Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick your breakout players
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imani

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject: Pick your breakout players Reply with quote

Select a player on each side of the football that will significantly improve their stats or output in 2016

Also, how's everybody been?

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SoS

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett seem to be the obvious ones.

Beyond that, I'll say Mark Glowinski has a real chance to prove himself as the best guard we've had since Pete got here. Came out of West Virginia with great technique and quick feet, but needed to get bigger and play with more strength. Tom Cable now reports he is the strongest lineman on the team, followed by Ifedi and Odhiambo. I hope they end up cutting Webb (like we did with Cary last year) and trying Odhiambo at RT.

On defense, I think there's actually quite a few candidates. If Jeremy Lane can suit up 16 games I think he will prove to be a steal for what we signed him for. I also think that if Brandon Browner makes the team (far from a given IMO) he could carve out quite the valuable niche role for us.

I'll stamp my vote for DeShawn Shead, and not just because my sister goes to Portland State. I think he's an extremely valuable asset to this team as both a backup boundary CB, starting NCB, and backup safety. If Browner doesn't make the team, I think it's because they feel Shead can fulfill a similar role.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there seem to be two obvious ones. I do think Frank Clark will have the biggest jump. I believe we'll see he's already a better pass rusher this year than Irvin ever was

On offense, there's not a lot of options if we exclude rookies. I am going to go with Graham with the caveat that he needs to be healthy week 1. He's not going to put up an insane stat line, but I forsee something like 85 catches, 1000 yards, and 9 TDs. TDs being the biggest jump for him

#1 ET Supporter
imani

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Lockett and Jordan Hill for me

brseahawks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be shocked if Frank Clark pulled one of those Cliff Avril-type of seasons where he has a brutal impact on this team, being borderline dominant, without appearing much on the stat sheet.
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
He's not going to put up an insane stat line, but I forsee something like 85 catches, 1000 yards, and 9 TDs. TDs being the biggest jump for him

Those numbers would be insane for a guy coming off a complete patellar tear. I'm honestly expecting Luke to be our leading receiver at TE this season.
Meeker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hyped on Lockett. He was burning people all last season but either inaccuracy or the line not holding up led to incompletions. Expecting a big step up and think he will exceed Baldwin sooner rather than later, and I'm a big Baldwin fan.

Thomas Rawls displayed a complete package last season with some room to improve. 1500 YFS seems reasonable for a injury free year. The late season passing attack with a healthy Rawls, like we saw against the 49ers, Steelers, and Vikings, is drool worthy. If only we had something in front of them...

I'm sure everyone is hoping for someone to blow up on the offensive line. Seeing Gilliam, Glowinski, or Ifedi play at a high level would be a godsend...or all 3, I can dream.

Having either Frank Clark or Jordan Hill step up would be huge. I was big on Hill last offseason, but it didn't materialize.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensive pick is Frank Clark. 8 Sacks & numerous pressures and tackles for loss.

Offensive: I can't go Tyler. He already had a breakout year as a rookie. If Tyler goes 70 for 900 and 8 tds, I don't consider that a breakout. 51 - 664 - 6 is solid rookie numbers & that jump isn't considered big.

I'm counting on Richardson to jump in and grab his share of balls & will have a breakout season going deep and yac. We haven't seen what Paul can do to open up this offense. I'm excited to see a healthy Richardson. 45 - 600 - 5.

I'm not sure how we judge OL except through the "eye test". Gilliam is a paramount key & believe his nimble feet will keep pressure off of RW's blindside & we'll see fewer RW spin moves to the left.

Gotta love this squad.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to say lockett but looks like hes locked up lol. I'll say Christine Michael and Luke Wilson.

Michael: 800yds 5 TDs
Wilson: 600 4 TDs
SoS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
I was going to say lockett but looks like hes locked up lol. I'll say Christine Michael and Luke Wilson.

Luke is a good one. I think he outproduces Jimmy this year.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

Luke is a good one. I think he outproduces Jimmy this year.

Contract year and chemistry with Russ, sounds like his time to shine
imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll believe in Luke production when he stops dropping the easy ones so much. He does everything else pretty well.

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
I'll believe in Luke production when he stops dropping the easy ones so much. He does everything else pretty well.
Agreed. Michaels is a good pick Dools. He could be competing for a lot of minutes

Glowinski is another guy I think will break out, if that counts

#1 ET Supporter
SoS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Agreed. Michaels is a good pick Dools. He could be competing for a lot of minutes

Glowinski is another guy I think will break out, if that counts

I'd say it counts. Glo was my pick.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Clark. Lockett kinda already "broke out" in a way (even though he still has room to grow), but I think Clark is gonna be a monster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: