Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Anyone heard that Takk scored a 3 on his wonderlic? I knew he had some learning issues but if it is true he will fall to the 3rd round.

Not surprised. Takk is such a dummy. I can laugh because I'm one too. Laughing

I mean.......we all saw he couldn't follow basic instructions on most of the position drills.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Anyone heard that Takk scored a 3 on his wonderlic? I knew he had some learning issues but if it is true he will fall to the 3rd round.

I mean.......we all saw he couldn't follow basic instructions on most of the position drills.

You could fill in all 'C' on the wonderlic form and get a 10. it takes some serious effort to get a 3.

I understand he he has Special Ed needs at school. Special athlete with a 1 cent brain. He could only be a situational pass rusher.

I hope someone else takes him before the Steelers pick.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
jebrick wrote:

You could fill in all 'C' on the wonderlic form and get a 10. it takes some serious effort to get a 3.

I understand he he has Special Ed needs at school. Special athlete with a 1 cent brain. He could only be a situational pass rusher.

it's not a multiple choice test

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
reamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Odenigbo? I am worried I'm hyping him beyond what others see, but he looks like a solid 3rd rounder to me, with starter potential.

6'3"HEIGHT
32 5/8"ARM LENGTH
258LBS.WEIGHT
10 1/2"HANDS

4.72 SEC
25 REPS
31.5 INCH
128.0 INCH
7.26 SEC
4.40 SEC

How is this guy so under the radar? He's the 26th DE on nfldraftscout.com, which would most likely make him an undrafted free agent, but he led the Big 10 in sacks. Double-digit sacks this year, including back to back multi-sack games against Iowa and Michigan State. He has almost identical size and testing numbers to Tarell Basham, for example, but against far better level of competition -- yet one is listed in everyone's top 10, and the other is considered barely draftable. He's a really powerful player from what I've seen. He had 4 sacks against Iowa this year, and they're a pretty well-coached OL unit.

When reviewing my game notes, I found an emerging theme of recurring words and phrases: “tree stump,” “violent,” “dominating,” “sturdy,” “overwhelming power,” etc. Strong punch to put tackle off balance, and often follows it up with a jerk or pull on the jersey when the tackle tries to regain equilibrium. Used occasionally as a standup blitzer from inside linebacker, or sometimes will reduce to 3-tech. Aggressive player who thrives on contact. Seems tough and mentally engaged at all times.

In my opinion, he's an extremely underrated player with solid traits and production — not a lot separating Odenigbo from the better known names in this class. Great in interviews, with an engaged, humble, and focused style of communication. Seems to have the drive and demeanor to be a reliable, responsible pro football player. Comes across as a mature, intelligent individual. Locker room leader. Well respected within the program. What am I missing??

I've read that the knock against him is his play against the run, but when watching his games, I see stuff like this:

https://gfycat.com/SlimPaleIaerismetalmark

Or how about this play?

What I love about this sack is that Odenigbo has completely convinced the tackle that he’s going to bull-rush again, and then the tackle is left ducking his head at empty air when Odenigbo turns upfield. Although he’s primarily a physical bull-rusher, Odenigbo possess the playspeed to get outside and turn the edge on a tackle. It’s worth noting that he weighed in bigger and faster than Charles Harris, who is regarded as a speed rusher.

https://gfycat.com/HelpfulDelectableCopperbutterfly

Four sack game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm2A4Vq3U3w
Forge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I don't know if he's even that with his 3 cone times.

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:

Please tell me you didn't just correlate a wonderlic score and his future? That's about one of the worst correlations I've ever seen.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Techbert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Please tell me you didn't just correlate a wonderlic score and his future? That's about one of the worst correlations I've ever seen.

While it is not the strongest predictor, plenty of people who scored at the top and the bottom of the Wonderlic had trouble transitioning into the league.
reckless123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
jebrick wrote:
Jlash wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
jebrick wrote:

I don't know if he's even that with his 3 cone times.

I don't know if you should really be taking that time at face value given the circumstances

Be Humble. Sit Down.
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially worried about Jonathon Allen while loving him throughout the process before this shoulder stuff came out. Those types of problems do not age well in defensive lineman at all. Could be the kind of player who is great for about 5 years, when healthy and then falls off of a cliff because he can't engage NFL level offensive lineman anymore well with his hands/upper body despite having the anchor/lower half for it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I haven't been keeping up with the draft this year. Who are some DL that are essentially bowling balls? You know the type, 6'1'' and 330 lb. type guys?
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatlineman wrote:
Ok, so I haven't been keeping up with the draft this year. Who are some DL that are essentially bowling balls? You know the type, 6'1'' and 330 lb. type guys?

Go on CBS and check their DL rankings.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm officially worried about Jonathon Allen while loving him throughout the process before this shoulder stuff came out. Those types of problems do not age well in defensive lineman at all. Could be the kind of player who is great for about 5 years, when healthy and then falls off of a cliff because he can't engage NFL level offensive lineman anymore well with his hands/upper body despite having the anchor/lower half for it.

Ya, arthritis isn't anything to mess with. My GF is in her mid 20's and has it in her neck/shoulders so badly that she cant even do yoga anymore.

Its almost certain to shorten his career IMO. Such a great talent and kid, but that is a hell of a red flag.
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techbert wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
jebrick wrote:

While it is not the strongest predictor, plenty of people who scored at the top and the bottom of the Wonderlic had trouble transitioning into the league.

Realize what the Wonderlik tests is problem solving ability. Can you process information to solve a problem. It is also timed so you must process quickly.

Lets assume that he is not messing round and just getting a low number. He really has an issue following directions or processing information. you might see him mess up drills at the combine because he could not follow instructions.

From the Steeler point of view on what they ask their OLB to do Takk would be a waste. If he does struggle with processing info do you ask him to drop into coverage? To diagnose plays?

That is why I think he will work as a 1 gap DE who just has to react and shot his gap.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:

If I'm getting 5 great years out of him, I'd take that.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:

Am I the only one that doesn't really see it with his game? To me his game is pretty reminiscent of what Jonathan Bullard was last year, and the biggest difference is that he plays on an Alabama DL that shifts the attention away from him on every play, and he's almost every play left 1 v 1 vs a OG. He's strong as you can imagine, but he isn't going to out athlete anyone in the NFL, even inside, and he tries to play a fineness game rushing the passer, and just ends up sitting there playing patty cake with the OL FAR too often.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 40 of 45

Jump to: