Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread version 7.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Just went through the list of ESPN layoffs, the fact that Kuharsky, to the best of my knowledge, was the only team reporter in this round tells me all I need to know about where they prioritize the Titans. It's unbelievable how little the national media cares about this franchise.

When the news broke yesterday, I just kind of assumed it was going to be a dark day for the individual team reporters, and that they might even go back to just one writer per division. It's going to be absolutely hilarious when they bring in Wolf because he's so much cheaper.

Well they did lay off Ed Werner effective immediately. He was a pretty high profile guy.
Oh, there were a lot of names I know/recognized, but only one NFL team reporter. Which means that we're currently slotted to be the only team without an exclusive reporter heading into next season. Obviously that's likely to change, but if they fill PK's job, it's going to come from somebody with far, far less experience around the team.

I thought Werner was their guy for the Cowboys? Admittedly, I just passed by something on twitter that mentioned him covering Dallas.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

I thought Werner was their guy for the Cowboys? Admittedly, I just passed by something on twitter that mentioned him covering Dallas.
I'm pretty sure Werder was just a NFL reporter. He was based out of Dallas and had worked the Cowboys beat in the past, but I think Todd Archer is technically ESPN's Cowboys guy. Though obviously it's Dallas, there's definitely a chance they had three or four guys solely responsible for focusing on the Cowboys.

Props to mike23md on the sig
Farsendor1

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Yahoo. John Ross

Ross declared he could beat Olympic champion Usain Bolt in the 40-yard dash, and even challenged him to a race.

We haven’t yet heard from Bolt, but another Olympian, Christian Coleman of the United States, decided to take up Ross on his challenge.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympic-sprinter-obliterates-john-rosss-40-time-bolt-challenge-111704955.html

That speed is insane I mean we all know there is more to football than speed but Ross set himself up for a beating declaring he could beat olympic sprinters.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home Jeff. Thanks for the draft picks. Cool
I bet that 30 for 30 on Eddie will be good.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2017/05/04/jeff--fisher-moving-nashville/101287378/

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Farsendor1

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Welcome home Jeff. Thanks for the draft picks. Cool
I bet that 30 for 30 on Eddie will be good.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2017/05/04/jeff--fisher-moving-nashville/101287378/

Be even better see him at Titan games. Yes he might have been a one trick pony with a few trick plays up his sleeve but I always liked Fisher.

Although I think he could have handled V.Y better.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Vegas is calling for us to win our division=)

http://www.covers.com/Editorial/Article/32de140c-2e10-11e7-bcfd-005056830dca/NFL-regular-season-win-totals-released-by-South-Point-in-Las-Vegas

Aslo, I found this statemet so funny:

"“He lit us up,’’ Byard said of Davis, the team’s fifth overall pick of the NFL Draft, on Thursday. Davis had eight catches for 183 yards and an 80-yard touchdown vs. MTSU"

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Kevin-Byard-Knows-Titans-Picks-Davis-Taylor-and-Smith-Well/585773b7-85bc-49ba-8239-2b965b408391

2017 Adopt-a-Titan
Delanie Walker
Amy Adams Strunk - MVP Owner
Farsendor1

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Cutler first announcement game will be a pre season game. Bears VS Titans.

He is also in the process of moving to Nashville.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a Mariota Oregon jersey for this coming season. I didn't want to buy a Tennessee one before they rework the jersey, plus green is my favorite color so I was more than pleased. Now I need to wait until Monday for it to arrive. As many jerseys as Oregon has it's rather difficult to find a Mariota jersey in adult large...
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been getting really into dynasty league fantasy football lately.

I started a league about three years ago that's been pretty awesome and fun, but I'm reaching out to see if there's anyone interested in a league that's for the more hardcore type of player.

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:

I started a league about three years ago that's been pretty awesome and fun, but I'm reaching out to see if there's anyone interested in a league that's for the more hardcore type of player.

Yeah, depends on how bad of a team I'd be taking over though.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many people you need

DaQuan Jones

Jayon Brown

Sig By El Ramster
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Start-up stage. $25 yearly buy in. Warning: The benches are literally insane. You're probably gonna be drafting Taywan Taylor at some point. Razz

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
latinoaustino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

Start-up stage. $25 yearly buy in. Warning: The benches are literally insane. You're probably gonna be drafting Taywan Taylor at some point. Razz

I'd do that anyway Laughing I'll get back to you later today with a for sure answer but I'm definitely interested.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headed for Beijing in 5 hours. Would be grand if I could fall asleep before I have to get up at 4 in the morning. Crying or Very sad

I'll let you guys know if I see our president or proxy president while I'm in Moscow. Laughing
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latinoaustino wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
latinoaustino wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:

I'd do that anyway Laughing I'll get back to you later today with a for sure answer but I'm definitely interested.

PM'ed you with the details.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: