Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indigo_rex wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
How about his inability to follow combine drills? Drills that he's surely done over and over in preparation for the event yet still repeatedly did them incorrectly? That's not concerning? I think all these things need to taken into account when wondering if he's going to be a mistake prone player at the next level if you're asking him to do anything other than run directly at the QB.

Do you have any videos or GIFs to back that up? I'm legitimately asking, because I wasn't able to watch it.

I'm at work now, so I don't have time to search but I can't be the only one who saw this. But there was more than a couple times he did drills wrong. At one point he'd messed up one of the bag drills 2-3 times and was asked to just step out and let someone else go.

Takk McKinley struggled with instructions at the combine. I watched it. Very apparent.

The only instructions he needs is go get the quarterback

Bud Dupre had almost identical issues coming out.

Yeah, but Dupree's explosive power was literally unprecedented; whereas, Takk tested like a lighter Dante Fowler (not good).

I'm not talking about on-field stuff.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watch Keion Adams? More of a SAM at the next level, but he is an intrugiung standup backer in a 4-3, maybe the right 3-4

#1 ET Supporter
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
indigo_rex wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Jlash wrote:
How about his inability to follow combine drills? Drills that he's surely done over and over in preparation for the event yet still repeatedly did them incorrectly? That's not concerning? I think all these things need to taken into account when wondering if he's going to be a mistake prone player at the next level if you're asking him to do anything other than run directly at the QB.

Do you have any videos or GIFs to back that up? I'm legitimately asking, because I wasn't able to watch it.

I'm at work now, so I don't have time to search but I can't be the only one who saw this. But there was more than a couple times he did drills wrong. At one point he'd messed up one of the bag drills 2-3 times and was asked to just step out and let someone else go.

Takk McKinley struggled with instructions at the combine. I watched it. Very apparent.

The only instructions he needs is go get the quarterback

Bud Dupre had almost identical issues coming out.

Yeah, but Dupree's explosive power was literally unprecedented; whereas, Takk tested like a lighter Dante Fowler (not good).

I'm not talking about on-field stuff.

Dupree scored a 13 on his wonderlik. Since a score of 10 is considered normal Bud is very slightly above average in his problem solving ability. So if a 10 is normal Takk is well below average.

Again, I think McKinley will do fine as a 4-3 RDE. I do not think he has the mental capacity to play OLB in a 3-4.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Dupree scored a 13 on his wonderlik. Since a score of 10 is considered normal Bud is very slightly above average in his problem solving ability. So if a 10 is normal Takk is well below average.

In general both were considered slow learners and not bright. Whether it's a 10 or a 3 it's very poor and if Takk's score is really a three he'll probably re-take it and score higher like everyone does. I think Takk and Dupre are in the same realm.
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do people think about Jarron Jones? I just watched the Miami tape and I was blown away. Is that an outlier? That's the only game draftbreakdown has from the last two years so i cant watch any other games.
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:
What do people think about Jarron Jones? I just watched the Miami tape and I was blown away. Is that an outlier? That's the only game draftbreakdown has from the last two years so i cant watch any other games.

http://draftbreakdown.com/?s=NOTRE+DAME

There is plenty of video of 2016 Notre Dame's defense. Just watch the games with offensive players in the link above.
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Chwf3rd25 wrote:

http://draftbreakdown.com/?s=NOTRE+DAME

There is plenty of video of 2016 Notre Dame's defense. Just watch the games with offensive players in the link above.

Cool, what do you think of him?
brownie man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chwf3rd25 wrote:

He could be the next Jurrell Casey

Not so much in skillset but in value.

He'll be the undervalued guy everyone forgot about then will get to a 34 team and just be that one guy no one is really able to block.

I never even predicted Kizer to fail, I simply said he was an over drafted project. Now tell me that I am wrong in that regard.

^^^^
This dude is gonna look real bad
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
He'll be the undervalued guy everyone forgot about.

Nobody gets forgotten.
reamer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami tape is his upside, yeah, but he's reportedly a bit lazy and not the best at taking coaching. Combine that with some really poor testing numbers, and he's got some red flags. If he grows up a bit and becomes more disciplined, then he could be a force to be reckoned with, but I have some serious doubts.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone's take on Joe Mathis? Can he transition to OLB? He seems like a guy that will be much better than where he is drafted. Any predictions on which round he will be drafted?

Deadpulse on the sig
Chwf3rd25

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
What's everyone's take on Joe Mathis? Can he transition to OLB? He seems like a guy that will be much better than where he is drafted. Any predictions on which round he will be drafted?

I just watched him last night and I liked him a lot. Really strong, sets a great edge, stacks and sheds OTs, and shows a little dip in his pass rush. I think he can be a Sam in a 4-3 w/ pass rushing abilities. I value him in the 3rd/4th myself.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:

Eh, not sure about being able to play in space against NFL caliber athletes. Has really good hands, has a weird build, not a great athlete. Reminds me of Nate Orchard

Anywhere 4th and after will be ok for him
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
MOSteelers56 wrote:

Eh, not sure about being able to play in space against NFL caliber athletes. Has really good hands, has a weird build, not a great athlete. Reminds me of Nate Orchard

Agreed.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarran Jones is a stud in the making. Apparently he has laziness issues and was in the doghouse with his coaching staff. Somebody said this on here...assuming it's accurate. I love his game though. Superb power and speed for an interior player. Every ht/wt/spd box checked. He ruins run games. What I've heard about his character would cause me to place him in the 3rd round range. What I've seen on tape would make me take him in the 1st round.

Jaleel Johnson and Jarran Jones are 2 sneaky future pro bowl DT's IMO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: