You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Cubs Thread v3 - Perpetually .500
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Chicago Cubs Thread v3 - Perpetually .500 Reply with quote

Previous Threads
Cubs Thread V2
I can't find v1 Laughing

History
Franchise Index
Chicago Cubs Wiki

Roster
Active Roster
40 Man Roster

Prospects
Top 30

'

Last edited by RaykwonDaChef on Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:05 pm; edited 22 times in total
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love when Addison catches one, Mini-Pop is always exciting.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are playing so bad right now... Sad
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:

We are, and it sucks to watch. But slumps like these are bound to happen. Not sure which broadcaster was saying this but the other night one of them made a comment about how even the best of teams still lose 60+ games. That's two straight months of all losing. We're dealing with a whole bunch of injuries and a lot of guys are just exhausted right now. I imagine after the all star break we'll be back on track.

And just think - 2-3 years ago this wouldn't be considered a slump, this would be the status quo.

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Flounch

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i guess i will take the slump now instead of september and october Very Happy
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll be fine. We have a lot of youth, and guys playing multiple positions and we still have a 10 game lead. The pitching is in a slump, both starting and relief. I think we need a stud middle relief, ours are a bit suspect. Starters will come around...just too much talent and experience for them not to.

Loving watching the cubbies again, it's nice to see winning baseball on the north side again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRLacher wrote:
I think we'll be fine. We have a lot of youth, and guys playing multiple positions and we still have a 10 game lead. The pitching is in a slump, both starting and relief. I think we need a stud middle relief, ours are a bit suspect. Starters will come around...just too much talent and experience for them not to.

Loving watching the cubbies again, it's nice to see winning baseball on the north side again.

GRRRRR!!! You're alive!

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Tyty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:

GRRRRR!!! You're alive!

Nice
hrubes20

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Flounch wrote:

We are, and it sucks to watch. But slumps like these are bound to happen. Not sure which broadcaster was saying this but the other night one of them made a comment about how even the best of teams still lose 60+ games. That's two straight months of all losing. We're dealing with a whole bunch of injuries and a lot of guys are just exhausted right now. I imagine after the all star break we'll be back on track.

And just think - 2-3 years ago this wouldn't be considered a slump, this would be the status quo.

These are the culprits right now, IMO. Right in the middle of the longest stretch of the year without a day off. It also just so happens that Soler, Fowler, and La Stella are on the DL (and Meatball Crying or Very sad ), and Zobrist, Rizzo, Hammel and Montero are banged up. As you said, it's tough to watch, but the lead they put together to start the year allows them to go through this rough patch.

But man, it feels like 2014 again. The big league team is getting fun contributions from a rookie (Contreras) and there are all sorts of good things happening in the minors. My post would be a dang book if I went through every positive minor league performer so far this season. (Knocks on wood) The farm has had most everything go right this year, and will be taking a huge step forward in the rankings, even with the graduation of Contreras and the fact that we didn't have a draft pick in the first 2 rounds.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:

GRRRRR!!! You're alive!

Very Happy
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBOOM having a game for the ages. Just put together a statline that no one has put together at least since 1913, and possibly has never been done.

Live like you're down 3-1
hrubes20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
KBOOM having a game for the ages. Just put together a statline that no one has put together at least since 1913, and possibly has never been done.

He increased his fWAR total by 0.6 yesterday. That's ridiculous. Now tied for 5th best in the game, and tops in the NL for hitters. Also just 1 HR behind Chris Davis for most in the bigs. He's pretty good at this baseball thing.

It's still pathetic that it took a historic game from KB to come away with the win. Even Arrieta is in a terrible pitching funk. We all knew that there was going to be some regression from Lackey/Hammel/Hendricks, but I didn't think it would all come at once. Just ugly. Good thing pretty much our entire farm system is having a good year, so we can move a few for pitching help if need be.

Also, the corpse of Joel Peralta can go away now.

Big thanks to Big_Palooka on the sig!
malak1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
GRRLacher wrote:

GRRRRR!!! You're alive!

Applause
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cubs have been absolutely raking in GAB this season.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go easy on us tomorrow, we're fragile. Laughing Crying or Very sad

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 1 of 68

Jump to: