You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CHOMP_CHOMP Build a City Draft 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 105, 106, 107  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyV22

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV22 wrote:
RaykwonDaChef wrote:
I think we should work out some more defined voting blocks.

Perhaps a

Win Now section

Win Future section

and maybe a Media/Merchandise section that is separately voted on but doesn't really count.

I dunno something a bit more defined.

I agree on the definition part, something more tangible would be nice...however I think breaking out winning now vs winning later will potentially muddy the waters. Ultimately, shouldn't the goal to simply win as much as possible over the next "X" amount of years? Otherwise, its like having two separate drafts. I realize that strategies will differ, and some people will focus more on the present, some more on the future, and some a blend of both, but can't we just look at the whole scope and say "ok, which team is set up to win the most in the next 10 years"? To me, when the winning is done is almost irrelevant as long as it occurs in the overall defined period of time. For instance, if you look back now at the last decade for any given sport and say, ok, which team was most successful? You probably add up all the wins/losses and titles for that decade, and not care so much for when the titles were won. That make sense?

The only issue I have with this, is that it pigeon holes teams. If a team wants to stack his team with aging, but talented veterans (ie the Spurs in real life). And potentially win multiple titles in a short period but sacrifice some of their future, then by all means they should be allowed. Some franchise owners want to win now and that's all they care about.

We can continue this discussion obviously as I won't just shut down the idea. Just giving the other side of the argument.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
JohnnyV22 wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

To this 1st point, yes. Winning now vs. winning over the next 10 years is a pivotal balance in this draft.

Second point, no NYC will not be weighted higher than Milwaukee. However, things like having a player in his hometown team, where he will be more marketable or having a latin born player in a city like Miami or something like that will be weighted. At least in my voting it will be.

ok thanks...we'll come up with a city that will benefit from all the Kazakhstani studs we have targeted

So picking Buffalo is going to be counted against me for certain sports basically? Buffalo geographically/market wise would be a significant bump in hockey, not in any of the other sports though. Not sure I like that.

Might have to consider choosing a city like Las Vegas now...

I'm not sure where you got that Buffalo would be weighted against you. I specifically say cities will not be weighted seperately... what I stated was that having a hometown kid, ie Gronk to Buffalo, would be weighted. The hometown kid playing for his hometown team. Like LeBron in Cleveland. The city itself will not count against you whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready to get this rockin'....we have an eta on when we'll know if we're going to get to 10 teams or scale it back to 8?
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't get one before the weekend. I will start it then. But we are obviously still hashing some things out, so no real rush

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a little dramatic about the marketability part in your OP, I'm sticking with Buffalo. No worries, thanks for clarifying CHOMP.

ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
I just got a little dramatic about the marketability part in your OP, I'm sticking with Buffalo. No worries, thanks for clarifying CHOMP.
Real life salt making it's way into a fantasy draft. I like it.

NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Jeez. I don't think I was being salty about it, just wanted clarification and CHOMP gave it to me.

CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have reached out to a couple of the guys who participated last year, and am waiting to hear back from them. Once i do, i will get a random order from one of the Mods. And we will get the cornerstone draft started!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
I have reached out to a couple of the guys who participated last year, and am waiting to hear back from them. Once i do, i will get a random order from one of the Mods. And we will get the cornerstone draft started!!!

yessssssssssssssssssssssss

ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

Jeez. I don't think I was being salty about it, just wanted clarification and CHOMP gave it to me.
Oh. So you aren't salty about BUFF's market? That's no fun.

CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Can we please hold off on using time slots until we hit a decent lull? This group was very active last draft, and we really didn't need time slots in the long run. I also think 1 hour is a pretty damn short time period to start them off at.

I understand we can send big boards and all, but (at least for me) plans can change pretty quickly when I get to see who comes off the board directly before my pick.

Yea for sure.

We definitely do have a good group. No one will be skipped in the cornerstone, and i try not to skip anyone within the 1st 5-10 rounds, as that is when you are building your team.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
Can we please hold off on using time slots until we hit a decent lull? This group was very active last draft, and we really didn't need time slots in the long run. I also think 1 hour is a pretty damn short time period to start them off at.

I understand we can send big boards and all, but (at least for me) plans can change pretty quickly when I get to see who comes off the board directly before my pick.

Yea for sure.

We definitely do have a good group. No one will be skipped in the cornerstone, and i try not to skip anyone within the 1st 5-10 rounds, as that is when you are building your team.
Awesome. I kinda figured that was the case but just wanted to make sure.

CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And as to the voting process, i did some thinking...

VOTING WILL BE DETERMINED BY YOUR WINNING CAPABILITIES OVER THE NEXT 10 YEARS.

This allow for teams to still build veteran loaded teams, and just win the early years of that 10 year allotment.

Things like marketability and team chemistry will still play vital roles in my vote, however, i understand not all will think that way.

Just really truly try and think like an owner. Think about all things considered.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be down. Ideally I would have a co-gm though. Let me ask my buddy Devin Kurant if he wants in as my co-gm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 2 of 107

Jump to: