You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Lamp has short arms. I guess he could be an emergency RT but he's an interior OL.
He does but played better than others despite it. What I am saying unless you think Bolles is pro bowl RT or starting caliber LT why would you take him over another OL who is pro bowl caliber at interior and can also give you pretty much the same performance if not better at RT. With a 1st round pick at least. After 1st round you can take more risks on development.
reddevil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
^^ I like the pick in that scenario.

I think I like Bolles there. He's an insta-start at RT and easy transition to LT in a year. We'd be lucky to get a full 10 years our of him with his age, but he'd be like drafting a quality free agent.

I like Bolles there too. We really need to address OT, if Penn were to go down wed be skrewed.
For everyone but if you expect him to be a RT why not take Lamp who is a better player that can play all across the line and be just as good of a RT as Bolles even though his size is more suited to interior. Even if we picked Bolles in 2nd round I wouldnt consider it address the position. KO is and likely will be our best backup solution to Penn this year. Not sure Bolles would be any better than Watson at LT.

Agree with last part especially. I see very few potential LTs in this draft, if any. Certainly no sure fire guys. I am fine with people liking Robinson, Bolles etc at 24 as a RT - I'd personally rather not use our 1st rounder on this position but can see why some would. But just because Penn is getting on and there is a concern about it being a hole in the future shouldn't cloud people's thoughts about the players in this draft's potential to fill in at LT or become our LTotf. KO will do fine as a replacement if needed for now. I would be happy to wait until a better draft for OTs, which are usually much stronger than this one.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Lamp has short arms. I guess he could be an emergency RT but he's an interior OL.
He does but played better than others despite it. What I am saying unless you think Bolles is pro bowl RT or starting caliber LT why would you take him over another OL who is pro bowl caliber at interior and can also give you pretty much the same performance if not better at RT. With a 1st round pick at least. After 1st round you can take more risks on development.

Because we have no need for another interior OL, and especially not in the 1st. And like i said, Lamp doesn't project to OT in the pros. So why would we draft him? Where we disagree is that you believe he can play OT.
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reddevil wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

I think I like Bolles there. He's an insta-start at RT and easy transition to LT in a year. We'd be lucky to get a full 10 years our of him with his age, but he'd be like drafting a quality free agent.

I like Bolles there too. We really need to address OT, if Penn were to go down wed be skrewed.
For everyone but if you expect him to be a RT why not take Lamp who is a better player that can play all across the line and be just as good of a RT as Bolles even though his size is more suited to interior. Even if we picked Bolles in 2nd round I wouldnt consider it address the position. KO is and likely will be our best backup solution to Penn this year. Not sure Bolles would be any better than Watson at LT.

Agree with last part especially. I see very few potential LTs in this draft, if any. Certainly no sure fire guys. I am fine with people liking Robinson, Bolles etc at 24 as a RT - I'd personally rather not use our 1st rounder on this position but can see why some would. But just because Penn is getting on and there is a concern about it being a hole in the future shouldn't cloud people's thoughts about the players in this draft's potential to fill in at LT or become our LTotf. KO will do fine as a replacement if needed for now. I would be happy to wait until a better draft for OTs, which are usually much stronger than this one.

Yup I agree with Tiberius. I'd even go further and say that KO could be our LT-OTF. It's much easier and cheaper value wise to find a stud at G than at Tackle. We have a guy that has proven that he can play the position at a high level in KO. It's a luxury that we have at the moment. I still see us investing in a RT but looking forward with the young guys we have on the roster and our cap situation it just makes sense to move KO and fill the easier positions. Vadal and Kirkland could both develop into solid RG IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE Adam Shaheen aka baby kelce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJLRgh2vp4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBl6Duiy48

mid-late round gem?

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

mid-late round gem?

Alot to like there. Only questions is why is he in DII? And can he learn to block enough to be useful to an NFL team?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

mid-late round gem?

Alot to like there. Only questions is why is he in DII? And can he learn to block enough to be useful to an NFL team?

all i could find was he's a ex basketball player with 2 years of college football under his belt but played both sports in high school.

Ashland is in ohio so kinda surprised he didnt get recruited by a bigger college

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

mid-late round gem?

all i could find was he's a ex basketball player with 2 years of college football under his belt but played both sports in high school.

Ashland is in ohio so kinda surprised he didnt get recruited by a bigger college

Been a lot of talk, if he blows up at the combine he could be a day 2 pick. I personally wouldn't touch him that early based of pure physical tools but he is an interesting prospect.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
reddevil wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Yup I agree with Tiberius. I'd even go further and say that KO could be our LT-OTF. It's much easier and cheaper value wise to find a stud at G than at Tackle. We have a guy that has proven that he can play the position at a high level in KO. It's a luxury that we have at the moment. I still see us investing in a RT but looking forward with the young guys we have on the roster and our cap situation it just makes sense to move KO and fill the easier positions. Vadal and Kirkland could both develop into solid RG IMO.

KO can be a serviceable LT but it in the process we would lose an all pro LG. It's the same thing with the Cowboys, Zach Martin could be a pretty good tackle but is that worth it to lose an all pro guard?
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
reddevil wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Big Rob wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

KO can be a serviceable LT but it in the process we would lose an all pro LG. It's the same thing with the Cowboys, Zach Martin could be a pretty good tackle but is that worth it to lose an all pro guard?

Good think we have Gabe that was on the cusp of being a ProBowler at LG before we signed KO. Then we look at the RG position and how much easier it is to get a quality player at that position then to get a quality T let alone a LT. I mean we got guys last year at the end of the draft that could probably play the position at a high level. Even in this draft I see 3-4 guys in the mid round range that project as starters at RG in our system.

It's about maximizing your assets and getting the best value out of your players.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that DE from UCLA takarist mckinnely (spelling?) . I'm surprised I don't see more people mention him as someone they'd target worth our 1st. He looks like he's going to be real good. This draft is very deep at DE.
What are your guys thoughts on him?
raidr4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE MAD STORK wrote:
I love that DE from UCLA takarist mckinnely (spelling?) . I'm surprised I don't see more people mention him as someone they'd target worth our 1st. He looks like he's going to be real good. This draft is very deep at DE.
Because we have way bigger holes.
daineraider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:

I disagree. Pass rush and sacks were a huge issue for us on D last year. Now I believe a DT that can get pressure would be help free up Mack and Irvin, but I believe Irvin would be better suited as an outside LB. So adding a guy like McKinnley and moving Edwards inside as the 3T may not be a bad idea. Now if Aldon gets back and is reinstated I wouldn't worry quite as much about the pass rush, but we aren't sure what's going on with those new allegations yet.

Joe_is_the_best at making sigs
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
THE MAD STORK wrote:

I disagree. Pass rush and sacks were a huge issue for us on D last year. Now I believe a DT that can get pressure would be help free up Mack and Irvin, but I believe Irvin would be better suited as an outside LB. So adding a guy like McKinnley and moving Edwards inside as the 3T may not be a bad idea. Now if Aldon gets back and is reinstated I wouldn't worry quite as much about the pass rush, but we aren't sure what's going on with those new allegations yet.

Irvin is an outside LB in our scheme. In our base set he lines up on the edge with 3 DLinemen and Mack and 2 off the line of scrimmage LBs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love McKinley, but A) we don't have a need at edge rusher, and B) he's going earlier than 24th overall.

The problem with the pass rush with the interior and I'm an advocate for fixing it via free agency. We also can't forget that we have a run defense problem, too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: