You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/nfl-scouting-combine-2017-player-measurement-tracker/

David Sharpe is huge. Is he any good?
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I love McKinley, but A) we don't have a need at edge rusher, and B) he's going earlier than 24th overall.

The problem with the pass rush with the interior and I'm an advocate for fixing it via free agency. We also can't forget that we have a run defense problem, too.

To your:
A) I believe we do. Mack and Irvin were on the field wayyyy to much last year. We were one injury away from having absolutely zero pass rush (if one of those two went down). I want aldon back of coarse, but I'm not holding my breathe..guy will probably get a dui before the day after the draft ends.

B) I would think your right. He looks extremely talented. But people like mayock have him as the 5th best DE . This is a very deep DE draft, so I think he should be there. Not that it matters where mock drafts have him, but I haven't seen him mocked earlier than our pick. But some of these guys doing mocks our idiots..I don't even look at kipers mock.
The eye ball test tells me he's a top 15 pick. But this year is extremely deep at DE.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
http://www.fanragsports.com/nfl/nfl-scouting-combine-2017-player-measurement-tracker/

I haven't watched a second of him play. But anytime your drafting a 20 year old who weighs over 320, I'm concerned.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
To your:
A) I believe we do. Mack and Irvin were on the field wayyyy to much last year. We were one injury away from having absolutely zero pass rush (if one of those two went down). I want aldon back of coarse, but I'm not holding my breathe..guy will probably get a dui before the day after the draft ends.

B) I would think your right. He looks extremely talented. But people like mayock have him as the 5th best DE . This is a very deep DE draft, so I think he should be there. Not that it matters where mock drafts have him, but I haven't seen him mocked earlier than our pick. But some of these guys doing mocks our idiots..I don't even look at kipers mock.
The eye ball test tells me he's a top 15 pick. But this year is extremely deep at DE.

Do you think we should spend a first round pick at edge depth? We drafted Calhoun in the 3rd round last year and James Cowser showed some promise. I wouldn't mind adding another guy but not before the 5th round.

McKinley will easily go top 20 when he runs 4.5 at the combine.

Quote:

He's a guard in the NFL, and probably a backup at that. College DEs blow by him with ease.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
To your:

Do you think we should spend a first round pick at edge depth? We drafted Calhoun in the 3rd round last year and James Cowser showed some promise. I wouldn't mind adding another guy but not before the 5th round.

Quote:

He's a guard in the NFL, and probably a backup at that. College DEs blow by him with ease.

I wouldn't call it depth. I think he can outplay Irvin. And how much long do we plan on keeping Irvin? I don't know? I believe he signed a 3 year deal. Nothing wrong with having 3 very good DE's. We will find a way to get them on the field.
THE MAD STORK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
To your:

Quote:

I wouldn't call it depth. I think he can outplay Irvin. And how much long do we plan on keeping Irvin? I don't know? I believe he signed a 3 year deal. Nothing wrong with having 3 very good DE's. We will find a way to get them on the field.

Also, Calhoun has shown absolutely zero sign of anything promising. And cowser (although I like him as a UDFA story) is not going to stop me from drafting a DE.

We do have a couple bigger needs. But If he's on the board when we pick, I'd be ecstatic to have him. But your right, he should be off the board.but we shall see. It's a very good draft class. Lots of talent. Especially at DE
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we won't draft him but I want Joe Mixon really badly. It's essentially getting a player of Zeke, Fournette, or Cook's talent in the 2nd or 3rd round. It's so easy to imagine him being a negative headline for this off-season, having a pro bowl year, and then nobody remembering the incident for the rest of his career.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:
I know we won't draft him but I want Joe Mixon really badly. It's essentially getting a player of Zeke, Fournette, or Cook's talent in the 2nd or 3rd round. It's so easy to imagine him being a negative headline for this off-season, having a pro bowl year, and then nobody remembering the incident for the rest of his career.

Yup and I can see us being the perfect team to rally around him and make him being in the lockerroom a non issue. It's a long shot for sure but would be incredible on the field. He is gonna be special for someone.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
I love McKinley, but A) we don't have a need at edge rusher, and B) he's going earlier than 24th overall.

The problem with the pass rush with the interior and I'm an advocate for fixing it via free agency. We also can't forget that we have a run defense problem, too.

Agree with the last part. With Williams poor year and Jelly doing very little, NT was a problem for us. Add that to the other DT spot being a significant hole, I'd like us to invest in this area this offseason. I hope we can add a FA, perhaps to replace Williams, but would also like to add someone in the draft if the value is there. There are a few guys early-ish and late that could easily displace one of Ellis, Mcgee, Autry or Latham.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:
To your:

Quote:

I just don't see it I'm happy Cowser got a sack but Taylor ran right into him. Irvin is no spring chicken if a pass rusher is BPA it should be a no brainer

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyHarry wrote:

I just don't see it I'm happy Cowser got a sack but Taylor ran right into him. Irvin is no spring chicken if a pass rusher is BPA it should be a no brainer

Irvin isn't even 30 and had a very good season overall. He's under contract for 3 more years. Obviously, Mack is one of the best edge rushers in the league. They combined for 18 sacks which is pretty good coming from your 2 edge guys. The problem is we basically didn't get anything from the rest of our D. If we want to improve our pass rush, we need to get pressure from the inside. There's hope MEJ will provide some of that. Maybe Ward will start contributing there as well. And hopefully, we add another piece to that mix in FA or the draft. But i don't think another edge rusher will make much of a difference for now. So i wouldn't say it's a no brainer.
mct288

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: edge rusher:. If we didn't have more defensive holes, I would be completely cool with adding a guy like Takkarist McKinley. That would be a similar pick to when the Broncos got Shane Ray. Wasn't a need, but was flat out good value. However, they did not have the holes at that time that the Raiders do now.

I would like to get a Keionta Davis type at the right price (3rd day) to push the Cowsers of the world off the roster, and to compete with Calhoun. A good value at that position will always be hard to pass up, but Davis might do himself some favors this week and improve his stock into a day 2 pick.
attack_in_s/b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
Chwf3rd25 wrote:

Yup and I can see us being the perfect team to rally around him and make him being in the lockerroom a non issue. It's a long shot for sure but would be incredible on the field. He is gonna be special for someone.

IMO he's the best rb in a loaded draft class and by far the most pro-ready - the incident will be forgotten about quickly because I can see him hitting 1000 all-purpose yards as a rookie easily unless he's buried on a depth chart. He's got elite vision you can't really teach, his pass catching ability allows him to stay on the field and use him in a variety of different ways. Great elusiveness and a stiff arm to match, makes things happen by himself.

IMO Cooke and fournette won't give you that. Especially fournette, he's a freight train and if you let him pick up speed in the 2nd level he'll punish smaller defenders, but if you get hands on him at the line or block the designed lane he's pretty much dead to rights - I can't believe how everyone is over looking how useless he was against bama twice. I get they're the best defence in the nation, but imo it's not a valid excuse if you're comparing someone to bo Jackson.
drfrey13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone checked out Jalen Robinette. Just started looking into him since I saw his combine measurements this morning. Looks like a great replacement for Holmes if he leaves and has more upside. He looks like he has everything you can not teach but little o what you can. Needs a lot of work on his routes but Crabtree and Cooper could help a lot in the area. I think a 4th or 5th would be good area to consider him.

Robinette, Jalen Air Force HT: 6027 WT: 220 Hands: 10 7/8
Trojan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aldon Smith, if you are counting on him or not, is still on our roster and is still an edge rusher. Shilique Calhoun also was a third round pick last year and could develop into an edge rusher.

NT like Roderick Henderson could do work if he transitions well to the pros as a late pick. There's also a lot of run stuffers potentially available in FA like Brandon Williams, Dontari Poe, and Johnathan Hankins.

A penetrating 3tech or base end (whichever Mario plays less snaps at) would also be helpful. Someone like Malik McDowell (base end), Caleb Brantley (3tech) or Jaleel Johnson (3tech).

I mostly want a CB/FS/RB/DL are the strengths of this draft and deep and I hope we hit those positions with BPA in the mid rounds, and hopefully someone like Haason Reddick in the first unless the team likes a Jarrad Davis, Zach Cunningham or the concussion thing puts Reuben Foster into range.

I'd love it if someone else jumped on Chris Godwin's (Penn State WR) bandwagon with me, because I'd like to read more Raiders fans thoughts on him.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: