Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 LB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
A poster in the Rams forum had an interesting thought. I don't think Ryan Anderson has the ability to be an impact edge rusher. Some of you feel the same. Some of you don't. For those of you who feel the same as I do, what do you think of Ryan Anderson as a 3-4 Jack ILB (thumper)?

I actually think it's a role that would fit him well.

I commented the same thing last week on the niners' forum (but it's kinda irrelevant since we're moving away from the 3-4 I guess). I see Anderson as being able to shed blocks left and right, and his past as an edge rusher could lead to a future as an inside blitzer.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
A poster in the Rams forum had an interesting thought. I don't think Ryan Anderson has the ability to be an impact edge rusher. Some of you feel the same. Some of you don't. For those of you who feel the same as I do, what do you think of Ryan Anderson as a 3-4 Jack ILB (thumper)?

I actually think it's a role that would fit him well.

I commented the same thing last week on the niners' forum (but it's kinda irrelevant since we're moving away from the 3-4 I guess). I see Anderson as being able to shed blocks left and right, and his past as an edge rusher could lead to a future as an inside blitzer.

I still think he'd fit the 49ers 4-3 under as a SLB. The problem is his pass rush ceiling is limited you might want to end up replacing him in a couple years.

I do think Anderson could become a D'Qwell Jackson type 2-down ILB in this class, but only after he gives the edge a shot.
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody else like Elijah Lee? He'll miss some tackles but he looks like a really good athlete and I saw him stand up a lot of OL on Stanford, he even pancaked one of their guards.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:
Anybody else like Elijah Lee? He'll miss some tackles but he looks like a really good athlete and I saw him stand up a lot of OL on Stanford, he even pancaked one of their guards.

He's one of my guys. Watched him a while back. He's a little raw and needs some time but he looks the part, very young guy.
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Chwf3rd25 wrote:

He's one of my guys. Watched him a while back. He's a little raw and needs some time but he looks the part, very young guy.

I didn't like the West Virginia tape but he flashed a lot against Stanford.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude's a beast. Just a baby.
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know much about Lee until I saw him on a combine snub list. Watched more and more and he looks very much like a modern NFL LB. Surprised he wasn't invited.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Tyus Bowser and Jordan Willis recently, and I like both for very different reasons. Bowser is a stellar athlete with a ton of upside who's very raw. He has speed, agility, bend, and pop in his hands. Willis isn't an elite athlete, but he's a very sound player. He can definitely improve in regards to varying his pass rush attacks, but his hand usage is outstanding.

I feel like Willis is a better fit in a 3-4, but my one concern is that he seems so much more explosive out of his stance when he has at least one hand in the dirt. I love his relentlessness, effort, and the way he controls OTs with his hands, though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marquel Lee or Elijah Lee?
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this was posted yet, sorry if so.

http://deadspin.com/alabamas-reuben-foster-sent-home-from-nfl-combine-after-1792968096

Quote:
Foster grew impatient with long line for exams... pulled the 'do you know who I am?' card.

Laughing

Edit: ESPN cited in article.

Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freak_of_nature wrote:
Marquel Lee or Elijah Lee?

I like both, but I like Elijah more. He's more versatile as either an OLB in a 4-3 ir an WILB in a 3-4 who stays on the field in nickel and dime.

Marquel Lee is a bit more scheme specific due to his limited range and stiffness, but he's a heck of an A-gap blitzer if teams decide to use him that way.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Foster thing was discussed in the Combine thread a little bit. Not sure what to make of it. I'm not sure why Reuben Foster was in such a hurry. Chill out. Read a magazine. My guess is that he was cranky after not getting much sleep and just blew a fuse. Thousands of guys have done the hospital visit and waited for hours. I've never heard of a guy throwing a fit and getting kicked out. People will make it out to be something. People will call it irrelevant. It just furthers the thought of him being a dummy. I've said it about him many times. He's a dummy. Not a bad guy though. He's a guy who will play well but you have to deal with his personality a little bit. Not a humble guy. That medical check was important and nobody got to look at it.
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
The Foster thing was discussed in the Combine thread a little bit. Not sure what to make of it. I'm not sure why Reuben Foster was in such a hurry. Chill out. Read a magazine. My guess is that he was cranky after not getting much sleep and just blew a fuse. Thousands of guys have done the hospital visit and waited for hours. I've never heard of a guy throwing a fit and getting kicked out. People will make it out to be something. People will call it irrelevant. It just furthers the thought of him being a dummy. I've said it about him many times. He's a dummy. Not a bad guy though. He's a guy who will play well but you have to deal with his personality a little bit. Not a humble guy. That medical check was important and nobody got to look at it.

Quote:
Dan Kadar
@MockingTheDraft

Ryan Anderson said that because he and other players were at the hospital so long last night they were missing team meetings.

Could be relevant. I could see the situation going down something like this:
Foster waiting 5 hours, missing meeting, tell them to hurry up, they don't he says something like "do you know who I am, I'm going to be a high draft pick, I can't be missing these team meetings" (i.e. losing cash), they still don't care, situation escalates.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no shortage of opportunities over the next two months for Reuben Foster to meet with teams.
Jlash

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
Quote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:

Quote:
Dan Kadar
@MockingTheDraft

Ryan Anderson said that because he and other players were at the hospital so long last night they were missing team meetings.

Could be relevant. I could see the situation going down something like this:
Foster waiting 5 hours, missing meeting, tell them to hurry up, they don't he says something like "do you know who I am, I'm going to be a high draft pick, I can't be missing these team meetings" (i.e. losing cash), they still don't care, situation escalates.

On the other hand I can't see a team penalizing him for being in line for his physical. You know? It's not like they don't know where he is. That part doesn't make sense to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17

Jump to: