Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 2017 QB Class Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's the top QB prospect heading into '17?
D. Watson
32%
 32%  [ 58 ]
D. Kizer
19%
 19%  [ 35 ]
J. Dobbs
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
M. Browne
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B. Gustafson
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
L. Falk
4%
 4%  [ 8 ]
P. Mahomes
5%
 5%  [ 10 ]
B. Kaaya
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
B. Mayfield
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
M. Johns
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
M. Rudolph
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
J. O'Korn
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
G. Kiel
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
J. Johnson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
M. Leidner
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
M. Trubisky
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
J. Barrett
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
A. Solomon
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
C. Kelly
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
T. Sirk
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 180

clyde_carbon

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: The 2017 QB Class Thread Reply with quote

Welp, might as well get this started. Looking like an extremely weak QB class overall.

Here's my *very* early top-10 heading into the season, and obviously it's subject to change.

Note - I don't have any QB rated as a first rounder for '17 yet.

1. Luke Falk, Washington St.
2. DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
3. Brad Kaaya, Miami
4. Deshaun Watson, Clemson
5. Matt Johns, Virginia
6. Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
7. Brady Gustafson, Montana
8. Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee
9. Seth Russell, Baylor
10. Tyler Rogers, New Mexico St.
BleedTheClock

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Kaaya is the top offensive player in the draft for next year, factoring in positional importance. He's not as good of a prospect as Goff was, but I'd take him over Wentz every. single. day. He's going #1...assuming a QB-needy team is at the top of the draft.

Too many question marks with Watson. He's not some bum that'll get drafted kinda high like Dak Prescott, but I don't see him as better than Kaaya, who has very little question marks for transitioning into the NFL.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaaya.

Courtesy of an online joke search
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BleedTheClock wrote:
Brad Kaaya is the top offensive player in the draft for next year, factoring in positional importance. He's not as good of a prospect as Goff was, but I'd take him over Wentz every. single. day. He's going #1...assuming a QB-needy team is at the top of the draft.

Too many question marks with Watson. He's not some bum that'll get drafted kinda high like Dak Prescott, but I don't see him as better than Kaaya, who has very little question marks for transitioning into the NFL.

I don't think he's the best offensive prospect regardless of position value but I do think he's better than both Wentz and Goff were who I think we're nothing more than blah prospects. I also think Kaaya has some things to work on before he's #1 but then again, teams have reached for QBs before like this season with Goff and Wentz going 1 and 2. If they can go that high, no reason Kaaya can't. Also I'm higher on Watson than most. I think he'll be a solid QB in the NFL. Clemson didn't lose much on offense so he should be putting up big #s again. If he can improve his footwork(kind of hard in that offense), he'll be a top 10 pick. Teams IMO who will looking for a QB and picking high potentially to me are.... SF, Cleveland, Chicago(the Cutler experiment has to end) and then decent teams with mediocre QB play who could trade up like Buffalo, NYJ(Do they seriously think Hackenberg is the future or are they resigning the average Fitzpatrick), Minnesota(Teddy has to step it up), and also teams with aging QBs like SD, NO, Arizona, and Dallas(surely they couldn't thing Dak is the future can they Shocked Laughing ). Kaaya right now is the best QB prospect right now but he needs to develop his pocket awareness(hard with that OL), his deep ball could use some work, and to quit staring his receivers down as much(said this after his freshman season). All of most the early mocks have Watson and Kaaya in the top 10 and that certainly could change after a season(like it does every year) but I do believe those two are far and away the best two right now.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
clyde_carbon

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Kaaya has terrible pocket presence, can't hit the deep ball and has trouble progressing through his reads but he's a better prospect than Goff?

LOL.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clyde_carbon wrote:
So Kaaya has terrible pocket presence, can't hit the deep ball and has trouble progressing through his reads but he's a better prospect than Goff?

LOL.

Things to improve on... Try reading a little better. Not a single one of those things are terrible. Every prospect needs to improve on something just like your KC McDermott that you knew nothing about, SMH.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
tannenballs

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baker Mayfield isn't tall enough
LitesOut13

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clyde_carbon wrote:

LOL.

Dont see that at all so far watching him. But I also dont think he is better than Goff
clyde_carbon

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LitesOut13 wrote:
clyde_carbon wrote:

LOL.

Dont see that at all so far watching him. But I also dont think he is better than Goff

He's the one that said it. He claimed Kaaya is much better than Goff, but that his pocket presence, deep ball and progression passing are lacking.

Yea, LOL.
clyde_carbon

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
clyde_carbon wrote:

LOL.

Things to improve on... Try reading a little better. Not a single one of those things are terrible. Every prospect needs to improve on something just like your KC McDermott that you knew nothing about, SMH.

What didn't I know about McDermott, and how is that relevant to the discussion at hand, or how you contradicted yourself about 5 times in a single paragraph? Laughing
CalhounLambeau

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tannenballs wrote:
Baker Mayfield isn't tall enough

You're going to send Ozzy off the deep end by talking like that.
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaaya is maybe an Andy Dalton-level prospect right now. I think the biggest thing is he needs to speed up almost every aspect of his game. Reads, decision-making, etc. Given that he was receiving trash coaching in a nonsensical offensive system, it'll be interesting to see what Richt's offense does to his game. If he shows marked improvement in those problem areas, he's going to put up very good numbers and be a high pick in the first round. If not, he'll be a second rounder at best (and probably won't enter the draft).

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Dobbs at #1 and Watson at #2.

Kaaya is bad as a prospect, but I still have him at #4 before the season.

I don't get how anybody who has seen Luke Falk play could have him as the #1 QB. He's not in my top 5 and I don't even like my #4 and #5.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I have Dobbs at #1 and Watson at #2.

Kaaya is bad as a prospect, but I still have him at #4 before the season.

I don't get how anybody who has seen Luke Falk play could have him as the #1 QB. He's not in my top 5 and I don't even like my #4 and #5.

the only conceivable way an order of dobbs, watson, and then kaaya makes any kind of sense whatsoever is if you're ranking their likelihood to convert to receiver in the NFL Laughing

dobbs has absolutely no future in the NFL as a starting quarterback

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Teams IMO who will looking for a QB and picking high potentially to me are.... SF, Cleveland, Chicago(the Cutler experiment has to end) and then decent teams with mediocre QB play who could trade up like Buffalo, NYJ(Do they seriously think Hackenberg is the future or are they resigning the average Fitzpatrick), Minnesota(Teddy has to step it up), .

I fully expect Cleveland, Chicago and San Francisco in the running for a QB this season.

Minnesota could do it but only if Bridgewater stinks and we end up missing the playoffs because of him (as history has it though, we will not be missing the playoffs this year)

Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: