Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 WR Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5219
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:
Isaiah Ford is trash. Said it before and I stand by it again. Some people like him. I likened him to Aj jenkins but he isn't even that athletic. He's no good.

It's weird to have a vendetta against a prospect. I still think he can be successful in the NFL despite his bad 40. He measured very well in every other drill.


I mean, he didn't have that good of shuttle or 3 cone either.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6573
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
I mean, he didn't have that good of shuttle or 3 cone either.

I honestly don't know what makes a good shuttle time, but I consider anything under 7 to be good for the 3-cone.

When I watch him he just seems like a guy who knows what he's doing. He's athletic measurements assumes he has a limited ceiling, but I think he can contribute early for some teams. I don't think it's absurd to think he can have a Steve Johnson type impact in the NFL.

Point is, despite his size and limitations, I like how he's overcome them with technique and polish.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 67522
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa:
Quote:
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that a "number of teams" have given Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook an undraftable grade.
That's a rather stunning report, so we'll let the analyst explain: "Beside the reasons previously mentioned such as declining an invitation to the Senior Bowl then not participating in combine workouts, I’ve been told Westbrook’s interviews here in Indianapolis have been horrible. Those at the interviews say Westbrook has been guarded and seemed untruthful. There are also off the field issues, many well documented and some more of a personality nature." Westbrook has a chance to turn the tide on Wednesday (March 8 ) during Oklahoma's Pro Day, an event that will be well-attended because running back Joe Mixon will work out. "I feel Westbrook will eventually be selected in the draft but rather than a second day pick as his talents warrant, expect him to land in the very late rounds," Pauline wrote.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Techbert


Joined: 24 Apr 2014
Posts: 890
Location: Orion Spur
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:
I mean, he didn't have that good of shuttle or 3 cone either.

I honestly don't know what makes a good shuttle time, ...


If you add .40 seconds to a short shuttle time, you get a result comparable to the 40 yard dash adjusted for lateral quickness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 23920
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Whoa:
Quote:
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that a "number of teams" have given Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook an undraftable grade.
That's a rather stunning report, so we'll let the analyst explain: "Beside the reasons previously mentioned such as declining an invitation to the Senior Bowl then not participating in combine workouts, I’ve been told Westbrook’s interviews here in Indianapolis have been horrible. Those at the interviews say Westbrook has been guarded and seemed untruthful. There are also off the field issues, many well documented and some more of a personality nature." Westbrook has a chance to turn the tide on Wednesday (March 8 ) during Oklahoma's Pro Day, an event that will be well-attended because running back Joe Mixon will work out. "I feel Westbrook will eventually be selected in the draft but rather than a second day pick as his talents warrant, expect him to land in the very late rounds," Pauline wrote.


Not surprised. He's a basket case.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BroncosFan2010


Joined: 04 Feb 2010
Posts: 3723
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, Westbrook seems to have some Titus Young in him. Like, not a kid slipping up and maturing but a legit personality disorder that requires real treatment and may render him unable to have a pro sports career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daineraider


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 6758
Location: Salt Lake City
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Whoa:
Quote:
Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that a "number of teams" have given Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook an undraftable grade.
That's a rather stunning report, so we'll let the analyst explain: "Beside the reasons previously mentioned such as declining an invitation to the Senior Bowl then not participating in combine workouts, I’ve been told Westbrook’s interviews here in Indianapolis have been horrible. Those at the interviews say Westbrook has been guarded and seemed untruthful. There are also off the field issues, many well documented and some more of a personality nature." Westbrook has a chance to turn the tide on Wednesday (March 8 ) during Oklahoma's Pro Day, an event that will be well-attended because running back Joe Mixon will work out. "I feel Westbrook will eventually be selected in the draft but rather than a second day pick as his talents warrant, expect him to land in the very late rounds," Pauline wrote.


Not surprised. He's a basket case.


So dumb, he just lost a lot of money.
_________________
Oakland Raiders - Utah Utes - Utah Jazz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36493
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Ya, Westbrook seems to have some Titus Young in him. Like, not a kid slipping up and maturing but a legit personality disorder that requires real treatment and may render him unable to have a pro sports career.
Dede Westbrook may not be a good guy, but he doesn't have a personality disorder. Titus Young had to be on medication and his meltdown was a result of him going off of his medication. It's not fair (or right) to compare the two.
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11162
Location: WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Ya, Westbrook seems to have some Titus Young in him. Like, not a kid slipping up and maturing but a legit personality disorder that requires real treatment and may render him unable to have a pro sports career.
Dede Westbrook may not be a good guy, but he doesn't have a personality disorder. Titus Young had to be on medication and his meltdown was a result of him going off of his medication. It's not fair (or right) to compare the two.

Agreed. Westbrook just has some anger issues and is dealing with normal maturation having grown up in a poor environment without a father and a mother who enabled some of his behavior. The alleged issues of violence were years ago and has been nearly a model citizen for years. Everyone at Oklahoma loves him. I spent nearly an entire afternoon detailing his background. If anyone wants to read it they can PM me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 67522
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Ya, Westbrook seems to have some Titus Young in him. Like, not a kid slipping up and maturing but a legit personality disorder that requires real treatment and may render him unable to have a pro sports career.
Dede Westbrook may not be a good guy, but he doesn't have a personality disorder. Titus Young had to be on medication and his meltdown was a result of him going off of his medication. It's not fair (or right) to compare the two.


I think y'all are conflating a personality disorder with a mental disorder. Based on Titus's behavior, I think he has a pretty severe mental disorder. Anyways, I don't know Dede personally, but he better get his crap together if he wants to be drafted.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nickfor3


Joined: 24 Aug 2015
Posts: 64
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

josh reynolds is criminally underrated
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronLion35


Joined: 01 Apr 2016
Posts: 29
Location: Kentucky
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Broncofan wrote:
Zay Jones completely sold me as a Rd 3+ pick for WR after the Senior Bowl, because I figured his Combine was going to show average #'s - instead, his performance today is going to make his stock soar. Chris Goodwin also helped himself a ton today.

Did not see Jones putting up those kind of #'s.


Agreed. I think Zay's offense limited his ability to show off his athleticism to some degree. He's a much better athlete than I expected. When you factor in how polished he is, I think he's a solid second round pick. Zay's routes are sound, his footwork on his release is impressive, and he catches everything in the same zip code.

I'm a big fan.


Regarding his athleticism, his pSPARQ is 94.1st percentile. That's absolutely fantastic and much better than I expected.

Also, Taywan Taylor's is 81.3rd percentile, which I think is notable. Really really like him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Techbert


Joined: 24 Apr 2014
Posts: 890
Location: Orion Spur
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickfor3 wrote:
Taywan Taylor is criminally underrated


FIFY. Josh Reynolds is correctly regarded. Taylor was forgotten before the Combine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 9614
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
So what round does Robert Davis deserve to be drafted in?
6'3" 219 lbs
long arms, big hands
4.44 40 yard. 41" vert. 6.82 3-cone. 19 bench reps. 11'4" broad jump.

Godwin and Zay Jones killed the short shuttle


I've been watching Robert since his Freshman year. He'll go in the 5th-6th area. The Wisconsin game will show you a lot. After year 2-3, I can see him putting up Allen Hurns(2015) type numbers after a couple seasons. QB situation held him back last season. He was the only threat, so defenses only had to watch one person. It was bad all around.
_________________

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indigo_rex


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 207
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Taywan Taylor and Josh Reynolds in a group with Zay Jones, John Ross, and JuJu Smith-Schuster. All solid 2nd RD WR's with underrated upside - with the exception of Ross, whose upside is well documented.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 62 of 67

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group