Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Titans Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Looks like Mike Williams ran his 40 in 4.56. Not great, not horrible... don't think it changes his stock too much... if a team had him in the top 10, he may drop a spot or two, if at all, but not much... I think he's in the 8-20 range on most team's boards.

Edit: other "scouts" reporting 4.5. Again, I don't think it changes anything dramatically... a spot or two down or up. Team's already have a ton of tape of a guy like Williams playing against top competition and CBs who will be playing at the NFL level. Workouts for him still have a little value, but not as much as workouts from unknown players or players who played at smaller schools.

There was concerned that he'd run as slow as Treadwell(mid 4.6s) so being in the 4.5s is big for him.

#MTGA
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:
Looks like Mike Williams ran his 40 in 4.56. Not great, not horrible... don't think it changes his stock too much... if a team had him in the top 10, he may drop a spot or two, if at all, but not much... I think he's in the 8-20 range on most team's boards.

Edit: other "scouts" reporting 4.5. Again, I don't think it changes anything dramatically... a spot or two down or up. Team's already have a ton of tape of a guy like Williams playing against top competition and CBs who will be playing at the NFL level. Workouts for him still have a little value, but not as much as workouts from unknown players or players who played at smaller schools.

I read he ran a 4.49.. maybe that was the unofficial

Yep and pro day times are always unreliable. I saw 4.58.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same. I saw 4.56-4.58 and also read that most scouts will add 0.05 to pro day times? Not sure why I guess better safe than sorry or something to do with the field.. Basically, some scouts will have him a 4.63 which is very very meh.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Mularkey is one of the 3 coaches there.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouts and NFL teams don't use Combine times anyway. They use their own hand times.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiah reporting that one scout had him at 4.56. Other two reports I saw said 4.5 and 4.49. Depends on the scout you ask.
615finest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

UTMoc10

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

There aren't really "official" pro day times per say. The school may come out and list a time but scouts go by their hand time. Which means even though Ross ran a 4.22 at the combine some scouts may have him at a 4.19 or something.

Some scouts could have Williams at a 4.49 but I tend to believe the times in the 4.5's. Williams doesn't look like a 4.49 guy to me on the field.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
Same. I saw 4.56-4.58 and also read that most scouts will add 0.05 to pro day times? Not sure why I guess better safe than sorry or something to do with the field.. Basically, some scouts will have him a 4.63 which is very very meh.

Yeah I saw one say he ran a 4.68. Like most said, they rely on the film to judge.
You could tell Ross was fast on film.
You can tell Williams isn't fast on film.

I think he is a 4.58-4.6 WR.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Williams has always looked like a 4.55 guy. Running a 4.56 doesn't upset me.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like everyone is going with the 4.49 and 4.50 on two attempts as Williams results in the forty-yard dash. Basically he's about Alshon Jeffrey's speed. Both probably would have been around 4.55 at the Combine.
VY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed is certainly not going to be something Williams wins people over with. Even just watching his form in the 40 was pretty ugly, lot of wasted motion. But I don't think that's a major issue, he's not a track star nor is he going into a sport that requires that.

With J-Rob and Mularkey the obvious pro's of him are he's about the best in the draft in making contested catches (which they're big on). At 18 he could make sense but still doesn't really offer much different than Mathews and Sharpe. He really is so clutch though, gotta give him that.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that he may not be a whole lot faster than Tajae Sharpe, but to say he doesn't offer anything different than him may be the biggest understatement ever made.
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams is good guys. Not the fastest guy but if he can clean up his routes a bit he's going to be pretty solid. Finds the ball in the air really well and attacks it.

And yeah he's better than Sharpe imo.

Adopt a Titan:
Jurrell Casey
Tajae Sharpe
Ockham

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
Speed is certainly not going to be something Williams wins people over with. Even just watching his form in the 40 was pretty ugly, lot of wasted motion. But I don't think that's a major issue, he's not a track star nor is he going into a sport that requires that.

With J-Rob and Mularkey the obvious pro's of him are he's about the best in the draft in making contested catches (which they're big on). At 18 he could make sense but still doesn't really offer much different than Mathews and Sharpe. He really is so clutch though, gotta give him that.

Making contested catches is important for our receivers because the can't get open.. Wink

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 96 of 100

Jump to: