You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Houston Rockets Thread: CP3!!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Official Houston Rockets Thread: CP3!!!! Reply with quote

General Manager: Darryl Morey
Head Coach: Mike D'Antoni

Roster:

PF Ryan Anderson
SF Trevor Ariza
C Tarik Black
C Clint Capela
SG Eric Gordon
SG James Harden
PF Shawn Long
SF Luc Mbah a Moute
C Nene
C Chinanu Onuaku
PG Chris Paul
PF Zhou Qi
SF PJ Tucker
SF Troy Williams

New Thread is about to reach 100 pages

Last edited by Texansfan713 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:51 pm; edited 28 times in total
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, I was gonna try and sneak in the next thread so we could get a few more positive sub titles Smile

on the draft, I really like Onuaaku. Dude is a physical freak. 6ft 10 245 pounds with only 8% body fat. He is built like a mack truck.

This is the type of roll player you can get in the 2nd round. Hes a guy who can be your back up big off the bench that comes in for 12-15 minutes a night and uses his fouls, bangs around with some toughness and gets rebounds.

Qi is thin as could be but hes 7ft 1 without shoes and keeps us in with the china market which helps sell free agents, dwight loved it. Hes got a standing reach of 9 1/2 feet and a 32 inch vertical.....thats just crazy. dude wouldnt lose many jump balls.

Quote:
Zhou, DraftExpress' No. 26 prospect, led the Chinese Basketball Association in blocks per game and per minute this year, comfortably edging out former NBA players Samuel Dalembert, Greg Oden, Dominic McGuire and Jerome Jordan with 3.2 blocks in 34 minutes per game. He also added 15.8 points and 9.8 rebounds, shooting 60 percent from the field and 76 percent from the free-throw line. His ability to stretch defenses beyond the three-point line, while providing a shot-blocking presence in the paint, is coveted in today's NBA.

He needs to stay in china a year or two and put on about 30 pounds, even if it costs him a few inches on his vertical. oh and he hits over 70% from the free throw line.

could be a great draft and stash guy for us
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any ideas about the thread title just let me know and I will edit it. Laughing

Its sad that Im more excited about our UDFA signings than our 2nd rounders.

I get that Onaaku is a beast defensively but his offense needs a lot of work. I mean the guy shoots FT's underhanded. Im willing to bet he will be in the d-league mostly all season..

Qi has potential but he needs to hit the weight room HARD. I think he is 2-3 years away from coming over. By that time I expect Harden to leave this team and Morey gone. No way does this pick have any bearing on free agency.

As for the UDFA's

I like Payton Jr. Thought he should have been one of our picks round 2. I think he will make the team. At worst he can be a solid backup because he does one thing at an elite level and that's defend. He is also a good rebounder for his size. Wish he develops a jump shot but he can get the rim and has amazing athleticism.

Wiltjer is one of if not the best shooter in this draft. That's probably the one thing he does very good, but he has stetch 4 potential. Can be mad at signing him because we desperately need shooting.

After the draft I was wondering if Isaiah Taylor stayed another year at Texas, then someone texted me saying we signed him as an UDFA. At one point he had first round potential. Dude is quick as hell with the ball which is something D'Antoni likes. Very good ball handler and very good passer. Defense is pretty good as well. Like Payton, he needs to improve his shooting. I think he can make the team as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the odds are good that we keep Harden. He won't turn down the crazy max we can give him plus he's the alpha male here and I don't see him joining someone else's team.

I guess if we miss the playoffs the next two year or something like that he might leave.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumors say we are targeting 4 max players: Durant, Horford,
whiteside and Anderson

Other rumors suggest horford and Durant won't consider us and that whiteside is looking for a quick decision.

Ryan Anderson would be a nice pick up, so would whiteside. I think Capela has whiteside potential but he's a better free throw shooter than Capela. I would package Capela, Ariza and Brewer to make a trade, targeting guys like Korvor or Reddick, if we could land one of them that would be bank
MMAJunkie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint Capela making peanuts is better than offering Whiteside a max contract, IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MMAJunkie wrote:
Clint Capela making peanuts is better than offering Whiteside a max contract, IMO.

Depends on what the league does with the hack a Shaq because Capela is terrible and whiteside isn't that bad.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor is we will bring back DMo, not sure how I feel about this. He has a solid offesive game but he wasn't the same after back surgery. Maybe the thinking is he's gonna be healthy now and Dantoni can make him a beast in his system.

Still I would t give him over 8 million per
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream scenario would be to trade away Ariza and Brewer and sign Horford, batum and deng.

Beverly/Harden/Batum/Deng/Horford
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you guys bringing back josh smith? How is he as a rim protector now a days? We really need a stretch big who can protect the rim and roll to the basket. I believe he's tight with Lebron. Would be a nice vet min guy for us.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Are you guys bringing back josh smith? How is he as a rim protector now a days? We really need a stretch big who can protect the rim and roll to the basket. I believe he's tight with Lebron. Would be a nice vet min guy for us.

He's not the athlete that he once was and he's not a stretch anything. Guy will get hot but most of the time he can't shoot.

He's a good ball handler and playmaker for his size but once he decides to shoot it's over.

He's probably not coming back.
1King

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:

YES. He's awesome on both ends of the floor. ESPECIALLY as a shooter.

Cleveland should definitely sign him, the longer the deal, the better.

Twisted Evil

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironic, Josh Smith is the perfect fit for D'Antoni's offense, but there is no way in hell he comes back for next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New rumors say we are interested in Conley, Bazemore and Eroc Gordon

Bazemore is a younger better Ariza and Gordon would be a decent 6th man. Conley would be a big name but I don't love his fit next to harden in a Dantoni's offense.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the hype with Bazemore. Sure he plays defense, but he isn't a very good shooter from three. Just look in the playoffs this past season. He shot 26 percent!

Gordon cant stay healthy so I don't want him. Wouldn't mind Conley. I think he could flourish in D'Antoni's offense and is actually a serviceable shooter from 3.

Still think if we strike out in FA we should blow this team up and start the rebuild like what the Bulls are doing. I don't want this to be another situation where we were picking 14th for 3 straight drafts.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 1 of 33

Jump to: