You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 57, 58, 59  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land Of 10‏ @landof10
Police report: Former Michigan CB Jourdan Lewis dragged girlfriend, grabbed her throat http://trib.al/8DQ5yuK

Well this certainly hurts him a little bit.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
winitall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
Land Of 10‏ @landof10
Police report: Former Michigan CB Jourdan Lewis dragged girlfriend, grabbed her throat http://trib.al/8DQ5yuK

I'm guessing you didn't actually click on the link in the tweet did you? If you did I am genuinely curious how you think this is going to hurt him? Reading the article he was trying to do the responsible thing and leave.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Land Of 10‏ @landof10

I'm guessing you didn't actually click on the link in the tweet did you? If you did I am genuinely curious how you think this is going to hurt him? Reading the article he was trying to do the responsible thing and leave.

Reading the article there's two totally different sides to the story, as usual.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Land Of 10‏ @landof10

I did.
Still a situation where it doesn't look good. No proof of which side to believe.

I also said a little bit, I never said he was going to be undraftable now.

-Dan Gable
winitall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Land Of 10‏ @landof10

The girl has admitted that she grabbed his legs to stop him from leaving.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Land Of 10‏ @landof10

I did.
Still a situation where it doesn't look good. No proof of which side to believe.

So if you were in his situation, what would you have done differently?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:
Jlash wrote:
winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Land Of 10‏ @landof10

And he admits he grabbed her neck. Sounds like they're both pretty bad for each other.
winitall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
winitall wrote:
Jlash wrote:
winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Land Of 10‏ @landof10

And he admits he grabbed her neck. Sounds like they're both pretty bad for each other.

I will definitely agree that they are both bad for each other. I'm just struggling to see how he is charged with domestic violence and she is not charged with anything when she admits to pushing, hitting, and preventing him from leaving. Either charge both of them or neither.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
Land Of 10‏ @landof10

I did.

So if you were in his situation, what would you have done differently?

Call the cops while in the room so this dragging and throat grabbing didn't happen. In this situation then all he would say is I want to play in the NFL and not ruin my chances when he has to talk to teams about it. Now he has to work his way around grabbing a girl by the throat by saying it was an accident with no video.

I mean you can clearly see if you are grabbing someone by the throat in the heat of a argument or a fight, or anything. You aren't having your eyes closed and reaching around.

He should be strong enough to just remove the girls arms from his legs if he can drag her around that way.

-Dan Gable
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:

I will definitely agree that they are both bad for each other. I'm just struggling to see how he is charged with domestic violence and she is not charged with anything when she admits to pushing, hitting, and preventing him from leaving. Either charge both of them or neither.

I 100% agree with this.

-Dan Gable
winitall

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:

Call the cops while in the room so this dragging and throat grabbing didn't happen. In this situation then all he would say is I want to play in the NFL and not ruin my chances when he has to talk to teams about it. Now he has to work his way around grabbing a girl by the throat by saying it was an accident with no video.

I mean you can clearly see if you are grabbing someone by the throat in the heat of a argument or a fight, or anything. You aren't having your eyes closed and reaching around.

He should be strong enough to just remove the girls arms from his legs if he can drag her around that way.

I'd agree that calling the cops would have been a much better solution and that he made a few mistakes. It just seems frustrating because from all accounts besides this he has been a model citizen. Along with the fact that at least part of him was trying to do the right thing and walk away. It feels more like a bad situation than something where he is going to have more character issues going forward IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winitall wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

I'd agree that calling the cops would have been a much better solution and that he made a few mistakes. It just seems frustrating because from all accounts besides this he has been a model citizen. Along with the fact that at least part of him was trying to do the right thing and walk away. It feels more like a bad situation than something where he is going to have more character issues going forward IMO.

No doubt, only other thing I have really seen is in that article where a call for a domestic dispute has been called to the same place. Nothing came out of that but no real information on it.

What didn't help him in the first place is that he isn't received as a top CB in the draft. Will be interesting to follow and see what ends up happening with him.

-Dan Gable
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtney Fallon‏ @CourtneyFallon_
#UCLA CB Fabian Moreau suffered what's believed to be a pectoral injury during the bench press today. Full injury extent not clear yet.

OH NO!

DB's going down with issues like flies lately!

-Dan Gable
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Brian Allen from Utah at cornerback? He played in 42 games in his career (32 at cornerback) with 12 starts....pretty impressive physical skill set (6'-3", 215 lbs., 34" arm length, 10" hand size) with 4.48 in the 40 and a 6.64 in the 3 cone. Raw and inexperienced. Does he have a shot at developing into a starting caliber big cornerback or is he more like fools gold?

I can't remember a draft with as many big cornerbacks (+6' and around or above 200 lbs.)

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!
Maverick41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouting report I wrote on Jeremy Cutrer. Believe he could possibly project better as a safety. Weight will be a serious concern.

bossvegas wrote:
to be fair some people just don't like traffic signs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 53 of 59

Jump to: