Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 68917
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gah112 wrote:
Any concerns about Witherspoon's physicality? He looks like a great prospect as a coverage CB but is he going to be exploited because he's soft?


Concerns? Nah. It's simply a weakness that you either accept or don't. I'd compare him to DRC. Insanely talented cover CB whom you know won't play physically in the run game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 19176
Location: 805
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
gah112 wrote:
Any concerns about Witherspoon's physicality? He looks like a great prospect as a coverage CB but is he going to be exploited because he's soft?


Concerns? Nah. It's simply a weakness that you either accept or don't. I'd compare him to DRC. Insanely talented cover CB whom you know won't play physically in the run game.


You accept he will always tackle like a poon, but it's always a concern. This is coming from someone who had a CB duo of DRC and Asante Samuel. You accept it, because the important thing is that your CB's can actually cover, but it still bugs you that at any given moment they could miss a tackle that leads to a big play. That being said, I'll still happily take Witherspoon because he can cover. I'd rather have Howard Wilson though, because he can do both.
_________________

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 68917
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
gah112 wrote:
Any concerns about Witherspoon's physicality? He looks like a great prospect as a coverage CB but is he going to be exploited because he's soft?


Concerns? Nah. It's simply a weakness that you either accept or don't. I'd compare him to DRC. Insanely talented cover CB whom you know won't play physically in the run game.


You accept he will always tackle like a poon, but it's always a concern. This is coming from someone who had a CB duo of DRC and Asante Samuel. You accept it, because the important thing is that your CB's can actually cover, but it still bugs you that at any given moment they could miss a tackle that leads to a big play. That being said, I'll still happily take Witherspoon because he can cover. I'd rather have Howard Wilson though, because he can do both.


We're arguing semantics here. A concern to me is something that I'm uncertain about in regards to my projection. I am very certain about Witherspoon's lack of physicality and poor tackling. It's something I simply accept.

That's what I meant by I am not concerned by it. I've already factored it in to my evaluation.

The hope is that'll change, but I'll still draft the kid highly even accepting that it likely won't change.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brownie man


Joined: 26 Jan 2008
Posts: 8223
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are the most aggressive tacklers at corner in this draft?

Like not the hardest hitting, but if I needed a for sure stop on 3rd down who are the top 3 guys for that?
_________________
DizzyDean wrote:

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.


^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 9360
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Who are the most aggressive tacklers at corner in this draft?

Like not the hardest hitting, but if I needed a for sure stop on 3rd down who are the top 3 guys for that?


Not the biggest guys but Damonte Kazee (SDSU) and Corn Elder (Miami) are two guys that are very aggressive in run support, fun to watch.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11607
Location: WI
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Who are the most aggressive tacklers at corner in this draft?

Marlon Humphrey is a savage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 3863
Location: Hollywierd
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Tabor is slipping from 1st round to ???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7636
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Looks like Tabor is slipping from 1st round to ???



Slipping from round 1 to great value
_________________
@CoachHam6455
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
muncy54


Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 1252
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late to the party but I love Corn Elder .... What's everyone's take on him?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6850
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muncy54 wrote:
Late to the party but I love Corn Elder .... What's everyone's take on him?

I view him similarly to Cyrus Jones a year ago. They have starting upside in the slot and can play outside in a pinch.
brownie man wrote:
Who are the most aggressive tacklers at corner in this draft?

Like not the hardest hitting, but if I needed a for sure stop on 3rd down who are the top 3 guys for that?

Lattimore
Awuzie
Kazee


Last edited by Rich7sena on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bscott36


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 100
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedric Thompson's a low first round pick. Best coverage skills of anyone in this class including Hooker and he's a willing run defender, unlike Holliman (even though he's not very good). Let him put on 10 pounds or so and he'll be fine. HIs anticipation, combined with route recognition and range is the best in this class, and I don't believe it can be debated.
_________________
It's always a lovely day to play ball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jlash


Joined: 17 Oct 2016
Posts: 2084
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bscott36 wrote:
Tedric Thompson's a low first round pick. Best coverage skills of anyone in this class including Hooker and he's a willing run defender, unlike Holliman (even though he's not very good). Let him put on 10 pounds or so and he'll be fine. HIs anticipation, combined with route recognition and range is the best in this class, and I don't believe it can be debated.


I'm sure someone will come up with something.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bscott36


Joined: 02 Feb 2011
Posts: 100
Location: Baltimore
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yea, I just wrote that for hot take purposes
_________________
It's always a lovely day to play ball
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
typecast


Joined: 28 Feb 2016
Posts: 85
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any thoughts on Treston DeCoud (Oregon State)?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DraftHobbyist


Joined: 17 Aug 2014
Posts: 349
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

typecast wrote:
Any thoughts on Treston DeCoud (Oregon State)?


Well, he's just not very athletic. He ran a high 4.5 at his Pro Day and a low 4.6 at the Combine. He has some height, but what he has in height he lacks in Vertical Jump. Then you look at his agility drills and he's a 4.2 3-cone and a 4.53 SS which is not good.

In my notes, I noted that he takes bad angles. That's not good for the FS idea. I see him as a late Day 3-UDFA outside CB project.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 58 of 59

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group