Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
...woah. Just googled Sidney Jones size, because I thought he was bigger.

6'0 170? That's unacceptable for someone that plays off coverage most of the time.

He's listed at 181, I'd imagine he'll be closer to 190 by the time the combine rolls around.

Yeah he looked thicker to me on tape than a measly 170. I was honestly shocked he was listed as 170 on...wherever I looked it up just now.

EDIT: Realized what I did wrong. The site I got it off was a recruiting site Mad
That was his playing weight in high school. Oops.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
...woah. Just googled Sidney Jones size, because I thought he was bigger.

6'0 170? That's unacceptable for someone that plays off coverage most of the time.

He's listed at 181, I'd imagine he'll be closer to 190 by the time the combine rolls around.

Yeah he looked thicker to me on tape than a measly 170. I was honestly shocked he was listed as 170 on...wherever I looked it up just now.

EDIT: Realized what I did wrong. The site I got it off was a recruiting site Mad
That was his playing weight in high school. Oops.
if you want measurements go to nfldraftscout they often get legitimate measurements before the season by BLESTO scouts

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank-O wrote:
brownie man wrote:
Lattimore has Revis like coverage skills. Not the run player, but coverage wise hes a mirror.

Why is he not in your sig? Confused Wink

Lol I picked guy who people argue arent' first round picks besides Hooker. I think over the league Lattimore is a top 3 rated corner

. My corner I think is going to be special in the league is Adoree Jackson. People knock his size I see a bonafide playmaker who shows up every game.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
My corner I think is going to be special in the league is Adoree Jackson. People knock his size I see a bonafide playmaker who shows up every game.

He reminds me of Asante Samuel.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackson would be nice in a zone scheme. If you're asking him to press and play great technique up on receivers, he's going to struggle...at least early on. He'd almost make a great FS because of his tracking speed and playmaking ability. He has some Justin Gilbert in him technique wise, but being a lazy piece of Sheee...was the reason Gilbert really went bad. It would be hard for Jackson to be as worthless as Gilbert, but their athleticism and technique is similar.
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you guys think Adoree could thrive as a FS?

Do you guys think 3 safeties will go in the top 25? could Peppers be there for Oakland?
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:

Do you guys think 3 safeties will go in the top 25? could Peppers be there for Oakland?

1. Yes, but I wouldn't move him unless he flops at CB.

2. Yes.

3. Probably not, but idk why Oakland would want Joseph and Peppers. Isn't Joseph a SS? Because Jabrill is pretty rigidly a SS.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
DC4_Life wrote:

1. Yes, but I wouldn't move him unless he flops at CB.

2. Yes.

3. Probably not, but idk why Oakland would want Joseph and Peppers. Isn't Joseph a SS? Because Jabrill is pretty rigidly a SS.

Joseph was Oakland's best centerfielder, but the Raiders use the FS and SS pretty interchangeably.

Based on my preliminary research and mocks I've done, I think Peppers lasts until the 2nd round
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
My corner I think is going to be special in the league is Adoree Jackson. People knock his size I see a bonafide playmaker who shows up every game.

The problem is the guy has no CB instincts, and his technique is mediocre at best. If we're being completely honest here, he's an athlete playing CB. And that's not a terrible thing, but he's a bigger work in progress than most of the other corners in this year's class.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
brownie man wrote:

The problem is the guy has no CB instincts, and his technique is mediocre at best. If we're being completely honest here, he's an athlete playing CB. And that's not a terrible thing, but he's a bigger work in progress than most of the other corners in this year's class.

Couldn't agree more. He makes some dazzling plays because of that athleticism, but if you draft him early, you're expecting him to correct a lot of issues. He does move really well, so if he interviews well, I can see a coach or GM saying, 'No problem. We can fix that.' But if not, you have some issues.
G08

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious how ya'll have your safeties ranked... looking more for ball-hawks as opposed to thumpers.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not super impressed by Adoree as a defender but I do like his special teams potential, so I would be okay drafting him.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Curious how ya'll have your safeties ranked... looking more for ball-hawks as opposed to thumpers.

Malik Hooker has WR hands

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Hooker is the best Free Safety prospect I've ever seen. And honestly I don't think that's an over statement.

His athleticism is off the charts. His instincts are incredible, and his ball skills are more impressive than some receivers.

He only played one year and all the scouts know he's a top 10 pick. He's just getting started. He's what you draw up when you want a pro bowl free safety.

The other center fielder would be Marcus Williams from Utah. He's a second or third round guy probably second. Eddie Jackson at Alabama is looked at as a strong safety I think he could play centerfield.

Budda Baker is another guy I think could thrive as free safety in a defense that plays a lot of cover 2. Earl Thomas type kinda skill set.

Fish Smithson from Kansas is another guy that could go in the third. He reminds me of Darian Thompson for the Giants as a guy who could develop at free safety.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
G08 wrote:

Yeah of the three top safeties, Hooker is the deep guy, Peppers is the box guy, and Adams is in between.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 21 of 59

Jump to: