You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect Thread #Weapons4Wentz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Personally I don't care about the combine so much. The drills and 40 times barely mean anything. Mostly I like it to hear Mayock and company talk about all the players. The actual workout numbers mean nothing to me.

Exactly. Applause Applause Applause

The Underwear Olympics have truly become a joke and more about making the NFL and NFLN MONEY!!!. The only good thing that occurs IMO that should effect a Big Board is the interviews and interaction GM/Coaches might get with a player for the first time. Just like Carson Wentz had on our FO last year.

The Combine really is close to useless.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Personally I don't care about the combine so much. The drills and 40 times barely mean anything. Mostly I like it to hear Mayock and company talk about all the players. The actual workout numbers mean nothing to me.

Exactly. Applause Applause Applause

The Underwear Olympics have truly become a joke and more about making the NFL and NFLN MONEY!!!. The only good thing that occurs IMO that should effect a Big Board is the interviews and interaction GM/Coaches might get with a player for the first time. Just like Carson Wentz had on our FO last year.

The Combine really is close to useless.

All the combine is used for is to give scouts/FO personnel reasons to go back and look at the tape if need be. If some poster is putting heavy emphasis on the combine, then they need their mock draft card pulled.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The combine is a useful tool. The measurements matter. The testing matters. The interviews matter.

That doesn't mean that tape isn't the most important thing, but the combine helps provide context.

If your rankings/evaluations are changing drastically based on the combine, then there is a problem.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
Jeezla Top 10 CB's Pre-Combine

1 Sidney Jones
2 Marshon Lattimore
3 Tre'Davious White
4 Teez tabor
5 Marlon Humphrey
6 Jourdan Lewis
7 Gareon Conley
8 Rasul Douglas
9 Cordrea Tankersley
10 Desmond King

No Adoree Jackson?

Adoree certainly has upside, but he's raw.

I think track got in the way of his progress as a football player. He was competing in track every off-season and missed practice time. Before he made the decision to declare for the draft he made it clear that if he came back for his Senior year that he wouldn't do track and would just focus on football.

So, I'm interested to see what he can do when he is now in the NFL and just focused on football. He definitely has good upside with his athleticism and ball skills.

Even though he's raw I think with his athleticism, ball skills, and return ability that some team will take a shot on him in the late first to late second round.

I'd love to get him with our 3rd rounder, but I don't think that's possible.
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
The combine is a useful tool. The measurements matter. The testing matters. The interviews matter.

That doesn't mean that tape isn't the most important thing, but the combine helps provide context.

If your rankings/evaluations are changing drastically based on the combine, then there is a problem.

Agreed 100% on this.
philly fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kermit Whitfield WR FSU - fast athlete mid to late rounds let's go get him.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
What about this:

1) Corey Davis
2) Jourdan Lewis
3) Connor Kupp
4) Joe Mixon
4) Corn Elder
5) Damien Mama

All 5 guys would have a solid chance of having a huge impact from Day 1

Maybe sign a FA Vet at RB like Jamaal Charles on a reasonable deal if possible.

Sign Chance Warmack for OL depth and a chance to start at LG.

Trade Kendricks. He doesn't play much.

Sign a FA CB.

I don't think Mixon will be there in the 4th, mostly thanks to Tyreke Hill going in the 5th and playing well. If Tyreke Hill can go in the 5th, Mixon could go as high as the 2nd, even with the video.
Also don't think Mama will be there in the 5th.
I also think we can do better than Kupp in round 3. Maybe you like him a lot, but he's not in my top 7 or 8 WR's. I'd rather have Godwin or Isiah Ford in the 3rd. Corey Davis and Chris Godwin. We'd be so dangerous in the red zone. Godwin will also block the crap out of a DB on running plays.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
What about this:

1) Corey Davis
2) Jourdan Lewis
3) Connor Kupp
4) Joe Mixon
4) Corn Elder
5) Damien Mama

All 5 guys would have a solid chance of having a huge impact from Day 1

Maybe sign a FA Vet at RB like Jamaal Charles on a reasonable deal if possible.

Sign Chance Warmack for OL depth and a chance to start at LG.

Trade Kendricks. He doesn't play much.

Sign a FA CB.

I don't think Mixon will be there in the 4th, mostly thanks to Tyreke Hill going in the 5th and playing well. If Tyreke Hill can go in the 5th, Mixon could go as high as the 2nd, even with the video.
Also don't think Mama will be there in the 5th.
I also think we can do better than Kupp in round 3. Maybe you like him a lot, but he's not in my top 7 or 8 WR's. I'd rather have Godwin or Isiah Ford in the 3rd. Corey Davis and Chris Godwin. We'd be so dangerous in the red zone. Godwin will also block the crap out of a DB on running plays.

Likes him so much he doesn't know his name.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Agreed 100% on this.

So do I, not to mention the field drills they do are great opportunities to check out the footwork and hips for DB's, DE's, LB's, RB's, OL, and WR's. All positions we could use.

Fly Eagles Fly
Jlash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
Jlash wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

Agreed 100% on this.

So do I, not to mention the field drills they do are great opportunities to check out the footwork and hips for DB's, DE's, LB's, RB's, OL, and WR's. All positions we could use.

Exactly. It's a tool. It's to be used as PART of the evaluation process.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, still think it's close to useless. I used to think they were awesome, used to watch them start to finish. But then you watch it year after year and realize most of it is crap and means almost nothing. Guys with great performances in drills routinely can't play football. Others who weren't anything special at the combine turn out to be great football players. You don't need an NFL combine for measurements and interviews.

I'm not saying it can't be a part of the evaluation process, but it's definitely overhyped and exaggerated by too many people. Also I think game film provides context to the athletic ability and not the other way around.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combined is used to confirm what you see on tape or show a discrepancy with the tape. if you don't see someone being that slow or that fast you go back and look.
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day of doing field drills with no Pads on while wearing underwear in NO WAY evaluates players correctly. It's always been absurd and about making money for the NFL! Nor should it ever ever change your opinion of a player if you as a Scout/FO seriously watched their game tape from the previous 3-4 years worth of games. That's how NFL Franchises get sucked into taking the workout warriors like Mike Mamula and Tony Mandarich!

You want REAL Data on players, do every single one of those same drills, in full pads and uniforms!!!! Then I might actually take it seriously. This isn't Flag Football so dress accordingly.

2017 Bird Watch: QB Carson Wentz: 2Gm//85 Att//60% Comp//640 Yds//4 TD//2 INT//61 Rush yds//
Jeezla

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCU OL Aviante Collins seems like a good 6th or 7th round pick. Good feet, good athlete for an OL, and put up 34 reps with 33 3/8" arms. Guy could potentially be a pretty good LG who can also spot start at LT in a pinch, like a young Todd Father, but 25 lbs lighter. Same could probably be said for Corey Levin, but Collins is probably more athletic.
Disappointing that Mama didn't lift. With those 35" arms, it's probably not the best number, but he plays strong- or at least doesn't get overpowered, so it shouldn't really matter. I just like to see dudes give it a whirl anyways.

Fly Eagles Fly

Last edited by Jeezla on Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jlash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
One day of doing field drills with no Pads on while wearing underwear in NO WAY evaluates players correctly. It's always been absurd and about making money for the NFL! Nor should it ever ever change your opinion of a player if you as a Scout/FO seriously watched their game tape from the previous 3-4 years worth of games. That's how NFL Franchises get sucked into taking the workout warriors like Mike Mamula and Tony Mandarich!

You want REAL Data on players, do every single one of those same drills, in full pads and uniforms!!!! Then I might actually take it seriously. This isn't Flag Football so dress accordingly.

So for years and years before it was televised or even mattered it was a money making scheme for the NFL?

No one is using the combine as an end-all be-all. It's a tool, part of a process.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: