Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #30
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimeForChange

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to jinx it but Yonder Alonso and Jason Vargas have been having MVP type years. From two waiver wire scrubs to arguably having the best years at their respective positions.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naga's starting pitching for today so far;

Severino- 2.1 IP, 6H, 3ER, 3BB, 2K
Gausman (benched) - 3.1 IP, 9H, 5ER, 2BB, 3K
Nova (still going) - .2 IP, 3H, 2ER, 1BB, 0K

Not a good showing. Laughing

I don't know what's wrong with Gausman, but I'm pretty close to losing hope that he'll turn it around. He doesn't look like he belongs right now.

Nova is due for regression and will be fine, but it stinks while it's happening.

Severino is just gonna do this every once in a while. He's young and volatile.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Johnson is available to anyone in need of a closer. Good cost effective option... I'd probably want a low pick or just a different player. (one that would make my roster.)
davisblack

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Block

Madison Bumgarner
Jake Arrieta
Mike Leake
Robbie Ray
Rick Porcello
Jarad Eickhoff
Michael Wacha
Arlodis Chapman
Mark Melancon

Giancarlo Stanton
Ryan Braun
Ian Kinsler
Mark Trumbo
Albert Pujols
Anthony Rendon
Adam Duvall
Yuli Gurriel
Chris Davis

Hit me up if you are interested.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Deal:

XF40 Gets:
Brandon Phillips, Atl 2B
Corey Knebel, Mil RP
Noah Syndergaard*, NYM SP

SAX Gets:
Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B
Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B
Stephen Strasburg, Wsh SP
Edwin Diaz, Sea RP
Ken Giles, Hou RP

*No picks involved.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
New Deal:

XF40 Gets:
Brandon Phillips, Atl 2B
Corey Knebel, Mil RP

SAX Gets:
Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B
Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B
Edwin Diaz, Sea RP
Ken Giles, Hou RP

*No picks involved.

Accepted. As much as I didn't want to get rid of Thor, I need some power and I sure hope Miggy can provide that. I have a group of guys coming back that along with the keeper level guys I already had make for s strong group. Price on the upswing and a Sale still dominating made this easier. Let's get that bat hot Miggy.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
nagahide13

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a good deal. X gets the best player for the next 8 years, but basically has to take a huge hit to get it done since Syndergaard is out for a while and he hadda give up so much. He is also quietly building an incredibly strong set of really young keepers... Syndergaard, Seager, Conforto, Bellinger (makes that Miggy loss a whole lot easier to take) + Josh Donaldson. That could be a really, really nice group.

SAX basically gets half of another really good team and is instantly super strong.
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a list of updated picks?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems awfully one sided to me. But I guess I don't see the gap between Strasburg and Thor as being that wide. Both seem to have injury issues that take away innings, both are high K guys, with Stras on the better team now. This seems like a fair trade without Miggy to me. One would have got more help this year while the other gets the future but both are comparable. But that's the thing with values, we all have different ideas of guys perceived value.
LION KING

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Does anyone have a list of updated picks?

I am on vacation away from home so NO not here but later when I get back on the 22nd I will post them if needed!

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
LION KING

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
New Deal:

XF40 Gets:
Brandon Phillips, Atl 2B
Corey Knebel, Mil RP

SAX Gets:
Dustin Pedroia, Bos 2B
Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B
Edwin Diaz, Sea RP
Ken Giles, Hou RP

*No picks involved.

Its a solid deal I rather have Syndergaard as a keeper going forward but this year to win now I rather have Stras and Cabby & Pedroia so X gets keeper value in THOR long term yet even Stras has some keeper value going forward.

Good deal for both.

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
Detroitlions703

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Seems awfully one sided to me. But I guess I don't see the gap between Strasburg and Thor as being that wide. Both seem to have injury issues that take away innings, both are high K guys, with Stras on the better team now. This seems like a fair trade without Miggy to me. One would have got more help this year while the other gets the future but both are comparable. But that's the thing with values, we all have different ideas of guys perceived value.

I thought the same thing, but I can also see why both of them made the trade.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroitlions703 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

I thought the same thing, but I can also see why both of them made the trade.

I can see why X made the trade, just feels like a vast overpayment to me. But again, I understand everyone values guys differently. Just feels like a sell really low, buy really high type of deal, which is odd given Strasburg was a better/more highly regarded prospect than Syndergaard, they have similar career stats, similar season stats, and both have injury histories. I would rather have Noah now, but not enough to throw Miggy and a couple closers on top of the deal. I understand X wanting to play for the future but if that was the case I am shocked he didn't get a few really high picks back in the deal.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was certainly an interesting deal, and typically more than I would normally consider. I'll try to explain my thought process.

Miguel Cabrera is going to be 35 to start next season. I fully expect him to be one of those bats that can hit well into his 40's, but I REALLY wanted to keep Bellinger over him. I've shopped him around for almost a year and the interest level was surprisingly low. I had to figure out a way to move him, because the last thing I wanted to do was have to drop him into the draft pool for nothing or trade him for a 3rd round pick when everyone starts selling. There may have been someone out there willing to give a 1st round pick plus something, or even just a first I suppose, but I wouldn't have been able to flip that pick for Syndergaard. He would have cost a fortune in picks and set me back another year. This has also been by FAR his worst March/April offensively of his entire career, and his pacing for May is on track for the same. He'll probably rebound, but who knows. He's only getting older. I don't think his value was going to be huge later on, so I went for it.

Strasburg is another really weird piece. He's a really good power pitcher and is backed by arguably the best team in baseball. But, people just didn't want him either. I've shopped him around a LOT. Outside of his 2014 season where he threw 242 K's, he's never topped 200. He has also significantly faded down the stretch every year in terms of K's and a few other categories if you look at his splits, and he's been injured and unable to help me in the playoffs when I've owned him. The year I won I did so with him being next to useless when I needed him. With that said, he's a really good pitcher and he's very useful during the season. I find him far more useful in points leagues.

Giles and Diaz were to help Sax this year. Both should help in K's. Hopefully Diaz doesn't lose his job. Pedroia is a nice depth piece for him this year, but he fell in the draft and wasn't a keeper at this point so I don't mind losing him. I can replace him with Peraza to a lesser extent.

Injuries have really hit my team hard this year. The guys I took as support pitchers to eat innings had really strong spring's, but they have really fallen off during the start of the season. Losing Donaldson, JD and Liriano hurt. Then Blake Snell got sent down because he can't figure out how to throw the ball over the plate and get past the 5th inning. I figured it was as good a time as any to make a move.

Speaking of injuries, I think Syndergaard just needs to realize that he doesn't need to throw as hard as possible to prove something. I'm not worried about him moving forward. I think he'll be alright (hopefully). But now that I've said that I guarantee his arm will fall off in July when he comes back. Laughing

I've tried to talk a deal with a few owners for various SP's and it was really hard to discuss a deal that didn't involve Seager, which is totally understandable since I was looking to add one of the top few guys at the position. So, in an effort to keep Seager, I packaged Strasburg and Cabrera. Both solid keepers, but I really feel like in the long term I came away with one of the top 5 pitchers in the league and I did so without moving a single draft pick.

I consider that a win considering my goals, and Sax wins in his own way as well. I'll move forward with Bellinger, Seager, Donaldson, Conforto and Syndergaard as keepers, and Sax can make a run or flip those pieces for whatever he wants. I try to make deals that work for both people, and I think we were able to do that and save all of our picks in the process.

That's kind of where I was coming from with everything.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Giles and Diaz were to help Sax this year. Both should help in K's. Hopefully Diaz doesn't lose his job.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 50 of 78

Jump to: