You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Madden 17 Thread (8/23/2016)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Do people realize that people making fun of people who boycott the game only contribute to the game sucking more?

If everybody who made fun of me held off and bought the game new and told everybody who made fun of them the same things I'm telling you and this went on, by Madden 2020, we might actually get a good Madden game.

But we get crap Madden games year after year because of the people who make fun of the people sticking to their boycott instead of joining them.

It doesn't matter if it's 60 dollars or 60 cents when the principle of the matter is on the line. If you're so damn tempted to play Madden, get Madden 16 for 6 dollars used at Gamestop. I've played both. The difference between them is negligble.

Its adorable that you believe that your boycott is accomplishing anything.

I have boycotted too, but Im not so delusional that I believe it will have any real impact on the exclusive license. It wont. Why? Because the NFL is just as responsible for the situation as EA is....because the NFL gets a bigger cut and has more control over what goes in the game.

I havent decided if Im going to buy it or not. Its on sell until July 11th or something like that. $13 is nothing, and even if I dont buy it....nothing will change. Sad....but thats the reality.

Bottom line....I want to play some football, and its on sale for a price that I can live with paying.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Its adorable that you believe that your boycott is accomplishing anything.

Literally just got done explaining that it's not me boycotting that's going to have an impact, but me leading others to boycotting and that it will take more people to make an impact, but sure, let's make this all about one person boycotting. It's adorable that you think that's what this is about.

Quote:
Bottom line....I want to play some football, and its on sale for a price that I can live with paying.

And like I said, Madden 2016 is almost the exact same thing as Madden 17, and you can get it for half the price as 2017 and not give EA a nickel.

I know I don't have an impact. I also know two other things:

1. I can't be called a hypocrite on this matter.
2. If my boycott leads at least one other person to a boycott, I will have made a difference, as small as that difference might be.

I can live with that.
scrimmage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:

2. If my boycott leads at least one other person to a boycott, I will have made a difference, as small as that difference might be.

I can live with that.

Don't ever say you can't make an impact. Everybody has it within them to make a difference in this world; we all just have different callings. Some of us join the Marines. Some of us become firemen. Some of us boycott Madden. Whatever it is you do, be the change. Thank you for your bravery.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrimmage wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

I can live with that.

Don't ever say you can't make an impact. Everybody has it within them to make a difference in this world; we all just have different callings. Some of us join the Marines. Some of us become firemen. Some of us boycott Madden. Whatever it is you do, be the change. Thank you for your bravery.

HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrimmage wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

I can live with that.

I needed to hear this. My faith was waning. I will continue to fight the good fight.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I also bought Madden 17 because it was on sale for $10 and I was pining for some football. Figured it would hold me over until Madden 18. What actually happened was I found out the game is just as crappy as it was a few years ago, and solidified my decision to not buy the new copy when it comes out.

Net loss to EA: $50
Tyty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scrimmage wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

I can live with that.

Laughing
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody else other than EA needs to make a football game without using the NFL's name or logo and absolutely crush Madden.

I want a football game too but something more than the barebones garbage EA puts out every year.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just makes me so mad that you can't even front load or balance contracts. No comp picks. Picking up 5th year for first round rookies.

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Somebody else other than EA needs to make a football game without using the NFL's name or logo and absolutely crush Madden.

I want a football game too but something more than the barebones garbage EA puts out every year.

Wont happen because, unfortunately, even if a developer made a game twice as good as Madden, Madden would still easily outsell it because of the NFL name alone....and companies know this.

This is how EA is able to get away with mediocre efforts so much....they lean on popular licenses to sell the game for them, and its not limited to just football, either.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I disagree. If somebody else was to do this and have downloadable team names and player names, it would lose EA money, and if EA lost money, they would either make a better product or not renew the exclusive licensing. If they had that downloadable team/player feature, they would sell a LOT of copies.

There doesn't have to be a better game than Madden, there has to be ANOTHER game. Competition. It's no wonder that the early 2000s were the best Madden games ever made.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
^I disagree. If somebody else was to do this and have downloadable team names and player names, it would lose EA money, and if EA lost money, they would either make a better product or not renew the exclusive licensing. If they had that downloadable team/player feature, they would sell a LOT of copies.

There doesn't have to be a better game than Madden, there has to be ANOTHER game. Competition. It's no wonder that the early 2000s were the best Madden games ever made.

Then why isnt anyone trying? Why has there only been like 2 non NFL games since EA acquired the NFL license?

Disagree all you want, but the NFL brand is a huge selling point. They might be able to cut into EA's sales a little, but even if they had tons of customization options and a really good game, it would still not come close to Madden. Even if a non-NFL football game were to stand a chance, it would need a few years to gain traction...it likely wouldnt sell well its first year, and the problem there is, a developer isnt going to keep putting money into it if they feel its a losing battle. Thats why 2K games decided not to make any new football games. I mean hell, IIRC, EA sold more copies than the last version of NFL 2K5....despite the fact that 2K5 was a superior game and cost half the price. There are way too many Madden loyalists out there....and most extremely casual fans just buy the one with the NFL player on the cover.

Would I like to see it happen? Yes. But it wont.

And you seem to ignore the fact that the NFL is just as responsible for the exclusive NFL license as EA. Madden's sales would absolutely have to tank or there would have to be some type of breakdown in their relationship or a legal issue that ends the deal between the two of them. And Ill tell you right now....its not happening anytime soon, even if a good, non-NFL game were to come out.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:

I would agree with this. If there was an easy way to download rosters and skins for teams. Fans might miss the "commentary" and players' names being said but if it even takes a 5-10% chunk of their market share, they will pay attention and hopefully make some adjustments.

The hardest hurdle to overcome would be the HUGE marketing reach EA has. Side note, I wouldn't be surprised if EA spent more yearly on marketing the product than actually developing it.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

I would agree with this. If there was an easy way to download rosters and skins for teams. Fans might miss the "commentary" and players' names being said but if it even takes a 5-10% chunk of their market share, they will pay attention and hopefully make some adjustments.

The hardest hurdle to overcome would be the HUGE marketing reach EA has. Side note, I wouldn't be surprised if EA spent more yearly on marketing the product than actually developing it.

IIRC, 2K Sports made All Pro 2K8 as sort of a "test" to see how much they could compete vs Madden without an NFL license. Now, 2K8 was very meh and bare bones (although it did have better animations and physics than Madden), but they came to the conclusion they couldnt compete with Madden. One of the developers said that it wasnt worth putting in all the money that would be needed to make it a great game when the lack of an NFL license put them at an extreme disadvantage to begin with.

THAT is why I dont think its realistic. A non-NFL football game would have to be amazing from the get go and offer something Madden doesnt to pull many sales away from Madden. And if the game didnt sell well in year one, there isnt alot of incentive to keep going.

For those reasons, I have given up on ever seeing a non-Madden football game.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

IIRC, 2K Sports made All Pro 2K8 as sort of a "test" to see how much they could compete vs Madden without an NFL license. Now, 2K8 was very meh and bare bones (although it did have better animations and physics than Madden), but they came to the conclusion they couldnt compete with Madden. One of the developers said that it wasnt worth putting in all the money that would be needed to make it a great game when the lack of an NFL license put them at an extreme disadvantage to begin with.

THAT is why I dont think its realistic. A non-NFL football game would have to be amazing from the get go and offer something Madden doesnt to pull many sales away from Madden. And if the game didnt sell well in year one, there isnt alot of incentive to keep going.

For those reasons, I have given up on ever seeing a non-Madden football game.

I really don't agree with this.

1) 2K would make the game cheaper even if it's just $10

2) Nobody I know in real life or the internet "likes" Madden. Maybe 10%... everyone would instantly buy a 2K game IMO. We all buy Madden because it's the only football game. I'm guilty of it, you're guilty of it, we all are guilty of it. Don't get me wrong, Madden is definitely out selling it the first 2-3 years but within 4-5 years I think a 2K Football game starts to put Madden in the grave. After seven years it might cease to exist.

Although they would be forced to try to put out a good football game which would be interesting and maybe they would stay alive. They haven't put any effort into a game since Madden 06 Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52

Jump to: