You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlon Humphrey is the truth!

He's the physical prototype. If Eli Apple can go 10th overall, then Humphrey should go that high too, because he's better than Apple.

He's big, long, and built like an athlete. Very loose hipped and has a flexible upper body too. Light feet. Fast. Long arms.

Willing in run support. Looks capable of both man and zone. Could be a bit more aggressive playing the ball vs. playing his man.

Will only be a redshirt sophomore. Depending on his perceived draft stock could be a possible early entrant.
_________________
Ambrose wrote:
Measurables don't mean anything if you're terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Marlon Humphrey. Will only be a redshirt sophomore. Depending on his perceived draft stock could be a possible early entrant.

He's a legacy Alabama recruit and from Alabama. His dad played at Alabama. He has a picture of Albert Einstein as his Twitter account picture. Now that might all mean nothing or he might have that attitude that he's staying to make a legacy at Alabama. If he was some kid from Houston riding the Alabama success train I might feel a little more inclined to believe he'd leave early. We'll see. But yeah, he's really good, looks the part.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budda Baker is nice. Plays FS for Washington but I think he's more of nickel/3rd safety type that will cover the slot and be a rover coverage player. He's quick, pretty fast, and reads the field well.

Really willing to come up and tackle, too, but limited by small stature.
_________________
Ambrose wrote:
Measurables don't mean anything if you're terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamar Summers vs BYU is available on Draft Breakdown.

Don't think he's an "elite" athlete, but see no reason why he's not as good or better than Jalen Tabor.
_________________
Ambrose wrote:
Measurables don't mean anything if you're terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LitesOut13


Joined: 26 Nov 2013
Posts: 3331
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Jamar Summers vs BYU is available on Draft Breakdown.

Don't think he's an "elite" athlete, but see no reason why he's not as good or better than Jalen Tabor.


My first quick pass through of Tabor and I wasnt impressed. Maybe it is a bit of expecting more because of the hype, but he didnt look like this elite prospect people keep touting him as
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grizmo78


Joined: 24 Dec 2008
Posts: 1071
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
Budda Baker is nice. Plays FS for Washington but I think he's more of nickel/3rd safety type that will cover the slot and be a rover coverage player. He's quick, pretty fast, and reads the field well.

Really willing to come up and tackle, too, but limited by small stature.


He reminds me a lot of Tyrann Mathieu or a little bit like Earl Thomas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11791
Location: Crabtown
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post

Last edited by sp6488 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11791
Location: Crabtown
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Marlon Humphrey. Will only be a redshirt sophomore. Depending on his perceived draft stock could be a possible early entrant.

He's a legacy Alabama recruit and from Alabama. His dad played at Alabama. He has a picture of Albert Einstein as his Twitter account picture. Now that might all mean nothing or he might have that attitude that he's staying to make a legacy at Alabama. If he was some kid from Houston riding the Alabama success train I might feel a little more inclined to believe he'd leave early. We'll see. But yeah, he's really good, looks the part.


Just like Albert Einstein... Wink

On topic, where do you guys see Will Likely being drafted? He's clearly undersized, but has been a great man cover guy in college as well as one of the most dangerous return men. I would guess late 2nd or 3rd round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MSURacerDT55


Joined: 05 Jan 2009
Posts: 7641
Location: 8 mile by way of St. Clair E.99
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
jshowers wrote:
Marlon Humphrey. Will only be a redshirt sophomore. Depending on his perceived draft stock could be a possible early entrant.

He's a legacy Alabama recruit and from Alabama. His dad played at Alabama. He has a picture of Albert Einstein as his Twitter account picture. Now that might all mean nothing or he might have that attitude that he's staying to make a legacy at Alabama. If he was some kid from Houston riding the Alabama success train I might feel a little more inclined to believe he'd leave early. We'll see. But yeah, he's really good, looks the part.


Just like Albert Einstein... Wink

On topic, where do you guys see Will Likely being drafted? He's clearly undersized, but has been a great man cover guy in college as well as one of the most dangerous return men. I would guess late 2nd or 3rd round.



I think there is no doubt Likely will likely be drafted, he plays way bigger than his size suggests. I can even foresee him being one of the better slot corners in the league when he gets there once he gets established. He as natural a corner as there is in this class
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This class is going to flood the NFL with good DBs. Good lord.
_________________
Ambrose wrote:
Measurables don't mean anything if you're terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
This class is going to flood the NFL with good DBs. Good lord.


Who's your favorite so far?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
jshowers wrote:
This class is going to flood the NFL with good DBs. Good lord.


Who's your favorite so far?


Probably Jamal Adams. I love the safety class. He, along with Eddie Jackson, Quin Blanding make up a talented first tier (of the player I've seen so far).

At corner, I really like Cameron Sutton, Cordrea Tankersley, Tre'Davious White, and Jamar Summers.

Budda Baker is an awesome nickel. Jourdan Lewis and Malik Foreman are nice slot options as well.

If healthy, Brandon Facyson is a stud. People have slept on/overlooked him.
_________________
Ambrose wrote:
Measurables don't mean anything if you're terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
jshowers wrote:
This class is going to flood the NFL with good DBs. Good lord.


Who's your favorite so far?


Probably Jamal Adams. I love the safety class. He, along with Eddie Jackson, Quin Blanding make up a talented first tier (of the player I've seen so far).

At corner, I really like Cameron Sutton, Cordrea Tankersley, Tre'Davious White, and Jamar Summers.

Budda Baker is an awesome nickel. Jourdan Lewis and Malik Foreman are nice slot options as well.

If healthy, Brandon Facyson is a stud. People have slept on/overlooked him.


Health will be huge but yeah, Faycson caught my eye on Fuller tapes. Doesn't he have experience at CB & SAF or is that Chuck Clark?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:


Health will be huge but yeah, Faycson caught my eye on Fuller tapes. Doesn't he have experience at CB & SAF or is that Chuck Clark?


Believe Facyson has exclusively played corner.
_________________
Ambrose wrote:
Measurables don't mean anything if you're terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
tannenballs wrote:


Health will be huge but yeah, Faycson caught my eye on Fuller tapes. Doesn't he have experience at CB & SAF or is that Chuck Clark?


Believe Facyson has exclusively played corner.


I just looked it up and it was Clark I was thinking of. I just figured it was Faycson because of his size.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 3 of 59

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group