You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Fridge's Failing Health

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: The Fridge's Failing Health Reply with quote

One of the best things about William “The Refrigerator” Perry, who took America by storm as a 300-plus pound rookie defensive tackle-turned-running back on the 1985 Bears, was his infectious smile. So maybe when he says he’s happy, we should all just be happy for him.

“I’m home,” Perry told Rick Telander of Sports Illustrated on a visit to Perry’s South Carolina home. “And I’m happy. I can’t say everything is peachy keen, but I’m still enjoying life. I love Chicago, but there’s no place like home.”

The picture Telander paints of Perry, however, is less than happy. According to Sports Illustrated, Perry drinks too much, his weight has ballooned to somewhere in the range of 430 to 450 pounds, he rarely sees his four kids or his two ex-wives, he lives alone in a retirement facility, the money he made playing football is long gone, he has both physical and mental ailments, and his doctor says he’s taking pills he shouldn’t take and not taking the medication he needs to take.

Perry’s brother, former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Michael Dean Perry, was appointed by a judge to be William’s guardian and conservator because William was in such bad shape that he could no longer care for himself. Perry’s son Willie thinks his uncle Michael Dean isn’t caring for his dad and wants guardianship for himself, an accusation that Michael Dean says is false. The Fridge’s old coach Mike Ditka says he seems to have given up on life.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/27/refrigerator-perry-is-struggling-but-says-hes-happy/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
bkokot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really sad.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fridge has been a train-wreck for a long time now. Apparently, he just doesn't care if he lives or dies and that's really very sad.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His Super Bowl ring size is the largest of any professional football player in the history of the event. His ring size is 25, while the ring size for the average adult male is between 10 and 12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Perry_(American_football)

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a while ago that he wasn't right in the head, barely knows he is or something. I think it was on 30 for 30 maybe
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
His Super Bowl ring size is the largest of any professional football player in the history of the event. His ring size is 25, while the ring size for the average adult male is between 10 and 12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Perry_(American_football)

Jeeze. I think I have like size 9 lol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: