Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 2091
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know some think a move to LB would benefit him but after watching a lot of Rayshawn Jenkins I think he can stick at SS in a TJ Ward type of role and be a good player. His athletic numbers back what I saw on tape. I would take him in the early 4th round range even with this group of Safeties. Reason I wouldn't take him higher is because I don't see great ball skills and don't know how many plays he will make on the ball in the air.
_________________
In reference to concern about Joshua Dobbs' Knees

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...


GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chiefs82


Joined: 19 Jan 2007
Posts: 5959
Location: Your Mom's House.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just had NFL source (in attendance at Washington pro day) text:

"It's a torn Achilles" he was told for CB Sidney Jones. As feared.

_________________

________________
ryknowssd on the sig
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:68/Sacks:22/FF:4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
G


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 3871
Location: Hollywierd
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just did a 'fanspeak' copy of CB's and WOW...
Jones's injury had him at 23 yesterday and now 102
Tabor has slipped since his 40
more than 15 CB's who could contribute will make others fall.

6 CB MARSHON LATTIMORE - OHIO STATE
14 CB QUINCY WILSON - FLORIDA
22 CB GAREON CONLEY - OHIO STATE
26 CB MARLON HUMPHREY - ALABAMA
37 CB TEEZ TABOR - FLORIDA
42 CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY - CLEMSON
53 CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE - LSU
55 CB KEVIN KING - WASHINGTON
58 CB ADOREE' JACKSON - USC
60 CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE - COLORADO
80 CB RASUL DOUGLAS - WEST VIRGINIA
89 CB CAMERON SUTTON - TENNESSEE
92 CB JOURDAN LEWIS - MICHIGAN
97 CB DAMONTAE KAZEE - SAN DIEGO STATE
102 CB SIDNEY JONES - WASHINGTON
113 CB FABIAN MOREAU - UCLA
129 CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON - COLORADO
133 CB CORN ELDER - MIAMI
140 CB MARQUEZ WHITE - FLORIDA STATE
157 CB HOWARD WILSON - HOUSTON
162 CB JEREMY CUTRER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE
180 CB BRENDAN LANGLEY - LAMAR
191 CB CHANNING STRIBLING - MICHIGAN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6853
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are thoughts on Gareon Conley? I love his work out numbers but he is so weak on the field. I think he's a 3rd corner during at lest his first two seasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reamer


Joined: 15 Feb 2010
Posts: 487
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
What are thoughts on Gareon Conley? I love his work out numbers but he is so weak on the field. I think he's a 3rd corner during at lest his first two seasons.


He could improve against the run, sure, but his technique is so clean, and his ability to play with good angles and positioning is surprisingly refined. I love how disruptive he is at the catch point. He tends to find the ball well. I like him better than any of the first round corners last year as a pure outside corner. Very patient, never panics, always seems to know where to go. He'll give up some easy underneath stuff, but overall he's just a smooth, solid corner who should start for a long time. One of my real favorites this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6853
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reamer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
What are thoughts on Gareon Conley? I love his work out numbers but he is so weak on the field. I think he's a 3rd corner during at lest his first two seasons.


He could improve against the run, sure, but his technique is so clean, and his ability to play with good angles and positioning is surprisingly refined. I love how disruptive he is at the catch point. He tends to find the ball well. I like him better than any of the first round corners last year as a pure outside corner. Very patient, never panics, always seems to know where to go. He'll give up some easy underneath stuff, but overall he's just a smooth, solid corner who should start for a long time. One of my real favorites this year.

He's weak in coverage, too. I could imagine a receiver like Brandon Marshall bodying him catch after catch because he doesn't know how to use his weight and frame.

He had a rough go of it against Michigan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VanS


Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 353
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the thoughts on John Johnson (Boston College)? Been watching him a lot lately and I'm very impressed. He came onto my radar during the senior bowl. He did okay testing at the combine. But his tape has really stood out to me. This safety class is loaded and every week I seem to find a new favorite.

I think this guy might be that late day 2/early day 3 pick that turns into a perennial pro-bowler. He has some Tashaun Gipson to his game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69128
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
reamer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
What are thoughts on Gareon Conley? I love his work out numbers but he is so weak on the field. I think he's a 3rd corner during at lest his first two seasons.


He could improve against the run, sure, but his technique is so clean, and his ability to play with good angles and positioning is surprisingly refined. I love how disruptive he is at the catch point. He tends to find the ball well. I like him better than any of the first round corners last year as a pure outside corner. Very patient, never panics, always seems to know where to go. He'll give up some easy underneath stuff, but overall he's just a smooth, solid corner who should start for a long time. One of my real favorites this year.

He's weak in coverage, too. I could imagine a receiver like Brandon Marshall bodying him catch after catch because he doesn't know how to use his weight and frame.

He had a rough go of it against Michigan.


He'll get stronger. He's not the only guy in this class that's true of. You can't teach his cover skills. I'd be all over him in the second. He's a first in most drafts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6853
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
He'll get stronger. He's not the only guy in this class that's true of. You can't teach his cover skills. I'd be all over him in the second. He's a first in most drafts.

He's the type of player I'd never take in the first round at cornerback. He needs to develop for a couple years or I can see him losing confidence if he's thrust into the fold too early. If he's getting bullied in college, he's going to feel like a child in the pros.

I think if he starts out as a rotational corner (3rd/4th on the depth chart) for his first couple seasons, he could end up being a guy who flourishes in year 3-4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 21619
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Just did a 'fanspeak' copy of CB's and WOW...
Jones's injury had him at 23 yesterday and now 102
Tabor has slipped since his 40
more than 15 CB's who could contribute will make others fall.

6 CB MARSHON LATTIMORE - OHIO STATE
14 CB QUINCY WILSON - FLORIDA
22 CB GAREON CONLEY - OHIO STATE
26 CB MARLON HUMPHREY - ALABAMA
37 CB TEEZ TABOR - FLORIDA
42 CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY - CLEMSON
53 CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE - LSU
55 CB KEVIN KING - WASHINGTON
58 CB ADOREE' JACKSON - USC
60 CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE - COLORADO
80 CB RASUL DOUGLAS - WEST VIRGINIA
89 CB CAMERON SUTTON - TENNESSEE
92 CB JOURDAN LEWIS - MICHIGAN
97 CB DAMONTAE KAZEE - SAN DIEGO STATE
102 CB SIDNEY JONES - WASHINGTON
113 CB FABIAN MOREAU - UCLA
129 CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON - COLORADO
133 CB CORN ELDER - MIAMI
140 CB MARQUEZ WHITE - FLORIDA STATE
157 CB HOWARD WILSON - HOUSTON
162 CB JEREMY CUTRER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE
180 CB BRENDAN LANGLEY - LAMAR
191 CB CHANNING STRIBLING - MICHIGAN


OMG I would love it if 31 of the other teams had their boards this way.

I would jump on fabian in the 4th (or would that be 5th?), same with Jones. And we could still be in the spot to get Humphrey in the first.
_________________
GeneralDissaray wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
I don't agree with the pick.Bad teams pick rb's with a top 5 pick.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26323
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
G wrote:
Just did a 'fanspeak' copy of CB's and WOW...
Jones's injury had him at 23 yesterday and now 102
Tabor has slipped since his 40
more than 15 CB's who could contribute will make others fall.

6 CB MARSHON LATTIMORE - OHIO STATE
14 CB QUINCY WILSON - FLORIDA
22 CB GAREON CONLEY - OHIO STATE
26 CB MARLON HUMPHREY - ALABAMA
37 CB TEEZ TABOR - FLORIDA
42 CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY - CLEMSON
53 CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE - LSU
55 CB KEVIN KING - WASHINGTON
58 CB ADOREE' JACKSON - USC
60 CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE - COLORADO
80 CB RASUL DOUGLAS - WEST VIRGINIA
89 CB CAMERON SUTTON - TENNESSEE
92 CB JOURDAN LEWIS - MICHIGAN
97 CB DAMONTAE KAZEE - SAN DIEGO STATE
102 CB SIDNEY JONES - WASHINGTON
113 CB FABIAN MOREAU - UCLA
129 CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON - COLORADO
133 CB CORN ELDER - MIAMI
140 CB MARQUEZ WHITE - FLORIDA STATE
157 CB HOWARD WILSON - HOUSTON
162 CB JEREMY CUTRER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE
180 CB BRENDAN LANGLEY - LAMAR
191 CB CHANNING STRIBLING - MICHIGAN


OMG I would love it if 31 of the other teams had their boards this way.

I would jump on fabian in the 4th (or would that be 5th?), same with Jones. And we could still be in the spot to get Humphrey in the first.
Yea, no kidding. Fabian in the 3rd I would die for. I am hoping Seattle takes him in the 2nd, I think he is extremely versatile
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 21619
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
reamer wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
What are thoughts on Gareon Conley? I love his work out numbers but he is so weak on the field. I think he's a 3rd corner during at lest his first two seasons.


He could improve against the run, sure, but his technique is so clean, and his ability to play with good angles and positioning is surprisingly refined. I love how disruptive he is at the catch point. He tends to find the ball well. I like him better than any of the first round corners last year as a pure outside corner. Very patient, never panics, always seems to know where to go. He'll give up some easy underneath stuff, but overall he's just a smooth, solid corner who should start for a long time. One of my real favorites this year.

He's weak in coverage, too. I could imagine a receiver like Brandon Marshall bodying him catch after catch because he doesn't know how to use his weight and frame.

He had a rough go of it against Michigan.


He'll get stronger. He's not the only guy in this class that's true of. You can't teach his cover skills. I'd be all over him in the second. He's a first in most drafts.


I agree. I am hoping the Cowboys pick up 2 maybe 3 DB's in this class considering how much starter potential is there. We could rebuild our defense in one draft. Even if it takes 1 or 2 years for them to come along for the pro game.
_________________
GeneralDissaray wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
I don't agree with the pick.Bad teams pick rb's with a top 5 pick.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 21619
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
G wrote:
Just did a 'fanspeak' copy of CB's and WOW...
Jones's injury had him at 23 yesterday and now 102
Tabor has slipped since his 40
more than 15 CB's who could contribute will make others fall.

6 CB MARSHON LATTIMORE - OHIO STATE
14 CB QUINCY WILSON - FLORIDA
22 CB GAREON CONLEY - OHIO STATE
26 CB MARLON HUMPHREY - ALABAMA
37 CB TEEZ TABOR - FLORIDA
42 CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY - CLEMSON
53 CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE - LSU
55 CB KEVIN KING - WASHINGTON
58 CB ADOREE' JACKSON - USC
60 CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE - COLORADO
80 CB RASUL DOUGLAS - WEST VIRGINIA
89 CB CAMERON SUTTON - TENNESSEE
92 CB JOURDAN LEWIS - MICHIGAN
97 CB DAMONTAE KAZEE - SAN DIEGO STATE
102 CB SIDNEY JONES - WASHINGTON
113 CB FABIAN MOREAU - UCLA
129 CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON - COLORADO
133 CB CORN ELDER - MIAMI
140 CB MARQUEZ WHITE - FLORIDA STATE
157 CB HOWARD WILSON - HOUSTON
162 CB JEREMY CUTRER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE
180 CB BRENDAN LANGLEY - LAMAR
191 CB CHANNING STRIBLING - MICHIGAN


OMG I would love it if 31 of the other teams had their boards this way.

I would jump on fabian in the 4th (or would that be 5th?), same with Jones. And we could still be in the spot to get Humphrey in the first.
Yea, no kidding. Fabian in the 3rd I would die for. I am hoping Seattle takes him in the 2nd, I think he is extremely versatile


Yall stay the hell away from him we saw him first!
_________________
GeneralDissaray wrote:
mozwanted wrote:
I don't agree with the pick.Bad teams pick rb's with a top 5 pick.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69128
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
G wrote:
Just did a 'fanspeak' copy of CB's and WOW...
Jones's injury had him at 23 yesterday and now 102
Tabor has slipped since his 40
more than 15 CB's who could contribute will make others fall.

6 CB MARSHON LATTIMORE - OHIO STATE
14 CB QUINCY WILSON - FLORIDA
22 CB GAREON CONLEY - OHIO STATE
26 CB MARLON HUMPHREY - ALABAMA
37 CB TEEZ TABOR - FLORIDA
42 CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY - CLEMSON
53 CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE - LSU
55 CB KEVIN KING - WASHINGTON
58 CB ADOREE' JACKSON - USC
60 CB CHIDOBE AWUZIE - COLORADO
80 CB RASUL DOUGLAS - WEST VIRGINIA
89 CB CAMERON SUTTON - TENNESSEE
92 CB JOURDAN LEWIS - MICHIGAN
97 CB DAMONTAE KAZEE - SAN DIEGO STATE
102 CB SIDNEY JONES - WASHINGTON
113 CB FABIAN MOREAU - UCLA
129 CB AHKELLO WITHERSPOON - COLORADO
133 CB CORN ELDER - MIAMI
140 CB MARQUEZ WHITE - FLORIDA STATE
157 CB HOWARD WILSON - HOUSTON
162 CB JEREMY CUTRER - MIDDLE TENNESSEE
180 CB BRENDAN LANGLEY - LAMAR
191 CB CHANNING STRIBLING - MICHIGAN


OMG I would love it if 31 of the other teams had their boards this way.

I would jump on fabian in the 4th (or would that be 5th?), same with Jones. And we could still be in the spot to get Humphrey in the first.
Yea, no kidding. Fabian in the 3rd I would die for. I am hoping Seattle takes him in the 2nd, I think he is extremely versatile


I'm cool with Seattle taking Moreau in the 2nd.

Rich7sena wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
He'll get stronger. He's not the only guy in this class that's true of. You can't teach his cover skills. I'd be all over him in the second. He's a first in most drafts.

He's the type of player I'd never take in the first round at cornerback. He needs to develop for a couple years or I can see him losing confidence if he's thrust into the fold too early. If he's getting bullied in college, he's going to feel like a child in the pros.

I think if he starts out as a rotational corner (3rd/4th on the depth chart) for his first couple seasons, he could end up being a guy who flourishes in year 3-4.


I definitely didn't see a guy getting bullied in college. He's a day 1 starter imo.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 39766
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, JD...

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/842112160608227329

EDIT: Lewis's response

https://twitter.com/JourdanJD/status/842116609103781888

"Jourdan Lewis‏Verified account
@JourdanJD

Following
More
It's sad that somebody would want to control you so bad they would ruin your life over it."
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI


Last edited by JammerHammer21 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 50 of 59

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group