You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pokemon Go
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 17075
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

weird that a free phone game is pay to win


That's how all free phone games are lol


yet people still complain that you have to buy stuff in the game


No. Thats how poorly made phone games are made. The free to play games made well are not pay to win, they just are pay to progress faster. It can and should be a balanced game with or without buying something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23042
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how this game could possibly be considered pay to win.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
They really screwed up by changing the battle mechanics. Even if the pokemon finding was where it's at now if you could random battle people online and there was a leaderboard/ Pokemon league where there are weekly leagues with rankings and you earned points for your team that would have been so sweet but this feels like a quick cash grab by a company that had no actual plan. Like the poster above said so much wasted potential ( saying this because I don't trust Niatic at all to start displaying any sort of competence.)


Vcp am I following you on Instagram or is that gmen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
I don't understand how this game could possibly be considered pay to win.


It gives you a nice advantage over non payers but just being super active in the game will keep you in the same vicinity as pay to winners
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lions017


Joined: 15 Feb 2009
Posts: 7613
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
I don't understand how this game could possibly be considered pay to win.


It gives you a nice advantage over non payers but just being super active in the game will keep you in the same vicinity as pay to winners


The only way that it could be considered "pay to win" is if you're in more of a rural area. If you live in the city there's no need to buy anything with all of the stops around.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 17075
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
I don't understand how this game could possibly be considered pay to win.


It gives you a nice advantage over non payers but just being super active in the game will keep you in the same vicinity as pay to winners


The only way that it could be considered "pay to win" is if you're in more of a rural area. If you live in the city there's no need to buy anything with all of the stops around.


Agreed, although it has moved slightly more in that direction by decreasing the catch rate for pretty much all pokemon, to the point where its almost impossible to catch something on the first time above 100 cp unless you use a razz berry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
I don't understand how this game could possibly be considered pay to win.


It gives you a nice advantage over non payers but just being super active in the game will keep you in the same vicinity as pay to winners


The only way that it could be considered "pay to win" is if you're in more of a rural area. If you live in the city there's no need to buy anything with all of the stops around.


Lucky eggs tho
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 17075
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
yankee0724 wrote:
I don't understand how this game could possibly be considered pay to win.


It gives you a nice advantage over non payers but just being super active in the game will keep you in the same vicinity as pay to winners


The only way that it could be considered "pay to win" is if you're in more of a rural area. If you live in the city there's no need to buy anything with all of the stops around.


Lucky eggs tho


You still have to catch like 150 pidgeys for it to be useful once you get past level 20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Victor Cruz Pun


Joined: 11 Feb 2012
Posts: 10336
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
They really screwed up by changing the battle mechanics. Even if the pokemon finding was where it's at now if you could random battle people online and there was a leaderboard/ Pokemon league where there are weekly leagues with rankings and you earned points for your team that would have been so sweet but this feels like a quick cash grab by a company that had no actual plan. Like the poster above said so much wasted potential ( saying this because I don't trust Niatic at all to start displaying any sort of competence.)


Vcp am I following you on Instagram or is that gmen


Prolly Gmen I don't even have an instagram shrug emoji.
_________________
mission27 wrote:
I would consider myself an extremely aggressive person, though not violent.

For example, I once attacked a stray dog.


thelawoffices wrote:
You guys are dumb af


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 23042
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are saying "Good job, Niantic" on the subreddit for them literally doing the bare minimum and posting on their twitter page about issues with the game.

They posted yesterday that a new bug is affecting accuracy, increasing the odds of escape and messing with the xp bonus.

They posted this YESTERDAY about something that has been going on for nearly a WEEK now.

And people are praising them. That's how low they've set their expectations.
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
People are saying "Good job, Niantic" on the subreddit for them literally doing the bare minimum and posting on their twitter page about issues with the game.

They posted yesterday that a new bug is affecting accuracy, increasing the odds of escape and messing with the xp bonus.

They posted this YESTERDAY about something that has been going on for nearly a WEEK now.

And people are praising them. That's how low they've set their expectations.
It's a start at least. People are hoping that if they see the positive response their communicating brings they will continue to do it. They've got a lot of work to do to fix their game and rebuild the trust but at least talking with the user base is a start.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weedles are straight up the hardest things to catch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Weedles are straight up the hardest things to catch
I'd say Zubats, Weedles are definitely up there though.

The new update was a bit underwhelming but they are doing a test for a new form of tracking that uses pokestops as a reference point. It's all very tilted to city players but it's a start and the new "sightings" feature at least refreshes and adds new pokemon when they spawn and removes ones when they are out of range or leave your map.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Weedles are straight up the hardest things to catch
I'd say Zubats, Weedles are definitely up there though.

The new update was a bit underwhelming but they are doing a test for a new form of tracking that uses pokestops as a reference point. It's all very tilted to city players but it's a start and the new "sightings" feature at least refreshes and adds new pokemon when they spawn and removes ones when they are out of range or leave your map.


I just used like 6 great balls on a 96 weedle and 6 on a bulbasaur and both ran away then I found my first tauros 556 cp n got him on the first go
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeEvans


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 25177
Location: 410 MD
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
Tyty wrote:
Weedles are straight up the hardest things to catch
I'd say Zubats, Weedles are definitely up there though.

The new update was a bit underwhelming but they are doing a test for a new form of tracking that uses pokestops as a reference point. It's all very tilted to city players but it's a start and the new "sightings" feature at least refreshes and adds new pokemon when they spawn and removes ones when they are out of range or leave your map.


I just used like 6 great balls on a 96 weedle and 6 on a bulbasaur and both ran away then I found my first tauros 556 cp n got him on the first go
Yeah, I can't believe they didn't fix the catch rates in the update. It's really, really bad.
_________________

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group