Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^So you guys would say Hooker is a top 15-20 prospect? The next safety off the board after Adams?

Funny enough Raiders need a replacement for Nelson and a buddy for Joseph going forward. But I just don't like Hooker that much at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooker is absolutely the next best safety in the class behind Adams. Williams, Maye, and Peppers are R2 prospects IMO. Someone will gamble on Peppers potential and take him r1, but methinks that will be a mistake.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
^^^So you guys would say Hooker is a top 15-20 prospect? The next safety off the board after Adams?

Funny enough Raiders need a replacement for Nelson and a buddy for Joseph going forward. But I just don't like Hooker that much at this point.

He won't be there unless he runs a high 4.6-4.7 40... Which I doubt. Hooker should survive on his instincts in this league but if he wants to be a mainstay great player he needs to improve in the run game and at this point with good coaching I see no reason why he won't. Marcus Williams is a player I think could rise up to the Raiders spot or Atlantas in round 1.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Adams's clips against Wisconsin, Auburn, and TAMU and he didn't really seem to stand out to me that much. Big and athletic, but he wasn't that great when he had to play on a man and he would give like a massive cushion. Maybe that's just how LSU does it with safeties, but IDK, he didn't seem to be flying all over the place and making plays behind the line, cutting off big plays, or forcing things back. And his tackling willingness seemed to come and go at times. Doesn't really seem like a traditional deep safety and he was used that way a lot.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
I watched Adams's clips against Wisconsin, Auburn, and TAMU and he didn't really seem to stand out to me that much. Big and athletic, but he wasn't that great when he had to play on a man and he would give like a massive cushion. Maybe that's just how LSU does it with safeties, but IDK, he didn't seem to be flying all over the place and making plays behind the line, cutting off big plays, or forcing things back. And his tackling willingness seemed to come and go at times. Doesn't really seem like a traditional deep safety and he was used that way a lot.

I have Hooker above him right now. Could change though.

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opinions on Fabian Moreau from UCLA?
indigo_rex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:

I have Hooker above him right now. Could change though.

Agreed. It's harder to find a Safety with Hooker's range and ball skills than a really good SS, who can also play some FS (Adams). Adams never gets that INT against Clemson - wouldn't even get a PBU on that play. Hooker isn't soft either. He made a big hit to stop a Clemson WR a yard short on 3rd Down.

This is not a knock on Adams. He's a great player, and he's close to a lock to go top-15 - and could still go top-10.
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:

Their bowl game against Louisville, there was a play that Adams tracked Lamar Jackson down from the opposite side of the field when Jackson took off and ran to his left, and Adams still caught him behind the LOS. It was a thing of beauty.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adams is the best safety and I don't think it's close. Not flying around and making plays? Lol what? That's literally all he does. Not many safeties have as many tackles behind the LOS as he does. His instincts are amazing. Having a safety who can do everything is rare and that's what Adams can do. I hope and pray the Titans take him at 5.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Adams is the best safety and I don't think it's close. Not flying around and making plays? Lol what? That's literally all he does. Not many safeties have as many tackles behind the LOS as he does. His instincts are amazing. Having a safety who can do everything is rare and that's what Adams can do. I hope and pray the Titans take him at 5.

He's a top 15 guy for me. But Hooker is a top 10. Regardless of my sig (made it before he declared)

JBURGE25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:

I really, really like a pair of Hooker and Joseph. Hooker has the range and gives them an interesting and flexible combo like Green Bay

FF Big Brother III Winner Cool
[sig by El ramster]
blueswedeshoes wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:
I don't hunt
So I gathered.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
Nelson was very rangy coming out. Made plays on the ball in coverage. Took bad angles in the run game. I remember the one on a Tedd Ginn kick return for a TD where Nelson took one of the worst angles I've seen. He often didn't wrap up but went for the big hit instead. Was nicknamed the eraser because of this. He is closer to hooker than hooker is to earl. Everyone wants to make the earl comparison because he is great and more recent.

One of us is misremembering, and I'm almost positive it wasn't me. Because if you remember, he had a huge spike in interceptions in his final season at Florida and most thought he fell [inappropriate/removed] backwards into them. Fortunately, he still managed to accumulate those interceptions in the NFL. Like you said, he's known for his bit hits.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
KingBishop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fell into them? Haha he made great plays against UGA, Bama, and FSU where he was hawking. There's being Rahim Moore who had a bunch of tipped ints and balls thrown right to him... That's not what Reggie Nelson was.

jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Nelson was very rangy coming out. Made plays on the ball in coverage. Took bad angles in the run game. I remember the one on a Tedd Ginn kick return for a TD where Nelson took one of the worst angles I've seen. He often didn't wrap up but went for the big hit instead. Was nicknamed the eraser because of this. He is closer to hooker than hooker is to earl. Everyone wants to make the earl comparison because he is great and more recent.

One of us is misremembering, and I'm almost positive it wasn't me. Because if you remember, he had a huge spike in interceptions in his final season at Florida and most thought he fell [inappropriate/removed] backwards into them. Fortunately, he still managed to accumulate those interceptions in the NFL. Like you said, he's known for his bit hits.

Reggie Nelson was the Gators Center-Fielder. He was amazing in that role. Dude had serious speed, range, and ball-skills. That's why he got the Ints.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are your guys top 5 single high safetys in this class?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 19 of 59

Jump to: