Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 WR Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5381
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I was wrong about John Ross. I didn't think he would time all that great. I was guessing 4.4ish. 4.22 is ridiculous. So I went back and watched more of this guy. He is very good. Excellent route runner that gets enormous cushions. Can run guys off and cut back to the QB for easy catches. Has RAC ability, but only with speed and agility. No power to his game, but that doesn't really concern me. Good hands. Will sometimes body catch, but not enough to flag it as a legitimate concern.

I was shocked that Njoku ran a 4.6. He looked fast for a WR...figures he'd murder it as a TE. Still, he's a beast.

Amara Darboh timed much better than I thought. I keep comparing him to Reggie Wayne, but I don't think Wayne could run a 4.4 if his life depended on it. Darboh is a beast of a route runner. Good hands. Good size. Good blocker. Negatives are RAC ability & short area quickness. Probably steictly an outside WR, as he can't run the snap routes that slots typically get.

Samuel was impressive, but I still don't see him as a natural WR. He body catches way too much. Doesn't have any subtle movements to set guys up running routes. Can't catch the ball outside the numbers effectively. He's a weapon, but a very specific weapon. I wish he just stayed at RB.
_________________
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CalhounLambeau


Joined: 05 May 2011
Posts: 11639
Location: WI
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Amara Darboh timed much better than I thought. I keep comparing him to Reggie Wayne, but I don't think Wayne could run a 4.4 if his life depended on it.


Ran the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds
http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205558824
_________________
Follow me on Twitter @CalhounLambeau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5381
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CalhounLambeau wrote:
BleedTheClock wrote:
Amara Darboh timed much better than I thought. I keep comparing him to Reggie Wayne, but I don't think Wayne could run a 4.4 if his life depended on it.


Ran the 40-yard dash in 4.4 seconds
http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205558824


That's amazing to me. Wayne looked so slow, even as a young player. He was just a freak route runner with an A+ pair of mitts. Was that 4.4 official? Because I really question that number.
_________________
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BleedTheClock


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Posts: 5381
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok just looked it up. Wayne ran an official 4.45. That's seriously shocking to me.

So is anyone else not buying this Chris Godwin speed? Obviously he ran that fast, but I see no burst on tape. It's almost like he's slow on purpose so that he can track the ball easier & make these body control catches that are impossible to make in you're running at full speed. I rarely ever saw him get over the top of a defense. I like him as a 2nd rounder before this combine, but I wouldn't freak out over those numbers. That seems crazy that he timed that well.

Also Isaiah Ford screwed himself. Yikes...
_________________
Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jeezla


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 19189
Location: 805
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what round does Robert Davis deserve to be drafted in?
6'3" 219 lbs
long arms, big hands
4.44 40 yard. 41" vert. 6.82 3-cone. 19 bench reps. 11'4" broad jump.

Godwin and Zay Jones killed the short shuttle
_________________

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopherwrestler


Joined: 20 Jan 2014
Posts: 5571
Location: 'Sota
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
So what round does Robert Davis deserve to be drafted in?
6'3" 219 lbs
long arms, big hands
4.44 40 yard. 41" vert. 6.82 3-cone. 19 bench reps. 11'4" broad jump.

Godwin and Zay Jones killed the short shuttle


I have him as a 6. still sticking too it.
_________________

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Counselor


Joined: 31 Jan 2017
Posts: 2091
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaiah Ford is trash. Said it before and I stand by it again. Some people like him. I likened him to Aj jenkins but he isn't even that athletic. He's no good.
_________________
In reference to concern about Joshua Dobbs' Knees

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...


GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
smokeybandit


Joined: 14 Aug 2015
Posts: 240
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Ok just looked it up. Wayne ran an official 4.45. That's seriously shocking to me.

So is anyone else not buying this Chris Godwin speed? Obviously he ran that fast, but I see no burst on tape. It's almost like he's slow on purpose so that he can track the ball easier & make these body control catches that are impossible to make in you're running at full speed. I rarely ever saw him get over the top of a defense. I like him as a 2nd rounder before this combine, but I wouldn't freak out over those numbers. That seems crazy that he timed that well.

Also Isaiah Ford screwed himself. Yikes...


Penn State's WRs had plenty of speed last year, so they didn't need Godwin to outrun people. They just needed him to out work people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69128
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Ok just looked it up. Wayne ran an official 4.45. That's seriously shocking to me.

So is anyone else not buying this Chris Godwin speed? Obviously he ran that fast, but I see no burst on tape. It's almost like he's slow on purpose so that he can track the ball easier & make these body control catches that are impossible to make in you're running at full speed. I rarely ever saw him get over the top of a defense. I like him as a 2nd rounder before this combine, but I wouldn't freak out over those numbers. That seems crazy that he timed that well.

Also Isaiah Ford screwed himself. Yikes...


Godwin's film is deceptive because he lacks urgency in his vertical stem. It likely made him appear slower than he is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Samuel was impressive, but I still don't see him as a natural WR. He body catches way too much. Doesn't have any subtle movements to set guys up running routes. Can't catch the ball outside the numbers effectively. He's a weapon, but a very specific weapon. I wish he just stayed at RB.


Samuel has the worst ball skills this class has to offer (which isn't terribly surprising considering his scarce usage at Ohio State). I think he's terribly overrated and the Denard Robinson comp makes sense to me (though I feel Samuel has more ability as a route runner than Denard ever did).
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoS


Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 7012
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Isaiah Ford is trash. Said it before and I stand by it again. Some people like him. I likened him to Aj jenkins but he isn't even that athletic. He's no good.


Yea, he doesn't really bring anything special to the table. He's very natural tracking the football and does a great job with body control to put himself in position to win contested balls, but at his size I don't think you can rely on him to win in those situations at the next level.
_________________
DCRED wrote:
Your dialogue was amazing and your facts presented were Stellar.
You give yourself and your team's forum great Honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69128
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone going back to watch film on Zay Jones? I know there were quite a few who weren't sold on his athleticism, but he checked every single box at the Combine. There's no doubting his production or his performance at the Senior Bowl.

I wonder where he'll fall now. I'm thinking the second round.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich7sena


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 6853
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
Isaiah Ford is trash. Said it before and I stand by it again. Some people like him. I likened him to Aj jenkins but he isn't even that athletic. He's no good.

It's weird to have a vendetta against a prospect. I still think he can be successful in the NFL despite his bad 40. He measured very well in every other drill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 69128
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
Counselor wrote:
Isaiah Ford is trash. Said it before and I stand by it again. Some people like him. I likened him to Aj jenkins but he isn't even that athletic. He's no good.

It's weird to have a vendetta against a prospect. I still think he can be successful in the NFL despite his bad 40. He measured very well in every other drill.


I feel that way about Cooper Kupp. IMO, the 40 isn't that important for him. I think the agility drills show that he'll be just fine in the NFL.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Anyone going back to watch film on Zay Jones? I know there were quite a few who weren't sold on his athleticism, but he checked every single box at the Combine. There's no doubting his production or his performance at the Senior Bowl.

I wonder where he'll fall now. I'm thinking the second round.


He's a guy to keep an eye on for the Ravens in the 2nd. We want a chain moving type guy and I think Zay fits that bill well. Good routes, reliable hands, productive.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 61 of 71

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group