You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 OL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
clyde_carbon


Joined: 10 May 2014
Posts: 4036
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien Mama is the best OG I've watched so far. What a brute.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 20588
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clyde_carbon wrote:
Damien Mama is the best OG I've watched so far. What a brute.


I don't like him, man. He reminds me of watching Denver Kirkland from this past year. Heavy handed and immovable but his SPARQ is going to be in the bottom quarter of interior OLs for sure and he can't get outside the tackle box or to the 2nd level.

I like three of USCs OLs better than Mama - Banner, Talamaivo, Lobendahn.
_________________
Ambrose wrote:
Measurables don't mean anything if you're terrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clyde_carbon


Joined: 10 May 2014
Posts: 4036
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
clyde_carbon wrote:
Damien Mama is the best OG I've watched so far. What a brute.


I don't like him, man. He reminds me of watching Denver Kirkland from this past year. Heavy handed and immovable but his SPARQ is going to be in the bottom quarter of interior OLs for sure and he can't get outside the tackle box or to the 2nd level.

I like three of USCs OLs better than Mama - Banner, Talamaivo, Lobendahn.


Disagree. I thought he was surprisingly light on his feet for a 350 pounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clyde_carbon wrote:
jshowers wrote:
clyde_carbon wrote:
Damien Mama is the best OG I've watched so far. What a brute.


I don't like him, man. He reminds me of watching Denver Kirkland from this past year. Heavy handed and immovable but his SPARQ is going to be in the bottom quarter of interior OLs for sure and he can't get outside the tackle box or to the 2nd level.

I like three of USCs OLs better than Mama - Banner, Talamaivo, Lobendahn.


Disagree. I thought he was surprisingly light on his feet for a 350 pounder.

I'm going to settle this right now and go watch him.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verdict: Damien Mama is faster, lower body is more coordinated than Denver Kirkland. Mama is pretty much Edwin Mulitalo with better feet. Not a bad player, just the type of guard more suited/coveted in 2003 than 2016. I agree with Clyde, but I haven't watched enough of Mama to put in somewhere. Not too interested in evaluating 350-pound underclassman guards right now.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 32991
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Robinson facing felony charges....

Quote:
BREAKING: Alabama LT Cam Robinson charged with felony after Louisiana arrest.


Per Michael Casagrande
_________________

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alabama All-SEC left tackle Cam Robinson was arrested in his hometown of Monroe, Louisiana, early Tuesday morning on charges of possession of a controlled substance, illegal possession of a firearm and possession of a stolen gun.

The stolen gun charge is a felony, while the others are misdemeanors.

Teammate and backup defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones, who was allegedly a passenger in the vehicle Robinson was driving, was also arrested on possession of a controlled substance and illegal carrying of a weapon.

According to multiple reports, Robinson and Jones were still in custody Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, an officer approached their vehicle at a park that was closed and "detected the strong odor of marijuana." The report alleges that a bag of marijuana and a handgun were in plain sight and a stolen handgun was found under the passenger seat.

Robinson, a junior, has started eve


He's a big, grumpy, edgy dude. Not good.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 10214
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Alabama All-SEC left tackle Cam Robinson was arrested in his hometown of Monroe, Louisiana, early Tuesday morning on charges of possession of a controlled substance, illegal possession of a firearm and possession of a stolen gun.

The stolen gun charge is a felony, while the others are misdemeanors.

Teammate and backup defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones, who was allegedly a passenger in the vehicle Robinson was driving, was also arrested on possession of a controlled substance and illegal carrying of a weapon.

According to multiple reports, Robinson and Jones were still in custody Tuesday morning.

According to the police report, an officer approached their vehicle at a park that was closed and "detected the strong odor of marijuana." The report alleges that a bag of marijuana and a handgun were in plain sight and a stolen handgun was found under the passenger seat.

Robinson, a junior, has started eve


He's a big, grumpy, edgy dude. Not good.


d'oh!


Whyyyyyyy

My problem with this isn't that he had a gun necessarily but how did you come to possess a stolen firearm. what was going through his head when someone handed him this pistol. Why would you not question where it was from? THINK
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF


Last edited by pnies20 on Tue May 17, 2016 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
Quote:
Alabama All-SEC left tackle Cam Robinson was arrested in his hometown of Monroe, Louisiana, early Tuesday morning on charges of possession of a controlled substance, illegal possession of a firearm and possession of a stolen gun.

The stolen gun charge is a felony, while the others are misdemeanors.

Teammate and backup defensive back Laurence "Hootie" Jones, who was allegedly a passenger in the vehicle Robinson was driving, was also arrested on possession of a controlled substance and illegal carrying of a weapon.

According to multiple reports, Robinson and Jones were still in custody Tuesday morning.


According to the police report, an officer approached their vehicle at a park that was closed and "detected the strong odor of marijuana." The report alleges that a bag of marijuana and a handgun were in plain sight and a stolen handgun was found under the passenger seat.

Robinson, a junior, has started eve


He's a big, grumpy, edgy dude. Not good.


d'oh!


Whyyyyyyy


Saban will use this as ammo to bring him back for his senior year. Laughing
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In related news, recent Alabama walk-on OT Clam Bobinson is starting to get some hype.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JammerHammer21


Joined: 27 Dec 2009
Posts: 39766
Location: Anywhere
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
In related news, recent Alabama walk-on OT Clam Bobinson is starting to get some hype.


Clam has been on my radar for a while, it's about time you chumps found out about him
_________________

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tannenballs


Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Posts: 3813
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson was severely overrated anyways. Mike McGlinchey FTW
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
Robinson was severely overrated anyways. Mike McGlinchey FTW

People banking on a redshirt sophomore named McGlinchey from Notre Dame to declare early. Laughing Wink
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
clyde_carbon


Joined: 10 May 2014
Posts: 4036
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
Robinson was severely overrated anyways. Mike McGlinchey FTW

People banking on a redshirt sophomore named McGlinchey from Notre Dame to declare early. Laughing Wink


http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mike_mcglinchey_856705.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clyde_carbon wrote:
CalhounLambeau wrote:
tannenballs wrote:
Robinson was severely overrated anyways. Mike McGlinchey FTW

People banking on a redshirt sophomore named McGlinchey from Notre Dame to declare early. Laughing Wink


http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mike_mcglinchey_856705.html

Interesting. Thought he was a 3SO, apparently he's a 4JR. Thanks for letting me know. I must have mixed up his years when I first looked into him.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 2 of 57

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group