player to a franchise, but I can see that with OJ Howard. He's just a guy that I want on my team. Off the field he seems like a guy that will quickly become loved in the community and really relish in the role of being a team leader. Sometimes you just get a good vibe from a guy and every time I hear him in interviews I come away more and more impressed and think whoever gets that guy on their team is going to be very lucky.

Side Note: I don't remember a draft class that I liked as much as this one. There are several prospects that I really love and wouldn't mind having on our team. I can't really think of any top prospects that I would be outraged with taking. It's a great year to have 2 firsts.

Titan89

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OJ Howard seems like he will be the real deal though I did read somewhere some coaches were worried about his passion for football. He has all the traits no question though to be a dominating TE in the league.

My thing though is if we don't trade down from #5, given how our roster is currently can we afford to spend such a high pick on TE when a) we have other needs to me that rank as bigger (WR, CB, and all around inside linebacker). I know they say you should pick best player available but if that is the case is Howard a top 5 player in this draft? I don't think so. b) There are other solid TEs who intrigue me in this draft and we still do have Walker.

I know you can say TEs with our scheme are very important and can also account for a lot of yards like a wide out which is true. However, to me we need a dominating WR who can draw double coverage and make big time plays. Walker can still get it done and I would rather take another TE later in the draft (maybe even at eighteen) to groom with Walker.

1st = SS - Johnathan Cyprien
2nd = NT - Sylvester Williams
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way we draft OJ Howard is if we want 21 personnel that can basically become 11 personnel without swapping any players. Any random blocking TE fits what we have done on offense, Howard just allows us to do so much more.

I don't know why everyone thinks we need to draft a first RD CB and that we can't wait until the third RD to pick one up. CB, to me, is one of the few positions that sees middle rounders thrive. I probably wouldn't ever spend a first on one unless I thought he was elite.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
The only way we draft OJ Howard is if we want 21 personnel that can basically become 11 personnel without swapping any players. Any random blocking TE fits what we have done on offense, Howard just allows us to do so much more.

I don't know why everyone thinks we need to draft a first RD CB and that we can't wait until the third RD to pick one up. CB, to me, is one of the few positions that sees middle rounders thrive. I probably wouldn't ever spend a first on one unless I thought he was elite.

Well I mean the same could be said about the TE class as well. Both CB and TE are extremely strong this year. You can find a TE in the mid rounds just like you can a CB. Plus I would say Lattimore is elite but just has the injury history. People are tired of seeing our defense look absolutely pathetic so that could be a reason they want a CB or Safety high. Trying to get a lockdown CB to me should be priority over finding another TE although I do think we need a TE.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: