Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Everything Else Thread version 7.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: The Everything Else Thread version 7.0 Reply with quote

After four long, long years in Titania, the time has come to retire the last sign that Spiff was ever a mod here. We have officially hit 100 pages. After 1,486 posts and 151,853 views. Below, are the previous Everything Else threads, quoting another former mod.

titanrick wrote:
And because I'm such a sucker for historical publications...

Everything Else Thread I

Everything Else Thread II

Everything Else Thread III

Everything Else Thread IV

Everything Else Thread V

Go.

Props to mike23md on the sig
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
As I've been looking for a site like this for years, I'm just going to leave this here.

www.skyscanner.com

Allows you to choose your departure location and will sort it by cheapest month and by cheapest destination per country.

For instance, I can fly from Chicago to Boston for $90 roundtrip and fly from Boston to Berlin for like $350 roundtrip.

titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact: The first ever non-OP Everything Else thread post was about the Nashville Kats.

The second one was about the excitement level for Star Wars Episode III.

SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Everything Else Thread version 7.0 Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
After four long, long years in Titania, the time has come to retire the last sign that Spiff was ever a mod here. We have officially hit 100 pages. After 1,486 posts and 151,853 views. Below, are the previous Everything Else threads, quoting another former mod.

titanrick wrote:

Everything Else Thread I

Everything Else Thread II[/url!

[url=http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332607&sid=c5a4291f6b2a7ef560d87411647be5ab]Everything Else Thread III

Everything Else Thread V

Go.

Crying or Very sad Those were good days. I miss them. Then college happened. Also good days. I miss them.

Anyway, I hope the days when I was your mod -- even briefly -- were remembered fondly.

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
Victor Cruz Pun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: The Everything Else Thread version 7.0 Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

titanrick wrote:

Everything Else Thread I

[url=http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=332607&sid=c5a4291f6b2a7ef560d87411647be5ab]Everything Else Thread III

Everything Else Thread V

Go.

Crying or Very sad Those were good days. I miss them. Then college happened. Also good days. I miss them.

Anyway, I hope the days when I was your mod -- even briefly -- were remembered fondly.

No you were our Mike Mularkey. One can only hope that Mike Mularkey inexplicably decides to resign in the near future to focus on his schooling.

For example, I once attacked a stray dog.

thelawoffices wrote:
You guys are dumb af

#JDI
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
As I've been looking for a site like this for years, I'm just going to leave this here.

www.skyscanner.com

Allows you to choose your departure location and will sort it by cheapest month and by cheapest destination per country.

For instance, I can fly from Chicago to Boston for $90 roundtrip and fly from Boston to Berlin for like $350 roundtrip.

Great site. Been using it for a long time. Be careful with it though as they do have scam companies on there from time to time. Know a few people that have lost 1000+ buying from a fake company.
titans0021

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

www.skyscanner.com

Great site. Been using it for a long time. Be careful with it though as they do have scam companies on there from time to time. Know a few people that have lost 1000+ buying from a fake company.

Yeah, I've caught a few of them. For the most part, I'm just using it to generally price out trips. So much more convenient than the general guess and check that priceline or any of the other sites are.

TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 days ago marked 4 years with you guys.

Time sure does fly Shocked

#MTGA
AtariB20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am looking to drive down from WI to go to the Packers Titans game with a group of 5 or 6. I just looked at the tickets and the prices are insanely high! I mean at Lambeau, season tickets are sold out for decades and the prices are cheaper. I would rather not wait to buy on craigslist in hopes of getting something cheaper, but I don't want to pay $150-$200 for the worst seats in the house either...

How do you guys get about getting your tickets??
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
Hey guys, I am looking to drive down from WI to go to the Packers Titans game with a group of 5 or 6. I just looked at the tickets and the prices are insanely high! I mean at Lambeau, season tickets are sold out for decades and the prices are cheaper. I would rather not wait to buy on craigslist in hopes of getting something cheaper, but I don't want to pay $150-$200 for the worst seats in the house either...

It's the Packers man. They're the worst. Look at tickets for literally every other game, it's significantly cheaper. Like two or three times cheaper. I'm looking to make the drive down from Madison with a couple of my Packers fan friends, and it's just brutal. I paid $40 for end zone seats 20 rows up last year against the Texans. Packers fans look for any reason to travel and buy up every available ticket, shrinking the market and sending the prices sky rocketing.

SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Everything Else Thread version 7.0 Reply with quote

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
SpacemanSpiff wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

titanrick wrote:

Everything Else Thread I

Everything Else Thread V

Go.

No you were our Mike Mularkey. One can only hope that Mike Mularkey inexplicably decides to resign in the near future to focus on his schooling.

So I'm the G.O.A.T.? ALL RIGHT! Very Happy

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
AtariB20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:

It's the Packers man. They're the worst. Look at tickets for literally every other game, it's significantly cheaper. Like two or three times cheaper. I'm looking to make the drive down from Madison with a couple of my Packers fan friends, and it's just brutal. I paid $40 for end zone seats 20 rows up last year against the Texans. Packers fans look for any reason to travel and buy up every available ticket, shrinking the market and sending the prices sky rocketing.

That is ridiculous. Right now I am just wondering whether whether I should risk it and hope to get cheaper tickets mid way through the season. I thought the tickets would be cheaper than Lambeau but I was very wrong. Right now it is looking like we have a group of 8 (7 Packers fans and 1 Titans fan). Obviously we are going to have to break up into 4 groups of 2 so the ticket prices arent outrageous but they are still $200 for pretty poor seats.
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
AtariB20 wrote:

That is ridiculous. Right now I am just wondering whether whether I should risk it and hope to get cheaper tickets mid way through the season. I thought the tickets would be cheaper than Lambeau but I was very wrong. Right now it is looking like we have a group of 8 (7 Packers fans and 1 Titans fan). Obviously we are going to have to break up into 4 groups of 2 so the ticket prices arent outrageous but they are still $200 for pretty poor seats.

Yeah man, I'm just not willing to pull the trigger right now. If they don't go down, I'll go see the Titans when they're in Chicago and plan a different trip to Nashville.

It's just crazy. One of the buddies that wants to go to Nashville is also planning on doing Jacksonville for Week 1 and he's running into the exact same problems there too. There are just too many Packers fans across the country, so between Wisconsinites willingness to travel and then just GB fans in the Tennessee/Kentucky area, you have them swooping in for every ticket.

Just for comparison, you could sit field level at the 40 yard line at the Jags/Titans Thursday night game for $100, upper level 50 yard line seats are already under $50. The amount of inflation for only that game is making it tough to justify the trip for me. I could see them any other game this year and, in just the ticket savings, be able to go down to the Bears game too.

AtariB20

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you guys say are the best tickets? I've heard that people prefer upper level to lower level because you can see more. I think the 200's sections would be the best because of that reason but I have no idea. Has anybody sat in the loge seats? And if so, how are they?
TheDeeeeej

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
What would you guys say are the best tickets? I've heard that people prefer upper level to lower level because you can see more. I think the 200's sections would be the best because of that reason but I have no idea. Has anybody sat in the loge seats? And if so, how are they?

For a Packers fan, the best tickets are in the parking lot, IMHO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: