You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 DL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.Buzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
Even then, I still don't like the comparison. Tim Williams is more squatty, and not nearly as explosive as Maybin was. Williams is also much better in the power game than Maybin ever was.

Ya, Maybin was a pretty lanky athlete. I got his 40 from Wiki so my bad. But he was a pretty darn good short area athlete and could explode off the LOS. He just wasn't physical enough for the NFL and didn't seem to really enjoy the life.

Williams doesn't really shy away from contact, he just isn't the athlete that his numbers would indicate. Really hate to do it, but he might need a Jarvis Jones comparison. Not as bad an athlete but a guy who really isn't as good as his numbers would indicate.
Williams is an absolutely phenomenal athlete who should test similarly to Vic Beasley. He's also the reason why Leonard Fournette struggled against Alabama. He's a great run defender, he just doesn't get the chance to prove it much for the Crimson Tide (maybe in the dog house?) He played 18-51 percent of snaps for Alabama other than in the LSU game, when he played 69 and absolutely ruined the Tigers up front.

Good to see I'm not alone on an island here with Tim Williams.

What range you think he goes in the draft?

El Ramster on the sig
A TRAIN 89

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are the more explosive/disruptive DL prospects in this crop?

I think its often tough to project how/where guys play in the NFL, but one trait that usually translates well is explosion/ability to disrupt on regular basis.

Think Michael Bennett. Doesn't seem have a true DL position, but his ability to disrupt allows him to move along the DL and be very successful.
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:

I think its often tough to project how/where guys play in the NFL, but one trait that usually translates well is explosion/ability to disrupt on regular basis.

Think Michael Bennett. Doesn't seem have a true DL position, but his ability to disrupt allows him to move along the DL and be very successful.

Carlos Watkins for sure.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:

Solomon Thomas is definitely more Bennett than Watt

David Njoku, Jourdan Lewis, Steven Taylor, Tedric Thompson, Marlon Mack, Brian Hill, OJ Howard, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Eddie Jackson

Deforest Buckner is the best player in the 2016 draft class
justo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
justo wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:
Even then, I still don't like the comparison. Tim Williams is more squatty, and not nearly as explosive as Maybin was. Williams is also much better in the power game than Maybin ever was.

Ya, Maybin was a pretty lanky athlete. I got his 40 from Wiki so my bad. But he was a pretty darn good short area athlete and could explode off the LOS. He just wasn't physical enough for the NFL and didn't seem to really enjoy the life.

Williams doesn't really shy away from contact, he just isn't the athlete that his numbers would indicate. Really hate to do it, but he might need a Jarvis Jones comparison. Not as bad an athlete but a guy who really isn't as good as his numbers would indicate.
Williams is an absolutely phenomenal athlete who should test similarly to Vic Beasley. He's also the reason why Leonard Fournette struggled against Alabama. He's a great run defender, he just doesn't get the chance to prove it much for the Crimson Tide (maybe in the dog house?) He played 18-51 percent of snaps for Alabama other than in the LSU game, when he played 69 and absolutely ruined the Tigers up front.

Good to see I'm not alone on an island here with Tim Williams.

What range you think he goes in the draft?
Depends on off-field.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

Not if they're short. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

justo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

F y'all and your hate for the short arms. Me, Brandon Graham, Clay Matthews and Melvin Ingram are chillin in your backfield.

DeMarcus Walker: Not Good

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

F y'all and your hate for the short arms. Me, Brandon Graham, Clay Matthews and Melvin Ingram are chillin in your backfield.

If there's anything that Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, Mike Daniels, Jurrell Casey, and Grady Jarrett have taught us, it's that explosion and disruption don't amount to anything if you're short. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

If there's anything that Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, Mike Daniels, Jurrell Casey, and Grady Jarrett have taught us, it's that explosion and disruption don't amount to anything if you're short. Laughing

It is much easier for interior guys than edge guys to get away with it.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

The Rams actually had Donald play LDE at points this year. Donald absolutely abused the RT he went up against. Great players are great players.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

I have yet to meet a DE coach who thinks that allowing a tackle to get to your outside shoulder is a good idea. You should be half-manning a guy anyway, and one arm is always going to be longer than two. Arm length is a farce.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
justo wrote:
A TRAIN 89 wrote:
dingdingding

I have yet to meet a DE coach who thinks that allowing a tackle to get to your outside shoulder is a good idea. You should be half-manning a guy anyway, and one arm is always going to be longer than two. Arm length is a farce.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
birdman70

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a good NT for the Falcons to draft. Would like some options at different levels of the draft. I see this position as something that would round out the team and free Grady Jarrett to penetrate. Any help would be much appreciated.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 28 of 45

Jump to: