You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 LB Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoSojia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Let's start a rumor about Reuben Foster so he slides to 20. Everyone down?

He taught Manziel everything he knows.. off the field.

ftfy
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Duke Riley? He'll get eaten up by some blocks and tackles guys from the side a little bit but that seems like a fair trade off for his movement skills and explosion.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else a fan of converting s guy like Rayshawn Jenkins to a full time WLB role? I think he's got the ability for it. It might even be his most natural position.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:
Thoughts on Duke Riley? He'll get eaten up by some blocks and tackles guys from the side a little bit but that seems like a fair trade off for his movement skills and explosion.

That dude doesn't want to tackle anybody.
Fureys49ers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Chwf3rd25 wrote:

I don't necccesarily think that's true at all, he seems a very willing and able tackler. While I do think his size will allow him to be pushed around a bit it's hard to ignore this guys speed on the football field. Has the ability to scrape sideline to sideline or shoot a gap and make a play in the backfield. Also appears very capable in pass coverage having a good feel for zones. He'll need some decent LBs around as sometimes his speed has him over pursue or come in out of control and he can be taken out of a play if an OL works their way up the field but I like him a lot as a WILL with the ability to stay on the field all 3 downs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Jlash wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Are there any LBs in this draft that are like Deion Jones, other than Foster, who just are rangy and can cover TEs effectively?

Because the Giants have needed a guy like that for years but JR just doesn't seem willing to do so. We're seeing those guys in the league become as valuable as heck. Not to mention when you have Hankins and Harrison beefing up the middle, it's gonna help mightily.

Duke Riley from LSU is fast and can cover well.

I haven't seen a ton of Riley, nobody really talks about him. Sort of falls behind the big names in this class.

Probably because he's the softest linebacker I've ever seen.

Please provide some examples. I've watched some cut ups and dude flies to the ball. He had almost 20 tackles in one game and some were within 3 yards from the LOS. I see him as a Ryan Shazier type player and if he is around in the 3rd, would love the Steelers to draft him. This guy plays with some nastiness and is NOWHERE near soft.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Chwf3rd25 wrote:

I'm not sure I understand this comment. I've watched Duke Riley against Ole Miss, Alabama and Florida, and in none of those games did I note that his tackling effort was lacking. He's not the most physical linebacker, I'll admit that, but he's not afraid to get dirty. His toughness and willingness as a tackler was especially evident against Florida. Of course I can find some bad angles, some hesitation, and some launch-pad missed tackles in his video this year which is common for a first time starter at linebacker, but I didn't see a soft linebacker. Aside from the game video I've watched, "doesn't want to tackle" doesn't jive with being voted a team captain before the season and being voted Team MVP after the season ended. I don't see it. I don't think his teammates or coaches saw it either.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a game or two of Jarrad Davis, he's a good athlete but his instincts and play recognition is poor. He bites too much on the play action fakes and misdirection runs. The amount of times he gets sucked into a little deception he bites fully. He's a very good athlete though.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
I saw a game or two of Jarrad Davis, he's a good athlete but his instincts and play recognition is poor. He bites too much on the play action fakes and misdirection runs. The amount of times he gets sucked into a little deception he bites fully. He's a very good athlete though.

I think he projects best as an OLB and A-gap blitzer. A good coach could harness his hyper-activity. The most annoying part of his game for me is how many TFLs he leaves on the field because his inability to break down and square up.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarrad Davis will always play like a wild dog to some level. But I think a lot of his bad habits can be coached out of him. His passion for the game is off the charts so I have some faith he can be mended. That, coupled with his athleticism, I'm not going to overthink things too much. He's high-cut and hyper-physical, that's what scares me. Leg injuries. Dude has explosive chase, he pops like so many linebackers in this class don't. You can bring up that he overruns plays and makes mistakes here and there but you can't honestly tell me his replacement would even be in the position to make many of the plays Davis is in on in the first place.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jarrad Davis will always play like a wild dog to some level. But I think a lot of his bad habits can be coached out of him. His passion for the game is off the charts so I have some faith he can be mended. That, coupled with his athleticism, I'm not going to overthink things too much. He's high-cut and hyper-physical, that's what scares me. Leg injuries. Dude has explosive chase, he pops like so many linebackers in this class don't. You can bring up that he overruns plays and makes mistakes here and there but you can't honestly tell me his replacement would even be in the position to make many of the plays Davis is in on in the first place.

Agreed. I don't think he's as gifted as Jamie Collins, but they play similarly. A little out of control and not very fundamentally sound, but can wreck a game with their physicality and aggression. Both guys excel at blitzing, as they can run through OG's with power or just knife through with pure speed. Both are truck hitters, but their footwork is questionable. If you watch Davis' feet, they are rarely in sync and he gets over-extended. Great RB's will be able to cut back consistently on him. Luckily this is a coachable thing. For a guy that will likely go in the early 2nd, I think it'll be worth the price. You can't teach that kind of "eff you" play in a LB. Plus he has natural physical gifts and leadership skills. The out of control style will hopefully slowly start to melt away with experience.
lark25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of people forget just how athletically gifted Jamie Collins is. I'd be very cautious using him as a comp for any LB this year, however I could be surprised...
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how Davis looks at the combine. His comps kinda remind me of Derrick Johnson.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
I wonder how Davis looks at the combine.

He's not participating due to his ankle injury.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A poster in the Rams forum had an interesting thought. I don't think Ryan Anderson has the ability to be an impact edge rusher. Some of you feel the same. Some of you don't. For those of you who feel the same as I do, what do you think of Ryan Anderson as a 3-4 Jack ILB (thumper)?

I actually think it's a role that would fit him well.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: