Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its never a good time to get a domestic violence charge. But a CB getting one in this draft class? Bruh.

See you at the bottom.
Counselor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let Lewis fall late into Denver's laps please

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corners, plz stop getting hurt and messing up.
Poloc2289

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howard Wilson

Not much talk about the guy but he's got the length and the on-field production (albeit small sample size). Anybody have any more info or specific thoughts on him?
reamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Howard Wilson

Not much talk about the guy but he's got the length and the on-field production (albeit small sample size). Anybody have any more info or specific thoughts on him?

Very good click and close ability. Watch the first three throws in his direction against Cincinnati. He gives up the underneath stuff the first time. Second time he's planting his foot and driving as soon as the receiver makes a move to limit YAC. Third time, he crushes the receiver and knocks him out out of bounds so that it's not a catch. I love how decisively he drives on the football.

Overall, he tackles well and shows the instincts to break on the ball. He could have had 3 interceptions in this game. His short shuttle and 3-cone time were elite. Combine that with his height, and he's got the making of a long-term starter in the league. I don't care about the 4.56 or whatever. Very good corner #2 or slot corner, even though I doubt he'll ever be elite. Reminds me a bit of Logan Ryan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2fwOWr4Ic
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Howard Wilson

He drives on the ball as well as anyone in this class. He mainly played off at Houston, but I like him more as a press CB (some will disagree). Great ball-skills and hands. Fluid hips and quick feet. His acceleration, hips, and quickness make him appear to be faster on film than his timed speed (basically, I'm not worried about his speed). Needs to get stronger and bigger. Needs to polish up his technique some.

But I'd love to get my hands on him in the 4th round.

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Its never a good time to get a domestic violence charge. But a CB getting one in this draft class? Bruh.

See you at the bottom.

If he's there at the top of the third, I take him if I'm the Rams.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If he's there at the top of the third, I take him if I'm the Rams.

I think he will fall into that middle R3 area now.

I would definitely take him for Denver but my 'questionable character' pick is Mixon and you really cant come out of a draft with two guys with these backgrounds.

So STL can have him as long as DEN gets Mixon. Deal?
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
reamer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
What are thoughts on Gareon Conley? I love his work out numbers but he is so weak on the field. I think he's a 3rd corner during at lest his first two seasons.

He could improve against the run, sure, but his technique is so clean, and his ability to play with good angles and positioning is surprisingly refined. I love how disruptive he is at the catch point. He tends to find the ball well. I like him better than any of the first round corners last year as a pure outside corner. Very patient, never panics, always seems to know where to go. He'll give up some easy underneath stuff, but overall he's just a smooth, solid corner who should start for a long time. One of my real favorites this year.

He's weak in coverage, too. I could imagine a receiver like Brandon Marshall bodying him catch after catch because he doesn't know how to use his weight and frame.

He had a rough go of it against Michigan.

He'll get stronger. He's not the only guy in this class that's true of. You can't teach his cover skills. I'd be all over him in the second. He's a first in most drafts.

100% agreed. Put him with a coach like Emmitt Thomas, and he'll get better. You can teach him to be more physical and use better leverage, you can't teach his natural skills.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
G

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Corners, plz stop getting hurt and messing up.

Honestly if I thought I was a top CB I wouldn't be doing anything but interviews. No hanging with friends except at my place and no drinking for the next 6 weeks. Light weightlifting with LOTS of stretching. LOL
Class is too deep for any issues this late in the game. Before Jones's injury I wouldn't have thought about it but it's a BUSINESS. If my team wasn't in the college champ playoffs I'd sit out too. Bowls making money for the school and that was your intern position. Time to step up into being paid as a professional. I loved playing but times are changing.
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:

See you at the bottom.

Lmao Laughing Laughing Laughing

That's too real this year
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
Groink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No respect for men who beat up on their women.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poloc2289 wrote:
Howard Wilson

Nice size and length and good speed for his size. Can win 50/50 balls. Hard tackler. Thought he should have stayed another year, he would have been a first round pick next year. Not the prospect William Jackson was but still a good one.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how some Alabama players are legit studs and others feed off the talent around them

I think Marlon Humphrey is one of the latter. He doesn't impress me I feel its criminal anyone could have him over Tredavious White let alone Marshone Lattimore or Gareon Conley.

I'd take Tankersley over Humphery I don't see it. He looks like a talented person that is taking advantage of the fact that the players around him are great football players.

I don't think he himself is a great football player.
Deshone Kizer, Malik Hooker, Carlos Watkins, Adoree Jackson, Budda Baker, TJ Watt, Montravius Adams, Ryan Switzer, Kendall Beckwith, Davis Webb, Des Lawrence, Shelton Gibson, Jamaal Williams, Bucky Hodges
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few observations after watching more tape:

1. Malik Hooker is not a terrible run defender. It's not like he's an extra linebacker or anything, but he is pretty aggressive and makes his fair share of tackles around the LOS. He may miss tackles more than you'd like out of a potential top 5 pick, but his effort is not lacking and I expect him to be at least serviceable in that department. The narrative that he is a poor run defender is a little overblown IMO. I think he's worthy of a top 5 pick personally.

2. Tre'Davious White is the king of defending comeback curl routes.

3. Jalen Myrick's combine numbers made me go to his tape. Man I didn't really like what I saw. Excellent recovery speed, but an absolutely terrible and disinterested tackler. Struggled to drive on throws underneath. I wanted to like him, but I did not really see anything special on tape. Looked like a 6th round type prospect, especially in this year's draft class.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
A few observations after watching more tape:

1. Malik Hooker is not a terrible run defender. It's not like he's an extra linebacker or anything, but he is pretty aggressive and makes his fair share of tackles around the LOS. He may miss tackles more than you'd like out of a potential top 5 pick, but his effort is not lacking and I expect him to be at least serviceable in that department. The narrative that he is a poor run defender is a little overblown IMO. I think he's worthy of a top 5 pick personally.

2. Tre'Davious White is the king of defending comeback curl routes.

3. Jalen Myrick's combine numbers made me go to his tape. Man I didn't really like what I saw. Excellent recovery speed, but an absolutely terrible and disinterested tackler. Struggled to drive on throws underneath. I wanted to like him, but I did not really see anything special on tape. Looked like a 6th round type prospect, especially in this year's draft class.

I don't agree. He combines bad angles with a lot of missed tackles. I don't see him as a potential top 5 pick. Personally, without Combine numbers, I'm not sure where he fits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 51 of 58

Jump to: