Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 TE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlash

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea Swoopes will be an interesting case. I totally forgot about him.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
And you didn't even mention Bucky Hodges Laughing

Ehhhh....I don't really know if I love his game. He's a big athlete, but isn't very physical. Doesn't block. And I wish he used his size better. He doesn't play tiny, but at his size, he should be mossing people all the time. I do really like Isaiah Ford the WR tho if you're looking for a VT shoutout. Hodges just has disappointed me. I had high expectations for him after his sophomore year. (Was that the yr he was awesome?) It was 1 or 2 seasons ago where I was impressed, but his stock has died since then.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
And you didn't even mention Bucky Hodges Laughing

Ehhhh....I don't really know if I love his game. He's a big athlete, but isn't very physical. Doesn't block. And I wish he used his size better. He doesn't play tiny, but at his size, he should be mossing people all the time. I do really like Isaiah Ford the WR tho if you're looking for a VT shoutout. Hodges just has disappointed me. I had high expectations for him after his sophomore year. (Was that the yr he was awesome?) It was 1 or 2 seasons ago where I was impressed, but his stock has died since then.

It was me just stirring the pot more than anything. His role changed this year, but his numbers are very consistent (and this year was arguably the best). I do get what you are saying though, he never popped above expectations. I agree on the blocking, but not sure I do about the physicality. Never saw him shy away from a hit, nor did I think was he scared to go up and make a play.

I do get why people haven't come around though (I think CL did a little bit). I like Ford as a prospect better too.

SEASON REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 48 691 14.4 42 7 9 42 4.7 15 0
2015 40 530 13.3 46 6 5 27 5.4 16 1
2014 45 526 11.7 50 7 7 20 2.9 5 0

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Jonnu Smith is another undersized guy, but one I actually like more than Gerald Everett (hot take). He is a little more stiff-hipped, but he did a lot of damage afer the catch in his career. Built like a big fullback, he can cut his way through a defense with power and speed. Simply tough to tackle when he gets rumbling. Very strong build.

At this point (there's not much on DB on either, but I've seen what's up on both), I agree.

But I disagree with Smith being stiff-hipped. I thought he moved like a WR. He's the guy who reminded me of Jordan Reed (despite Engram and Everett often being compared with Reed).

I also think Smith is more capable of being a legitimate NFL TE.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else like Toledo TE Michael Roberts? I think he's a better version of C.J. Fiedorowicz, and his hands are the size of most peoples feet.

Draft: C Davis, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass, B Brown #20
Fly Eagles Fly
lod01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Njoku is a king sized Shannon Sharpe.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
Jonnu Smith is another undersized guy, but one I actually like more than Gerald Everett (hot take). He is a little more stiff-hipped, but he did a lot of damage afer the catch in his career. Built like a big fullback, he can cut his way through a defense with power and speed. Simply tough to tackle when he gets rumbling. Very strong build.

At this point (there's not much on DB on either, but I've seen what's up on both), I agree.

But I disagree with Smith being stiff-hipped. I thought he moved like a WR. He's the guy who reminded me of Jordan Reed (despite Engram and Everett often being compared with Reed).

I also think Smith is more capable of being a legitimate NFL TE.

Everett coming in under 230 lbs. at the Senior Bowl is definitely questionable.

I've tried to dig a whole bunch of stuff on Smith (I ended up picking him in the Not Mock Draft) and I like his ability as a true move guy. He can do stuff from the backfield, in line, and in the slot. He's apparently very strong and tape shows he's more than just a willing blocker. Smallish hands and less than ideal hands might not make him the best guy in the middle of the field, but he can isolate and break away from a lot of linebackers.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Anyone else like Toledo TE Michael Roberts? I think he's a better version of C.J. Fiedorowicz, and his hands are the size of most peoples feet.

I don't like his attitude and effort, but he's very talented. Wish he'd block like he cares more often.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Shaheen should be fun to watch at the combine.

Draft: C Davis, J Mixon, T Basham, S Jones, H Wilson, G Kittle, T Kpass, B Brown #20
Fly Eagles Fly
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:

There's no way he's 277 lbs.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

There's no way he's 277 lbs.

I'd bet he's in the 270's. He's a monsterous dude. I'm more worried about his 40 time. He looks really slow to me.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:

I don't think he's bad, but he seems really wonky. Doesn't have any fluidity to his game. He's almost like a short Marcedes Lewis that doesn't block with any consistency. Great at boxing dudes out and making contact catches, but isn't a great leaper and doesn't run past anyone. A very good player in the red zone, but I don't ever see him being a TE #1.

He has every physical ability to play in-line, but hasn't actually shown that he's willing to accept that role. He blocks like a slot TE, but is not fast enough to play out in space in the NFL. I'm intrigued by him, but don't think he has any chance to go before round 5. I expect him to have bad combine numbers (is he invited?)
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he is pretty good in the Red Zone I will say that.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

I don't like his attitude and effort...Wish he'd block like he cares more often.

BleedTheClock wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

he seems really wonky...Doesn't have any fluidity to his game...doesn't block with any consistency...hasn't actually shown that he's willing to accept that role...He blocks like a slot TE...I expect him to have bad combine numbers (is he invited?)

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

I don't like his attitude and effort...Wish he'd block like he cares more often.

BleedTheClock wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

he seems really wonky...Doesn't have any fluidity to his game...doesn't block with any consistency...hasn't actually shown that he's willing to accept that role...He blocks like a slot TE...I expect him to have bad combine numbers (is he invited?)

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean. If you're questioning us not liking his effort while blocking, I'm not sure what to tell you. It's very clear on film. There are plays where he's interested and blocks like a 6'4" 260 pound TE should. There are plays where he clearly is mailing it in.

Lance Zierlein's scouting report is pretty spot-on:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/michael-roberts?id=2558049
Quote:
BOTTOM LINE One season of "wow" production, but has NFL size and length. Roberts' tape shows inconsistent effort from a blocking standpoint, but it also shows the strength and ability to handle those chores on the next level. He should be a functional receiver target as well and could come in as a third tight end with the ability to work his way up the ladder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: