Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True about Lane. I just like making sure our OL is set for a while.

Want WRs and DBs too but I like the idea of prioritizing OL always.

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand he's being paid like a LT but if the Best OL in the draft and a stud plays LT why can't he be drafted and Lane stay at RT? Jon Runyun was every bit as good and responsible for McNabbs protection / success as Tra Thomas. One could argue Runyun was more important going against the Strahan's of the NFL.

I've never understood why People believe the transition from Right to Left would be seem less? Lane would be every bit as dominate as LT as he clearly is as a RT (top 3 in NFL). I'm not suggesting we need to take LT in the 1st but if he is clearly BPA I'd have no problem with him being Peters replacement and Lane staying put as our Jon Runyun!!!! His contract means nothing if the LT is being paid as a Rookie.

Cam-Peters-Kelce-Brooks-Lane

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:23 pm; edited 4 times in total
marky_b27

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, I wouldn't mind keeping Lane at RT - he's just dominant there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I understand he's being paid like a LT but if the Best OL in the draft and a stud plays LT why can't he be drafted and Lane stay at RT? Jon Runyun was every bit as good and responsible for McNabbs protection / success as Tra Thomas. One could argue Runyun was more important going against the Strahan's of the NFL.

I've never understood why People believe the transition from Right to Left would be seem less? Lane would be every bit as dominate as LT as he clearly is as a RT (top 3 in NFL). I'm not suggesting we need to take LT in the 1st but if he is clearly BPA I'd have no problem with him being Peters replacement and Lane staying put as our Jon Runyun!!!! His contract means nothing if the LT is being paid as a Rookie.

So you question Lane's ability to play the position he played in college, but then you just bump Jason Peters inside to a position he's never played at 36 years old?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:

Tyron Smith was dominant there too, but ultimately he was drafted to play LT and so was Lane. An OT drafted #4 overall should be dominant at RT, but we need all that athleticism protecting Wentz's blind side. Vaitai can hold down RT if he improves a little bit.
What would take this OL to the next level is a good LG and a C that can pancake DTs, unlike Kelce.
So far Isaac hasn't shown the ability to be that guy, but hopefully he comes back stronger and better. I'd like to see him holding down the C spot with Wis backing him up, but I wouldn't bank on that happening even if he was a 3rd rounder. I'm still all aboard the Julien Davenport train as a mid-round backup OT. Maybe he could even play LG.
Sign Zeitler to play LG for about 8 mill a year. Draft Davenport to backup OT or push Vaitai for starting RT spot. Draft another OG to backup Zeitler and Brooks (or start for Brooks if his anxiety gets bad). Let Isaac and Wis battle for starting C spot. Draft Rb to run behind improved OL. Draft good WR. All of a sudden we have an offense.

Draft: C Davis, G Conley, T Kpas, D Mama, T Taylor, J Davenport, M Lee, Corn#20 #92
Fly Eagles Fly
Jlash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Tyron Smith was dominant there too, but ultimately he was drafted to play LT and so was Lane. An OT drafted #4 overall should be dominant at RT, but we need all that athleticism protecting Wentz's blind side. Vaitai can hold down RT if he improves a little bit.
What would take this OL to the next level is a good LG and a C that can pancake DTs, unlike Kelce.
So far Isaac hasn't shown the ability to be that guy, but hopefully he comes back stronger and better. I'd like to see him holding down the C spot with Wis backing him up, but I wouldn't bank on that happening even if he was a 3rd rounder. I'm still all aboard the Julien Davenport train as a mid-round backup OT. Maybe he could even play LG.
Sign Zeitler to play LG for about 8 mill a year. Draft Davenport to backup OT or push Vaitai for starting RT spot. Draft another OG to backup Zeitler and Brooks (or start for Brooks if his anxiety gets bad). Let Isaac and Wis battle for starting C spot. Draft Rb to run behind improved OL. Draft good WR. All of a sudden we have an offense.

I don't think you necessarily have to pancake guys, just hold your ground and not get blown off the ball. There aren't many C's in the game that play with a ton of power. Travis Frederick is the only one I can really think of.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick Jeezla type mock

1st Dalvin Cook RB
2nd Carlos Watkins DT
3rd Cooper Kupp WR
4th Kevin King CB

FA Jeremy Kelley WR
Dre Kirkpatrick CB
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Quick Jeezla type mock

1st Dalvin Cook RB
2nd Carlos Watkins DT
3rd Cooper Kupp WR
4th Kevin King CB

FA Jeremy Kelley WR
Dre Kirkpatrick CB
Need a lot more than that at receiver.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Quick Jeezla type mock

1st Dalvin Cook RB
2nd Carlos Watkins DT
3rd Cooper Kupp WR
4th Kevin King CB

FA Jeremy Kerley WR
Dre Kirkpatrick CB

I can argue year 2 of the Ginger era with an explosive run game is going to help those WRs.
jaymiz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EagleBlueDon wrote:
nlesthought wrote:
Quick Jeezla type mock

1st Dalvin Cook RB
2nd Carlos Watkins DT
3rd Cooper Kupp WR
4th Kevin King CB

FA Jeremy Kelley WR
Dre Kirkpatrick CB

And at CB
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep your eye on Kareem Jackson from the Texans. With AJ Bouye a franchise tag candidate and the Texans spending a 1st on Kevin Johnson, he might be available via trade. Might be a nice alternative to jumping into the outbidding game in Free Agency.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are dreaming for massive overhauls yet our cap situation doesn't project that.

Howie was just trying to resign Carroll that would put everyone of the starting CBs we had this year under contract for next year. Meaning Howie is staying the course, I too believe year 1 of a new system for over half the roster means a learning curve. Some say a handful of plays from winning 10 games. I don't imagine a two new CBs starting next year, if that does happen we'll probably win 5 games instead of 7
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

So you question Lane's ability to play the position he played in college, but then you just bump Jason Peters inside to a position he's never played at 36 years old?

Noticed how he was still on the Left side as a LG? A lot easier transition then moving him completely to the other side. Not sure why him playing LG would hinder him at his size/age? Lane played 11 GM's total as a LT (in College) and the last 4 as a Dominant RT. So yes I'm perfectly fine leaving him there if it means a Equally talented LT who also might dominate at the Pro level is found.

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FA
A.J. Bouye CB
Kenny Stills WR
Gerald Hodges LB

Draft
Trade 1#14 + Jason Kelce to Tennessee for 1#18 + 3#69 + 3#83
Trade Round 4#130ish (Browns comp pick) + Mychal Kendricks to Minnesota for 4#111 + 2018 6th round pick

1-18 Corey Davis WR
2-43 Gareon Conley CB
3-69 Joe Mixon RB
3-74 Tanoh Kpassagnon DE
3-83 Julien Davenport OT
4-108 Damien Mama OG
4-111 Corn Elder CB
5 Marquel Lee ILB
6 Tyus Bowser DE/OLB
7 Cameron Johnston P

Draft: C Davis, G Conley, T Kpas, D Mama, T Taylor, J Davenport, M Lee, Corn#20 #92
Fly Eagles Fly
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Jlash wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Noticed how he was still on the Left side as a LG? A lot easier transition then moving him completely to the other side. Not sure why him playing LG would hinder him at his size/age? Lane played 11 GM's total as a LT (in College) and the last 4 as a Dominant RT. So yes I'm perfectly fine leaving him there if it means a Equally talented LT who also might dominate at the Pro level is found.

Funny thing is I could still see him leading the league in pre-snap penalties.

He's not a guard, he would be hurt every other play trying to anchor vs DT 40 snaps a game. I can't see him getting a push on said DTs either.. His strength comes from his arms. OG can get away with short arms because their blocking is closer to the body. Peters long arms would hinder him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 61 of 68

Jump to: