Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread version 7.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
tNv, or anyone really, do you have any experience in Central/Eastern Europe?

Wife and I are looking at two weeks in Berlin/Budapest/Vienna/Krakow/Prague (really, probably four of those), just wondering if anyone has any tips/advice.

Yo. Go to Brussels. Decided I'd rather do a week there than a few days in each of the Baltic countries. We can meet up and converse over our misery of the Titans while we drink in the Delirium. Laughing
Hahahaha. We actually just booked our flight last week...to Brussels.

Props to mike23md on the sig
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Wife and I are looking at two weeks in Berlin/Budapest/Vienna/Krakow/Prague (really, probably four of those), just wondering if anyone has any tips/advice.

Yo. Go to Brussels. Decided I'd rather do a week there than a few days in each of the Baltic countries. We can meet up and converse over our misery of the Titans while we drink in the Delirium. Laughing

Wow. No way Laughing We'll be there June 21-28 after St. Petersburg and then head to Dublin for a bit to hang with friends.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Wow. No way Laughing We'll be there June 21-28 after St. Petersburg and then head to Dublin for a bit to hang with friends.
Man, this is crazy. We legit fly out of Brussels on June 20. Laughing

titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Man, this is crazy. We legit fly out of Brussels on June 20. Laughing

June 20... right... a guy can take hint... Crying or Very sad
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are about a year away from ESPN consisting exclusively of live sports and a single-camera talk show that is solely Stephen A. Smith screaming at you about LeBron James.

titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
We are about a year away from ESPN consisting exclusively of live sports and a single-camera talk show that is solely Stephen A. Smith screaming at you about LeBron James.

Looking forward to the 2AM slot of two guys playing catch in the backyard.

"There is no off position on the genius switch!"
tntitans4life17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:

Don't forget the Michael Smith and Jemele Hill "Sports"Center where they talk about everything but sports.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tntitans4life17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Don't forget the Michael Smith and Jemele Hill "Sports"Center where they talk about everything but sports.
I guess I'm mostly unaffected anyways. As a fan of two Milwaukee teams and the Titans, it's been years since any of the teams I care about have gotten real coverage from ESPN. I tried to watch SportsCenter after a Bucks win last week and got 15 seconds of highlights immediately after a full 20 minutes of LeBron talk.

tntitans4life17

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
tntitans4life17 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

I guess I'm most unaffected anyways. As a fan of two Milwaukee teams and the Titans, it's been years since any of the teams I care about have gotten real coverage from ESPN. I tried to watch SportsCenter after a Bucks win last week and got 15 seconds of highlights immediately after a full 20 minutes of LeBron talk.

Yeah, the only time I ever put ESPN on anymore is for live sports, 30 for 30 documentaries, or for a specific clip of a show that has a player or someone on it that I want to see. Really, I don't watch ESPN or FS1 for any highlights for the reasons you listed. Never any Titans or Preds coverage on the big networks and my college (Kansas) gets attention but nearly enough as the eastern schools. I mainly listen to radio now and just watch things online from the teams I follow. Really is a shame ESPN has become what they are. If they had kept a SportsCenter as truly what it was, the highlights, and added the political/LeBron/Non Sports in general stuff to a different program, I wouldn't mind.

Have you watched any EPSNNews lately? I haven't in several years but I remember it used to be strictly highlights. Maybe need to go back to that. Laughing
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went through the list of ESPN layoffs, the fact that Kuharsky, to the best of my knowledge, was the only team reporter in this round tells me all I need to know about where they prioritize the Titans. It's unbelievable how little the national media cares about this franchise.

When the news broke yesterday, I just kind of assumed it was going to be a dark day for the individual team reporters, and that they might even go back to just one writer per division. It's going to be absolutely hilarious when they bring in Wolf because he's so much cheaper.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Just went through the list of ESPN layoffs, the fact that Kuharsky, to the best of my knowledge, was the only team reporter in this round tells me all I need to know about where they prioritize the Titans. It's unbelievable how little the national media cares about this franchise.

When the news broke yesterday, I just kind of assumed it was going to be a dark day for the individual team reporters, and that they might even go back to just one writer per division. It's going to be absolutely hilarious when they bring in Wolf because he's so much cheaper.

Well they did lay off Ed Werner effective immediately. He was a pretty high profile guy.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Well they did lay off Ed Werner effective immediately. He was a pretty high profile guy.
Oh, there were a lot of names I know/recognized, but only one NFL team reporter. Which means that we're currently slotted to be the only team without an exclusive reporter heading into next season. Obviously that's likely to change, but if they fill PK's job, it's going to come from somebody with far, far less experience around the team.

KingTitan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Oh, there were a lot of names I know/recognized, but only one NFL team reporter. Which means that we're currently slotted to be the only team without an exclusive reporter heading into next season. Obviously that's likely to change, but if they fill PK's job, it's going to come from somebody with far, far less experience around the team.

Yeah, when they did the Mock Draft show yesterday, it was some "national" guy i never heard of. Last year it was PK to make the pick. We are being outsourced. lol
VY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Certainly won't happen but Glennon would be great. But they'll hire some doofus out j school from Mizzou or the northeast and call it a day.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Certainly won't happen but Glennon would be great. But they'll hire some doofus out j school from Mizzou or the northeast and call it a day.

I suppose ESPN could do worse than having deeluxx3 cover the Titans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: